It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act Enhancement Provides Death Penalty For Any Federal Crime Punishable By Over One Year In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
infowars.com...

Note from Alex Jones: The First Patriot Act passed in October of 2001 defines terrorism as any misdemeanor. Now this supplemental legislation, "The Terrorist Penalties Enhancement Act" (HR 2934) will allow the government to kill you for the crime of terrorism.

Bush has been traveling the country telling the American people that they had better expand the Patriot Act or that the terrorists will "get them." His statements in themselves are, by definition, terrorism:

ter�ror�ism
Pronunciation: 'ter-&r-"i-z&m
Function: noun
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion
: the use of or the threatened use of violent action by a group or individual to coerce another group or individual to submit to their demands.

Bush is effectively telling us to follow his orders, do as he says, give up our liberties -- or else. In reality it is Bush and the military-industrial complex that owns him that are expanding their power and profiting from the terrorism organization that they manufacture.

Terrorist Penalties Enhancement Act of 2003 (Introduced in House)

HR 2934 IH

108th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 2934

To increase criminal penalties relating to terrorist murders, deny Federal benefits to terrorists, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

July 25, 2003
Mr. CARTER introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL

To increase criminal penalties relating to terrorist murders, deny Federal benefits to terrorists, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Terrorist Penalties Enhancement Act of 2003'.

SEC. 2. PENALTIES FOR TERRORIST MURDERS.

(a) Chapter 113B of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in the chapter analysis, by inserting at the end the following:

`2339D. Terrorist offenses resulting in death.';

and

(2) by inserting at the end the following:

`Sec. 2339D. Terrorist offenses resulting in death

`(a) A person who, in the course of committing a terrorist offense, engages in conduct that results in the death of a person, shall be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life.

`(b) As used in this section, `terrorist offense' means--

`(1) international or domestic terrorism as defined in section 2331;

`(2) a Federal crime of terrorism as defined in section 2332b(g);

`(3) an offense under this chapter, section 175, 175b, 229, or 831, or section 236 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2284); or

`(4) an attempt or conspiracy to commit an offense described in paragraph (10), (2), or (3).'.

(b) Section 3592(c)(1) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by inserting `section 2339D (terrorist offenses resulting in death),' after `destruction),'.

SEC. 3. DENIAL OF FEDERAL BENEFITS TO TERRORISTS.

Chapter 113B of title 18, United States Code, is amended--

(1) in the chapter analysis, by adding at the end the following:

`2339E. Denial of federal benefits to terrorists.';

and

(2) by adding at the end the following:

`Sec. 2339E. Denial of federal benefits to terrorists

`(a) IN GENERAL- Any individual who is convicted of a Federal crime of terrorism (as defined in section 2332b(g)(5)) shall, as provided by the court on motion of the government, be ineligible for any or all Federal benefits for any term of years or for life.

`(b) DEFINITION- As used in this section, `Federal benefit' has the meaning given that term in section 421(d) of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 862(d)).'.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Land of the previously free. Kiss it goodbye boys!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This country is turning into a bad comic book with this slow authoritarianism.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I do agree with you that, Bush is just as bad about pushing his agenda and using a scare tactic is just as bad as the Terrorists now, saying they will do this by this date and they do nothing (another scare tactic)

But!!!.. If you kill someone in a terrorist act or plan on killing them, You should be shot on site and have your head on a Pike for all the Terrorists to see. I read the act above and all I read is, "If you kill or destroy, we now have the ability to to the same to you",

What scares me is How the hell was this a misdemeanor? I figured Death Penalty was in place for this stuff before.

Edit:
Please point out to me if I am incorrect in how I am read this and highlight what part that is.

Thanks

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by ShiftTrio]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Do you think the Germans were told that a Fascist Dictatorship was going to be imposed upon them? Did Hitler shout out a Reichstag window announcing the entirety of his plan to the population, who all thought it was a great idea and promptly started marching to the beat of the Nazi drum?

No, it was a conspiracy. It happened incrementally and most people believed the news media and didn't see the larger picture. Hitler wrote his own executive laws, it was called the Enabling act and bears a remarkable resemblance to the Patriot act 1 and 2.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Ninjorp]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am not disagreeing with you on that at all, I just meant the above. Also Hitler made his intentions very well known. He did hide it. He preached against the Jews and a Aryan Germany. Thats how he became in Power (one of the reasons)

I mean Killing Terrorists who kill our people, I do not see being a bad thing. Thats like saying people who kill anyone should be killed or have that right to do that, and we do have that in alot of states. Is this also a step on our freedom. Laws have to be made when it comes to certain things.

Is part of the partiot act bougus. Most Def. But then again maybe we should stop crying about how they didnt do anything etc..
Seems like alot of people asked for this.

Again Not that its right, but Like they say Cant have your Cake and Eat it too.

Again if I am reading the above wrong please let me know.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
But the erosion of freedom was hidden. Preaching against the Jews and an Aryan Germany was just voicing popular opinion at the time.

If a terrorist comes into your country and starts killing people - sure they reap what they sow. But who's in who's country now?

top topics

join