It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Revoultion Possible, Not So Difficult

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

ARMED REVOLUTION POSSIBLE AND NOT SO DIFFICULT
By Bill Bridgewater

The only "newsies" that I have ever met that I didn't believe wasted oxygen by breathing were Dickey Chappell and Bernie Fall, both of whom were killed in Viet Nam because they believed that you couldn't report battles in the field from a bar in Saigon.

It is not easy to admit that a newsie stopped me cold the other day in the middle of one of their silly interviews. He had asked me to enumerate the reasons that I believed to be valid to support the private ownership of firearms.

We did not disagree over personal protection; he even admitted that hunting is legal in every state. But, when I stated that I believed that the founding fathers intended that we be armed against the possibility of our own central government overstepping its bounds, he quite bluntly asked me if I thought that an armed American citizenry had a snowball's chance in hell in an uprising against our own federal government.
www.lizmichael.com...

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT copy and paste entire web pages. Quote 3 paragraphs and link.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Byrd]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

. . .

* The sheer numbers of firearms of all kinds in the hands of the American public would have made the American commanders in Viet Nam quake in their boots. We're not talking junk equipment here, either. The average deer hunter with a .270 or .308 could give a platoon of regular troops more grief than they want. There was a special on the tube recently about military armaments on sale in the black market (including Stingers).

Link

MOD EDIT: Please don't cut and paste full websites. Paste a few paragraphs, link, and discuss.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Byrd]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Good article, It seems more and more every day war is on the minds of Americans. If I was in the federal goverment I would be really scared.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
VERY good read! Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What the article says is that a war like Viet Nam, a guerilla force whipped up on the most powerful nation in the world, they won by attrition. America won all the battles, but lost the war, and that is just how it would be IF...the ones whom we are fighting can field an army that will actually kill us, which I doubt could be done with National Guards, Army, or Marines, and the SOG Teams, these men and women are Americans, and would stand with Americans, as would a great deal of the police force, both State and local. Who would be left? Blackwater would, and perhaps other groups like them. The States would have control of the State arsenals, and most origanized Militia would obey the State they are operating in. We all need to stand behind our State Governors as out leaders, if they are true, if they are not, take them out of the office.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You are right about that... That is where I think UN forces may come into play.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by autowrench

You are right about that... That is where I think UN forces may come into play.

Your right about that but I'm sure after we scare the crap out of them they will run back into Canada or the sea. Heck anyone in the U.S. dumb enough to ware a UN badge would be a sitting duck.

+3 more 
posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Is it any wonder that this subject of armed revolution keeps resurfacing more than ever?

To you, Mr. and Mrs. Guilty:

American's right to redress of grievances means nothing if government turns a blind eye because of a corrupt justice department acting in collusion with the mafia, organized crime, the FBI, the CIA, and strategically placed puppets around the world to back them up. Your are all puppets of the Vatican in Rome anyway, and this little secret ain't so secret anymore.

You have exceeded your allowable quota of wrongdoing, by a factor of 1000+.

Every single day, another hoard of extremely angry Americans are emerging to voice their dissent. You are not listening. Dissent is slowly turning into outright anger, and further, a willingness to act on it. Your overlooking and laugh off of this will be your demise.

You think that you are protected? Do you not realize that many police officers and military are also sick of your Godlike attempts to rule with an iron fist and subvert the constitution? Well, let me share the bad news: YOU ARE NOT GOD. God has mercy- while you have given way to your own greed. You let your own minions suffer with nothing after you've used up their life force and servitude. And you will pay, one by one until every last one of you is no longer a consequence.

The rantings of a lunatic? Or the united voice of an enslaved population that has already been there done that? You continue to act as if the American people are powerless. But you eat because of the people! And you live because of their willingness to forgive and overlook your stubbornness. At least, you used to. But no more. You blew it.

A cornered animal has only one way out when all other exits are sealed. Attack.

[edit on Tue May 12th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

God, we're so thoroughly screwed if you have people agreeing with this man. I doubt any of you have thought about the logisitics behind an armed revolution in America. Take your beerhats off for a few hours and run it through your head a few times and see if you think it's even slightly feasible in the process of making your life better.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by xxpigxx

God, we're so thoroughly screwed if you have people agreeing with this man. I doubt any of you have thought about the logisitics behind an armed revolution in America. Take your beerhats off for a few hours and run it through your head a few times and see if you think it's even slightly feasible in the process of making your life better.

Did you bother to read the article at all?

Care to refute any of it?

All your answers are there.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I read it in it's entirety.

Guerilla warfare and, vwalla, huh?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Excellent article (flagged and stared), however I beg your forbearance of a few comments. First, it was the loss of public support that doomed our effort in Nam; Giap told Nixon, years after the war, that if he had continued the Christmas bombing another week, he would have been forced to surrender. This loss of public support for the war, by reason of the American presses anti-war coverage, defeated our troops on the ground. The very reason a Revolution now would be not be as hard as all seem to think it will be in that within a few weeks of its starting the vast majority of public opinion will be on our side as NO ONE trust the press now, and once knowledge of what is really going on becomes wide spread TPTB are doomed.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hmmm... today they have thermal imaging, UAVs, robots... cameras everywhere, high altitude blimps, microwave guns and the biggest enemy of a rebellion... the Obama lovers. It wouldn't be a revolution, it would be a civil war.

IMO in the end we would probably win but the death rate of the resistance would be freaking high. But it would be crazy... Just imagine in each big city in america, put a team of 10 special ops and they can turn the whole city to panic.

And if the people really rebels, the government won't just stand there, they will release a virus or do some kind of false-flag terrorist attack and blame it on the resistance... let's say they blow up New York and kill 500,000 citizens and blame it on the militias... IMO a lot of troops will believe it and they'll even ask for NATO troops and mercenaries and yes they will fight the white terrorists as they brand us in Homeland Security documents.

But as times passes, the people will wake up and fight for the resistance side. If the government wants to win this future war, they'll have to win it fast or else they'll lose.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The article is apples and America is Oranges. No relevance whatsoever. Treason is punishable by death. To call yourselves a ressistance is a joke. You have not been invaded. Your archaic notions of nationalism will be crushed by patriots. You don't have to love it or leave it, just die in your pool of self-pity.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

In fact, let me just air my own reservations I have about all this "revolution" talk.

Armed revolution is and can be entirely possible in the United States of America. We have more privately held guns (including my own) than we do people in this country. The means is not that difficult and doesn't have to be readily explained, as shooting a gun at "something" has turned out to be relatively easy from my experience.

My biggest concern would be the mayhem that would ensue if this melting pot of ideologies decided to launch some sort of attack. Not only would it be entirely unfair to most people involved in the "cross fire," but to everyone in this country. This "revolution or "uprising" or whatever the internet warriors want to call it would be a calamity. Let me give you some main points that differentiate this from our previous revolution.

- No/Ambiguous Enemy

Who are you shooting at? The "Gubmint?" Who's the government? The "shock troops?" You mean our family, friends, and spouses? Any particular branch of the government or military?

You couldn't possibly answer the question, because not even the man who wrote this article on the "ease" of this whole ordeal has his enemy. Most people out of ignorance declare themselves "Republican" or "Democrat," though really lying somewhere in the middle. Do those people kill eachother?

- Ideology

Who's going to "take lead" when this "movement" takes over? Do we restore the constitution and our current process of law and government? How would you ensure that those offices will be upheld as the one's that came before them turned out disasterous for the people of this republic. Do you give the huge Marxist/Communist movements their say? The Anarchists? The collective ignorance of the "right wing?" The ever confused "left?" Do we all get equal representation?

I don't know if you're a fan of history, but if you can understand the chaos that came after the Russian Revolution, you must know that "restoration" can be more dangerous than "renovation." They say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions." But, further more, I would add "The road to hell is paved without thorough introspection of your good intentions."

- Time/Duration of Conflict

How long before you and yours restore our union? If we can take any cues from the civil conflicts in Sri Lanka or even the never-ending tit for fat in Chechnya, will this go on forever? When is either side content with their compromise? How many innocent people have to die before y'all figure it out?

Seeing as how there's no enemy, there's no "sides" to this one, and there is no concrete distinctions between the people fighting, when would you hope to arrive at an "end point?"

- Casualties

Speaking of the death toll. How many people who you would consider "enemy combatants" or even "collaboraters" are just regular innocent men and women that have no idea what side to take? The news would call an armed uprising "domestic terrorism." People living in the suburbs would believe you and yours to the scrutiny that is passed from the government controlled media. Could you kill somebody that "didn't know." Would they be in the wrong for not adhering to your movements "principles." That sounds a lot like the "fascism" that this movement is fighting, does it not?

- Perspectives

Okay, so you're out for yours. You're convinced the government is so bad, it's course irreversable, that it has to be "overthrown!" There is no other way to end the greed, corruption, and oppression. That's you. What about the tens of millions who are content with what they have? What about the tens of millions who agree and are relatively okay with the (awful) form democratic representation they currently have. Hell, what about the tens of millions of people (who I would group myself under) who believe that with good will, unwaivering integrity, and collective bearing that things can be reversed. Are you or the man who wrote the article going to decide what is right and just?

I once remember a man who called himself "the decider," and I didn't agree with how that whole thing panned out.

- Coercion

You're afraid of your rights being taken away. You're afraid of words on a bill that haven't been passed. YOU ARE AFRAID of things that go against your will that cannot and probably will not be immediately vetoed, either by the people or the politicians. Instead of doing your best to make a dignified stance and restoring the integrity of our political body, you subscribe to an armed resistance that's going to be the silver bullet to restore all the things you're so worked up about. You think the majority of people are going to be okay with thousands of armed men encroaching on their homes with their families inside? Even if your intentions are pure, could you imagine how afraid they would be of the unkonw? How threatened people would be? There's no smiley face pamphlet you could give them to make them swallow the visual of rugged armed men running through their neighborhoods as they're watching the news about a "domestic insurgency." How do you think that would turn out for your movement?

Could you then rely on peaceful means to quail the dissent towards you? Could you afford to try? Which side is "better?"

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Look at the kill death ratio in Vietnam
www.rjsmith.com...
Now armed revolution maybe possible and maybe those who are the backbone and drawing pool fo r the greatest military in the world can in fact defeat it.
But give the American military the respect it deserves. 58k vs 1.1 million deaths. Sorry but it might be a worthwhile argument to say. The Americans never lost the Vietnam war.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

My bad. I had found that a few weeks ago, and thought it applied here. It does bring up some good points, though. Even unmentioned points . . . such as how the media can throw a wrench into things . . .

reply to post by earthman4

You do not read our founding documents much, eh?

reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

The people have been trying for 40+ years

reply to post by Zealott

Do you really think that the government will have the full support of the armed forces when attacking it's own citizens?

[edit on 12/5/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Your opening quote introduces to a lot of the unknowing, things they never, ever, considered.

Thanks for this.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

So start shooting people? I read your dumb quote, I would like for you to read all of mine and give me a real response. I want to discuss this outright.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Very good points you made. This would not be as simple as the guy the op quotes would like to have us believe. Even if, and that's a big 'if", the "insurgents" won, they are so different in their objectives (many ideological groups who would fight if they had the opportunity), that IMHO they would just butcher each other after the coup. Which does'nt say anything good about the ones who win that fight. Because they will have gotten used to the power that comes when you are holding a gun. It would all result in a military dicatatorship. But hey, thats were America is going anyhow, so....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join