It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About Astronauts & NASA Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well first an observation and then a question.

So we are all familiar with the various NASA videos that they take whenever they send a crew up into the atmosphere to fix the Hubble or deliver things the MIR and the Space Station.

Now, I may be wrong, but I am under the assumption that these people are extremely well trained astronauts who know the ins and outs of space and the machinery they are working with, including the camera equipment.

They obviously know protocol and do their jobs well, however I find something strange.

Nasa says it films all of it's expeditions in order to make sure that they do a good job, and for review of the Astronauts performance during these things. It's also a safety precaution and of course an oversight program.

According to NASA everything we've ever seen in the Background of one of these videos is to be disregarded as space junk or some other inatimate object that is of no value to anymore.

So tell me this.

Why do astronauts spend countless hours filming these little "anomolies" when they are in space? Why would anybody film a piece of spacejunk for more than 10 seconds. I assume they are well versed in the differences between craft and space junk, it can't possibly take them that long to figure out what they are looking at can it?

So again, why, if there is nothing up there, do they constantly pull away from whatever it is they are doing during space walks and other things, to film useless "space junk"?

Is NASA counting the pieces or something?

What do you folks think?

~Keeper

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I would assume that they would pay special attention to near by space junk to study the rotation and relative speed to the orbiter to further understand the science and study of orbital space junk.

Or...

Anomalous strange things getting more than 30 seconds of attention just may be of something of espionage spy ring and or alien origin.

What exactly they are focusing on and bringing all of this camera attention puzzles me as well.

Maybe one day we will finally find out.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Huh, well that were two pretty good explanations of what the possibilities are. But there are far too many videos for them to be studying all that particular, intelligent moving, very large anomalies seen in some of the more intense videos such as STS-75.

~Keeper

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
[edit on 14-5-2009 by tim1989]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Neil Armstrong's public comments during the 25th Anniversary of Apollo 11 at the White House, 20th of July 1994.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You already know I think they are UFOs not "space debris" - and the only people that tell us it is "space debris" is the only people that would know....

(hi NASA)

wZn

[edit on 14-5-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

top topics

join