It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel: Global Event on May 25, 2009

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

But there is still this nagging voice in my head that states if it was as important as they are hyping, we would have already seen numerous press conferences about it.

That nagging voice is called rationality. Embrace it.

reply to post by infinite

I doubt it's disclosure for a number of reasons.

1. While I do think the US has perhaps the most extensive collection of UFO files - I think most of them are not the spectacular revelations some would expect here. When disclosure does come, it will probably look a lot more like France's UFO's files.

2. As reasons mentioned above, disclosure would be a huge story - one that couldn't be kept from the news media. Whoever covered it first... whoever "broke the story"... would surely be in line for a Pulitzer Prize. The History Channel simply doesn't have the sort of prestige or resources necessary to secure a story like that.

It may be possible that a disclosure "date" was set, and the History Channel was preparing preemptive programming for the event, such as the case with movie premiers. However, be that the case, then you would expect to see similar teasers from other networks. Something like this would like expecting the History Channel to gain exclusive broadcasting rights to New Year's Eve.

3. The date makes no sense. 44 million years? Disclosure of alien contact would be the biggest event in human history - but we've only been around as a species for about 150,000 years - give or take 50,000 years. One could claim that contact is the biggest event for life on Earth in general... but life on Earth has been around for roughly 3.8 billion years. Even complex multicellular life has been around over 500 million years.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

I was making a mere suggestion. Disclosure would be implemented by the US government, not the History Channel

Whatever the program is about, the organisers have it under totally secrecy. No hard evidence or clues to what the program will be about. It will have to be highly significant to warrant the claim of a Earth changing event.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well, if it is not Disclosure, it could be something similar, possibly. Announcement about Life on Mars, or perhaps revealing of a contact or so.

Who knows. All that can be done, is to wait and see.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Could it be a promo for a show about days that "changed everything"? With one show about each of those dates?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
It is Memorial Day, right?

2nd line.

[edit on 14/5/09 by MajesticJax]

Yea but Memorial day happens every year. This has to be something more important. Or maybe it has something to do with a memorial to somebody or something or this country .

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by MajesticJax
It is Memorial Day, right?

2nd line.

[edit on 14/5/09 by MajesticJax]

Yea but Memorial day happens every year. This has to be something more important. Or maybe it has something to do with a memorial to somebody or something or this country .

If it is merely concerning USA, then how could it be a "Global Event"?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Here is the dates from the video over at The History Channle. Im pretty sure I got them all, shown in order from the video.

Jan 28 1968
March 4 1933
Nov 22 1963
July 20 1969
Nov 4 2008
Dec 7 1941
2 Million B.C.
1028 A.D.
July 12 1984
Nov 16 1962
1240 B.C.
1 Million B.C.
Aug 31 1981
June 20 1647
March 15 1246
Oct 10 1958
July 10 1990
Aug 27 1985
Sept 20 1987
Jan 10 1347
Feb 26 1280
845 B.C.
Sept 11 2001
Jan 13 2004
Oct 1 1781
Feb 5 1962
Dec 26 1919
0 A.D.
May 25 2009

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by aluta
Could it be a promo for a show about days that "changed everything"? With one show about each of those dates?

Great thought. It does say "premieres" on that date. As if there will be more dates/shows to follow. I think you are on to something, but I'm still gonna be mad at their hyper-drama!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't think it could be a show on all of these previous dates, as the commercial sights May 25th. So, the History Channel would have to be a lot more self important than I had previously thought, to name the premier of a show on past important dates a global event.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by behindtopazeyes

All those dates indicate some major social / historical date like popes dieing and presidents being elected..

My bet is it will be another lame History Channel program.. I am ever increasingly disappointed by the History Channel, Discovery (aka car, bike, lame myth buster channel) and TLC (now the home design and homosexual channel)

If it where something scientific, it wouldn't air on the History Channel.. I bet it has to do with a tomb being found or some archeological find of some kind.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aluta

no, because it says ... witness the most important FIND ...

THE MOST IMPORTANT ... it wouldnt be related to that many dates ...
~

and the website is as minisite ... I think it is used for mini series ...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Faiol]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
can anyone with sattelite go ahead 11 days to see what it is? I've forgotten how far ahead you can go with sattelite television.

I can't think of anything that they could possibly know that would be life changing for humanity, besides disclosure of alien contact, but theres no way they could keep that under wraps.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, unless someone leaks the info between now and then,(and it turns out to be something anti climatic) I would say there will be a lot of people watching on the 25th, counting myself.
Remember the baby Mammoth they found a while back?
I wonder if some scientists have cloned it and kept it under-wraps
until now. Would that be considered to be a Global Event?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

It had better not kick off on the 25th, Manchester United play in the Champions League Final on the 27th, I will be really p'd off if it has to be cancelled due to some Earth shattering event!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Maitreya. His "grand entrance". probably going to tell us humanity has been around for 44 million years. Then spew his bs.

i would like to forewarn my fellow ats'ers. Forewarned is forearmed. Maitreya is a FRAUD. He may actually be able to perform amazing, miraculous, metaphysical feats. But this don't mean a thing.

The "man" is supposedly out to be a spiritual teacher, but being someone who has delved into my own spirituality, and my own metaphysical existence, i can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that Maitreyas goals as stated on his website are NOT spiritual. Sure, if what this fellow is preaching is implemented correctly, then humanity will live much better.

But that is his falseness. He claims to be out to help assist humans spirituality. This does not come from being better fed, better clothed, and more educated. Those things are foundations of worldliness. You can be dirt poor, have no roof over your head, and completely uneducated, yet be the most spiritually evolved being on the planet.

that said, please don't fall for this charlatans hype. if you see him on tv, turn off it off. apparently he's really good at hypnotizing people.

www.shareintl.org... read this and tell me, is it spirituality or is it worldliness?

Also check this out. Remember the "star" alot of us saw a month or two ago? Big debate on ATS about wether it was jupiter or venus or something.
www.shareintl.org...

Watch for holograms in the sky.

Love and Peace

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I noticed something when I emailed myself the video from the history channel site. Instead of saying "Witness the most important find in 44 million years, May 25th on History. This Changes Everything" It says its the most important find in 47 million years....so which one is it history channel

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

Found this searching on Google, it talks about the History Channel upfront, introducing new original series. I think there's a good chance it is this:

Further greenlit series are Nostradamus Effect, examining today's global events and relating them back to a particular prophecy, and Mysteryquest, which looks to explore the unexplained.

www.worldscreen.com...

This makes even more sense because the Decoding The Past special at 8PM is most likely only an hour, which would make a good lead in to this show.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Soldat401]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If this is Important like they say, why show it on History Channel? at 8:00 PM or 9:00 PM. Why not show it when most people are watching the TV on a more prime channel. Why not show it before during or after a big TV show when most people are watching. History channel aint the biggest tv channel is it, as in people watching?

Its got us talking about it and it will speard and it will get people watching on the 25th. So it just mite be a sorta hype tactic to get people to watch on the 25th.

Tsom87

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

And I bet almost everyone posting in this thread will tune in to see what's up, so even if it turns out to be a dud, it's brilliant marketing.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I love these mysterious ad campaigns. They never amount to anything but they really can be innovative and fun.

I suppose I'll tune in to the episode and see if it's any good. Can always turn it off it it turns out to be too lame or dull.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join