It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whens the last time you actually had the flu ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I am not the type of person to take the flue shot , actually I have never taken the flu shot and I have not had the flu in years .

I am just wondering how may of you out there take the flu shot and when is the last time you had the flu ?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Max-TO:

I have never taken a flu shot, either!

I did have a hideous flu in late March (Cali) which replicates a lot of the symptoms of the H1N1. It hit our household of 4 (and several of us were in bed for a week).

You might get some more info. under the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have not taken a vaccine since 01 and don't get sick often. However, I am sick as a damn dog now with the worst chest cold and headache imaginable. Rotten luck I guess.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Glad someone asked. My experiences were that I got the flu more often during my early years in middle/high school when I used to get the shots, than I do after I stopped getting any shots at 13 years of age. By 16 it was rare for me to get sick at all. Maybe a slight cold or sinus infection every 2 years.

So the flu? Can't really recall. I'm guessing 10 years or so.

** Also, all of my roomates had the flu 2 months ago, I was the only one who did not get sick. They did not have it all at once either it was passed on from person to person so we had people sick for a whole month.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I've never gotten a flu shot and I only ever get a mild cold if anything at all. I went 3 years at one point point without even so much as getting allergies.

What's really weird is I did get a horrendous flu in March. I took 2 1/2 days off from work and was sick for just over a week. The first couple of days I had a really high fever and horrible body aches. I don't recall ever being that sick in my 28 years.

What's even weirder than that? Many I know and that are on ATS keep saying they were intensely sick sometime in March. I think there is something definitely weird about that.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've gotten the flu shot the past three years. I last had the flu four years ago.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm a 54 year old female.I've never had a flu shot and I can remember having the flu three times, the last time about 15 years or so ago.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I just came down with the flu on Tuesday morning. I got the flu shot in the Fall and didn't get it through the Winter. Actually, I hope it is the swine flu so I can develop antibodies should it come back with a vengeance next Fall....whatever.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I stupidly skipped the Flu shot this year and paid for it..

Stupid because I'm an insulin dependent Diabetic..

Caught the flu and it hit me hard for about three weeks... Wound up with 2 hospital visits for fever and dehydration...

Just got over it a week or so ago...

Horrible stuff

Semper

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I haven't had anything more than arunny nose or a sore throat since I honestly can't remember. The last time i can actually recall was 12 years ago. I associate the flu with puking, and a cold is the above symptoms. Is this how you'd define it?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Nope..

The Flu will have most of the following..

1. Body Aches
2. High Fever
3. Chills
4. Cold Symptoms
5. Nausea
6. Sometimes Diarrhea with resultant dehydration

Semper

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I only get cold symptoms, so if a cold symptom is technically defined as being part of the flu then yes. But if the cold symptoms alone define it as just a cold, then 12 yrs.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I get the flu once a year, every year and look forward to it. I have a couple of days of fever, sore throat, coughing, aches and pains and then it's gone. I look forward to it because it's the only time I drink anything stronger than a beer. I make some hot totties and get seriously mellow.

This year I didn't get the flu though. I have no idea why.

I never take a flu shot either.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I had a bad case of the flu starting on Christmas Eve and it went on thru New Year. It turned into pneumonia and I was out of work for three weeks. I also suffered from vertigo for the duration of it. I haven't ever been that sick. I live alone and taking care of myself for that long while being that sick was miserable. I remember a thread about the flu on BTS and posted conversation about it with other members. I didn't really think about it until now but it was pretty nasty. I wonder if the pig bug was floating around that far back.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm 45 and never had a flu shot and never had the flu. Mild cold yes, sore throat and stuff. I've only ever had one incident of fever, after a bad pizza lol.

Not that I'm super healthy or anything, I have plenty of other health probs to keep me happy.

I put it down to something I'm not allowed to mention here. It opens the bronchial tubes and clears the lungs.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
last time i had the flu was a couple years back, when i was high school. i havent had it since i joined the army and we get flu shots annually...come to think of it, i havent been sick at all since i joined

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Its been 24 years and I have not got the flu in 23 years, Go figure. I believe if you take it every year it actually keeps your immune system weak so you have to get it every year or pay the consequences.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I have never gotten a flu shot and the last time I got the flu was 1988.

I am not very afraid of the swine flu if you can imagine.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Ive never had the flu shot but i have had the flu, but thats only cause my immune system sucks. and my dad works at a hospital so he has a habbit of picking these things up

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join