It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you like playing sherlock holmes help me out in this one!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hi there.
Yesterday i jumped to Detroit on google street view,and while i was looking around i saw a strange light point in the sky.I followed it up and down the avenue waiting to find a building shadow where the point could be explained as a scratch in the lens but it never showed up in the dark.
So,if you like playing sherlock holmes help me out in this!
Go to google maps,jump to "200 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI, United States"and look to the sky.
Thanks

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Can you post a screen shot? Im there and do not see anything unusual.

Just hit CTRL/print screen and paste into paint (most computers have) then upload to ATS media.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Just hit CTRL/print screen and paste into paint (most computers have) then upload to ATS media.

Sorry,i don't know how to take a screen shot and post it but i followed my description and it's working.Look at the top of the buildings.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

Sorry,i don't know how to take a screen shot and post it but i followed my description and it's working.Look at the top of the buildings.

Try this one"87 W Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI, United States"above the traffic lights.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
it looks like the moon, but I am not sure.

I drove down the street a bit.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Ok i see what you mean in both pics, but i think it is possibly the moon.
Other than that i dont know.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Do you have MS Paint on your computer? Most computers come with it.
Go to Start, Run and type in: Paint
Again, you can hit ctrl & print screen (both are buttons on your keyboard) and paste into MS Paint and upload to your profile on MATS

If you can do this, it would help the rest of us out to see exactly what you are seeing
Thanks!

ps. I looked at your 2nd address. I still dont really see anything unusual!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Do you have MS Paint on your computer? Most computers come with it.
Go to Start, Run and type in: Paint
Again, you can hit ctrl & print screen (both are buttons on your keyboard) and paste into MS Paint and upload to your profile on MATS

If you can do this, it would help the rest of us out to see exactly what you are seeing
Thanks!

ps. I looked at your 2nd address. I still dont really see anything unusual!

I'm on a mac.Ain't got paint.Sorry
You must see it.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Ok i see what you mean in both pics, but i think it is possibly the moon.
Other than that i dont know.

Too small to be the moon.
I don't know...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Ok. Do you mean this?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9923060eeef4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ok. Do you mean this?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9923060eeef4.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeaah!That's it!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It could be Venus, but Im not 100% sure on that. Might be too big. But since we do not know when this was taken by Google Street View cams....it might be impossible to look up the date/time on say Stellarium to find out where Venus was at that time.

But Venus can be seen during the day:

Daylight images of Venus

But it could also be something on the lense, something floating thru the air, an alien flying a spaceship, etc etc.

But good eye

[edit on 5/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Hi there.
Yesterday i jumped to Detroit on google street view,and while i was looking around i saw a strange light point in the sky.I followed it up and down the avenue waiting to find a building shadow where the point could be explained as a scratch in the lens but it never showed up in the dark.
So,if you like playing sherlock holmes help me out in this!
Go to google maps,jump to "200 E Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI, United States"and look to the sky.
Thanks

You found an orb. That is not the moon as it is below the clouds. I've seen these over san diego and have captured video of them.

Here's one I got that passed over my head from north to south. I love filming these things because people get all freaked out when you start filming the sky, especially in broad day light....Fun.

I'll try to find another image of one found in GE as well. They have tails. Some will think weather balloon, but I've never seen a balloon do this.

Peace

(click to open player in new window)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It could be Venus, but Im not 100% sure on that. Might be too big. But since we do not know when this was taken by Google Street View cams....it might be impossible to look up the date/time on say Stellarium to find out where Venus was at that time.

But Venus can be seen during the day:

Daylight images of Venus

But it could also be something on the lense, something floating thru the air, an alien flying a spaceship, etc etc.

But good eye

[edit on 5/12/2009 by greeneyedleo]

Thanks.It might be any of those

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Judging from these *ahem* 'Chem Trails' it looks like there is a flight path over where you were looking - I went quite a bit further down, maybe looking at a different day - but there's plenty of them.

I'd guess what you saw was a plane, or the reflection of the sun on a plane.

If it helps the date that Google captured Detroit was between just before August 17th, 2007 when Sonu Nigam played the Opera House there and December 10, 2007 when it completed it's 4th phase of photographing US cities.

Hope this helps.

-m0r

[edit on 12/5/2009 by m0r1arty]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

That's an interesting video. What do you suppose the little light source is that is flying all around? A joy riding alien?

As far as the OP's picture. It is clearly not Venus so one can only conclude it is an Unidentified Flying Object, or UFO if you prefer.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
BTW, to take a screen shot on a Mac, do a Command-Shift-3. (Apple-Shift-3) You will hear the sound of a camera taking a picture.

You can also do a Command-Shift-4 which will make a reticle appear. Highlight the portion fo the screen you wish to capture. When you let go, you'll hear the camera sound as well.

On the Desktop, for each picture taken a file will appear labeled Picture 1, Picture 2 and so on.

Simply drag one of these files to the Apple Preview application where it can be cropped and exported into a variety of popular image formats. (jpeg, gif, tiff, pdf, etc.)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
BTW, to take a screen shot on a Mac, do a Command-Shift-3. (Apple-Shift-3) You will hear the sound of a camera taking a picture.

You can also do a Command-Shift-4 which will make a reticle appear. Highlight the portion fo the screen you wish to capture. When you let go, you'll hear the camera sound as well.

On the Desktop, for each picture taken a file will appear labeled Picture 1, Picture 2 and so on.

Simply drag one of these files to the Apple Preview application where it can be cropped and exported into a variety of popular image formats. (jpeg, gif, tiff, pdf, etc.)

Nice!Thanks alot!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Cool find! And also the video posted is amazing. Best thing I have seen for a while.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

That's an interesting video. What do you suppose the little light source is that is flying all around? A joy riding alien?

As far as the OP's picture. It is clearly not Venus so one can only conclude it is an Unidentified Flying Object, or UFO if you prefer.

When I caught it in the sky, I was just walking out of Fry's electronics. At first I thought it was a balloon only it was moving at a very steady pace...faster then a balloon I thought. With the naked eye I couldn't see the the part spinning around it. It was only after I reviewed the footage that I saw it. It was up really high and that is why you see the footage stabilized...I was having a hard time tracking it. Also, there is a point where some fuzz on the lens obstructed the Auto focus and I had to work around that. Again looking at the footage playing back, I thought it was probably just a weather balloon with it's cargo blowing around, that is until, it began swinging parallel to it and then up and over, sometimes hanging there as is seen in the video.

As to what it is? A semen who wiggled his way in to the eggs upper shell. While this is funny and I admit it is funny, I'm actually dead serious. My model of life holds the same pattern through it all and as Incubus says, "Every piece contains a map of....it all...it all." Gives a whole new insight into "foo" fighters.

Came, no pun intended, strait from the "Milky way"...I believe micro to macro, the answers are all the same. I believe the stars are literally the same thing that you can fit billions of on the head of a pin and the same things that are "cast" into the earth (woman). The answer is on Orion's Belt. He set his bow in the heavens to remind us, we just haven't remembered yet...been to confused about the ArK of his bow.

Here are some twins I captured in Feb 2008 as the sun was rising. Yes people will say Jupiter and Venus, but these were IN the sky.

Peace

[edit on 12-5-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

[edit on 12-5-2009 by letthereaderunderstand]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join