It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I have wanted to make a post about this for quite a while, but just didn't, mainly out of fear of being called a lunatic. I realize now that really doesn't matter. I've alluded to it in a few of my prior posts, but no one ever really commented on it.

When I was a kid, maybe 6 or 7 years old, I can't recall exactly.. I was sleeping at my grandmother's house in Anaheim, CA. I had a room to myself across the hall from my grandma's room. I woke up in the middle of the night and lay there staring at a featureless white being wearing a blue colored nightgown with tiny red flowers on it. This nightgown I recall looked familiar to me, but after searching through both my mother's and grandmother's closets, I couldn't find it. It appeared to be made of flannel.

So anyway, I laid there staring at this thing trying to think of what to do. I remember thinking it was a ghost so I could probably run through it and out of the room. So that is what I tried. What I remember from this point was hitting something hard with my head while running at full speed. (to this day i wonder if i ran into the thing or into a wall) I took a spill got up, and panicked ran into my grandma's room and woke her up.

I told her what was going on, she thought I was full of it of course and walked with me back into the room, and nothing was there.

Over the years, I have thought about this little event. I tried to write it off as little kid half asleep hallucination etc but I just can't do that. This was very very real.

The being was pure white, and motionless standing(?) next to the bed. the face had no features, but it had a discernable head. Like pure white light. I had thought that the nightgown it had on was my mother's or grandmother's, but i could never find it either of their closets afterward. This was just my impression at the time it was happening.

I am sitting here trying to debunk myself. I know it wasn't a creepy human dressing in my grandma's nightclothes. I know it wasn't human period. I wasn't touched or molested in any way. I woke up, I stared at it for a few minutes scared out of my mind trying to decide what to do, then the rest.

This is a memory I cannot shake, and to be honest I wish I could because no one I have ever spoken to has offered any sort of explanation other than ghost, which I am not sure I really believe either. Although I remember that was also my first impression.

I realize this is way out there, but I wanted to just put it up because as I said, I haven't had any answers forthcoming in all these years, so if anyone else has any similar experience or insight into this, it'd be very much appreciated.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This could have just been somthing out of your own mind, sometimes when you awake you are still in sort of sleep state and can see things that are only in your mind.
But could have been ghost, should of seen what it wanted.
I remember waking up one day and seeing my mother standing there clear as day, but she was at work.
I also remember seeing the Christ standing before me all in white, at least he was smiling.
There's all kinds of things buried in your mind that come out at different times for different reasons.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
This could have just been somthing out of your own mind, sometimes when you awake you are still in sort of sleep state and can see things that are only in your mind.
But could have been ghost, should of seen what it wanted.
I remember waking up one day and seeing my mother standing there clear as day, but she was at work.
I also remember seeing the Christ standing before me all in white, at least he was smiling.
There's all kinds of things buried in your mind that come out at different times for different reasons.

That is along the lines of what I was thinking. In fact something like this happened to me too once. But it was obviously just a waking dream for me...

What happened was I woke up and clearly I was still not quite awake as when I did, my dad was sitting on my bed looking at me and smiling, like he was watching me sleep.

The only thing is, he was several miles away. After about 5 seconds I realized he was not even moving. It was like a 3d picture/hologram of him sitting right on my bed.

I rubbed my eyes and said "dad what are you doing here?" But when I moved my hands away from my eyes he(the dream) was gone.

It was not scary or anything to me, but then again, it was a dream of my dad so it would not be scary like a featurless white being would be. Yikes!

Anyway, the point I am trying to make here is that I wonder of the possibility of a dream. Sometimes after you wake up the part of your brain that dreams has not completly stopped yet.

Hmm, I wonder if that is what it is like for schizophrenics? the dreaming part of their brain just never shuts off? Intruiging...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Good to know I am not the only one. I was kind of wondering if this ties in with sleep paralysis as well, after reading a few other threads. I don't recall being paralyzed per se with this incident, unless the fear counts, but SP is something I have had here and there throughout my life.

Kind of wish I could bring on that state at will.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
there are a number of explainations.
1. when you are young you have no idea whats a dream and whats not. i remember thinking that (and dreaming) thatthere was a ghost bus that comes down the road everynight and they used to take me with them lol
i mean what a dream!!!

2.ther has been many stories of dead relatives coming back to see the very young. i have made a thread about my experiances
visit this page have any one had any stories of meeting a spirit??

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dedalive

i dont think what he saw was sleep pyralysis because when i had my first one i coud see a man sitting on my musical keyboard(right next to my bed) and i still felt relaxed and then he kicked me and dissapeard. i also couldnt move and when "he went" i jumped lol

top topics

join