It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican plays down pope's Hitler Youth past

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Are these candidates usually in attendance in the Sistine Chapel at the time of the voting ?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yes, the candidates are in attendence and they are also allowed to vote as they are members of the College of Cardinals. I know the press always claims a front runner, or a few possibilities. In actuality, any one of the Cardinals can become Pope, typically a 2/3 majority will proclaim who the new Pope is, but these conclaves can drag on, so JPII made a new rule that if after a certain number of votings no one has 2/3's then a simple majority will do.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

LOL, I have said that many times. I think its Pope Benedicts eyes, they scare me, there's something "not right" there. Long live JPII, I loved him, actually he was the only Pope during my life so I suppose anyone would have big shoes to fill. I think that JPII pics and videos really conveyed a sense of peace, I don't know but that what I get from him, peace. Benedict, well, he really does sort of look evil to me, I really don't like seeing to many pics of him, its a very different feeling, but who knows it's not like I've ever met either of them.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
this dosent surprise me one bit, in my oppinion the cc is one of the most corrupt lying corporation ever created, they make the people worship a man as god who wears the fish of babylon, with all the paganism and symbols in vatican city, and the fact that the Pope Pius XII and many of his bishops and clergy sponsered and took part in the holocaust in croatia and took millions of the jews money confiscated during ww2 and the fact that they helped many nazi officials escape through ratlines

the vatican got a deeply rooted evil history

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Based on very limited information, in order to progress in this discussion we should only focus on what we know here and comment on that.

They are changing their stories, that's fact. First he said he was an involuntary now the Vatican says something else.

We know that there is so much poverty in the world, and the Vatican is disgustingly rich, yet as a

We know that the Pope barely comments on the lies and propoganda of terroism. Imagine if the Pope gave a historical speech on it, he could show light to so many sheeple in the bible belt.

Also, a note on all Popes is that they never spoke against their position of absolute monarchy for Vatican City.

Do you believe that absolute power corrupts absolutely?
Then do you advocate such a position of authority?

I think the Pope can learn alot from the president of Switzerland!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join