It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hello,

Last night I was watching Monster Quest on the History Channel and almost in the last half of the show, they aired a very eerie commercial that caught my attention. The commercial first showed the date of the Pearl Harbor attack: December 7, 1941. Then it showed the date of Obama's nomination: November 4, 2008. Then it streamed a bunch of these dates very quickly and finally showed the words "May 25, 2009: A global event that will change everything." What does this mean? Is this an ad for a new show or is it something else?

Updated: Here it is:

Related Thread

Another Related Thread

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Dan5647]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

You say you have the commercial on tape?

If so, find a way to post it!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It may have to do with a show airing about Nostrodomus(SP?) I think one of the quatrains refers to 5/25/09. That's my guess anyway.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
Hello,

Last night I was watching Monster Quest on the History Channel and almost in the last half of the show, they aired a very eerie commercial that caught my attention. The commercial first showed the date of the Pearl Harbor attack: December 7, 1941. Then it showed the date of Obama's nomination: November 4, 2008. Then it streamed a bunch of these dates very quickly and finally showed the words "May 25, 2009: A global event that will change everything." What does this mean? Is this an ad for a new show or is it something else?

P.S. I got the commercial on tape by accident.

Yes! I saw this too last night and it creeped the sh$# out of me. I even rewinded it a second time becasue I thought I was just seeing stuff. Very freaky nonetheless.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Saw that too, it came on after a "Life after People" preview. Was not sure what to think of it as well, but I was tempted to do a search on their site for it.

May 25

link   
It is Memorial Day, right?

2nd line.

[edit on 14/5/09 by MajesticJax]

link   
It could just be an advert for "Decoding The Past: Mayan Doomsday Prophecy TVPG V "
Its on at 8pm on the 25th.

www.history.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

I have seen that commercial as well, and I am assuming it is some ground-breaking program they will air on that date. That said, I am consistently disappointed in what they think is ground-breaking, so don't be too excited. They typically ramp up an hour long program, giving fleeting glimpses of some discovery only to say how no conclusion can be reached and it will require more study, tune in next time.

Probably a program disclosing aliens and the mountains of proof for 55 minutes, just to pull the plug during the last 5!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The world is coming to an end on December 21, 2012! The ancient Maya made this stunning prediction more than 2,000 years ago. We'll peel back the layers of mystery and examine in detail how the Maya calculated the exact date of doomsday. Journey back to the ancient city of Chichen Itza, the hub of Maya civilization deep in the heart of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, to uncover the truth about this prophecy. The Maya were legendary astronomers and timekeepers--their calendar is more accurate than our own.

Oh dear, well this will do wonders for some people anyway.

www.history.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That said, I am consistently disappointed in what they think is ground-breaking, so don't be too excited.

They don't think it's ground-breaking, they just want YOU to think it is.

It's a sales pitch people. They're selling you a product. If it were anything truly monumental, we'd have heard about it elsewhere. Reality doesn't seek exclusive broadcast rights. Reality happens, and everyone else scrambles to be the first to pick up on it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
It's a countdown for the Angels and Demons movie release as far as I can tell.

Viral marketing at it's best

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
events according to WIKIPEDIA

Event

May 25 – Triple conjunction of Jupiter and Neptune, Jupiter 24' south. First of three triple conjunctions of Jupiter and Neptune

i reckon it will have something to do with Nostrdamus or something...

or maybe the LHC (angels & demons)

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
it can't be the mayan show it comes on at 8 this comes on at 9

take a look at the links here

www.history.com...

www.history.com...

www.history.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

The world is coming to an end on December 21, 2012! The ancient Maya made this stunning prediction more than 2,000 years ago. We'll peel back the layers of mystery and examine in detail how the Maya calculated the exact date of doomsday. Journey back to the ancient city of Chichen Itza, the hub of Maya civilization deep in the heart of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula, to uncover the truth about this prophecy. The Maya were legendary astronomers and timekeepers--their calendar is more accurate than our own.

Oh dear, well this will do wonders for some people anyway.

www.history.com...

I wonder how they will accomplish this. The modern Mayans have publicly denounced any connection between their calendar and the end of the world. It is simply the end of a cycle, it happened before. How will a credible source like the History Channel make a documentary claiming these people said so and so, with those same people in the papers saying the opposite?! Over dramatization for ratings! Sadly, I will have to watch it, because I am finishing a book on this subject, and they have surely done some research that may help me, even if it goes in the 'bad' example category of the book.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Here it is (sorry no sound):

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Im sure they wont have problems managing to say what they feel like, through a process of well thought out and poorly sourced facts, all of which will end with 'But you know what, mankind has the power to change these events if it chooses'. And then it will be discussed ad nauseum on the boards here.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well looking at the sch whatever it is its sch for a 2hr block. I dont beleive it has anything to do with the Myan calender cause that doc shows all the time this is something diffrent.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11
It's a countdown for the Angels and Demons movie release as far as I can tell.

Viral marketing at it's best

This is incorrect. The whole breakdown on "Angels and Demons" was aired last Friday. Not to mention the movie opens world wide tomorrow on the 15th.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
just saw the same commercial on History. wtf is it supposed to mean? are they just trying to start up some hype for some lame program then?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
That is allot of balls stating what ever it is is the most important find in 40 million years..And to be the biggest event ever..Theres allot of emotions that run very deep on all those dates..And allot of people will be pissed if it turns out to be nothing..kinda like Al capones vault..

Who knows they may have a top secret space ship..Isnt that date close to disclosure day?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join