It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom is overated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
How can we be free if the gouverment controls everything. We are all relying on a group of idiots especially the US gouverment who knows all the secret stuff thier doing. Well maby not the gouverment but the illuminti. All I can say is Freedom is a joke and nothing will happen if we dont fight for freedom. Just look at everything around you look how messed up this world is. Wars everywhere Starvation violence everywhere. All the wealth goes to greedy nations and continents like europe and Northamerica. We dont give a Sh*it about whats happening arround the world. Where just all brainwashed and led to think that we are all free. If we did give a Sh*it everyone would find a way to help poor countrys and suffering children in africa and around the world. This world is f*cked up beyond help the only way to change it is threw a Global Revoulution or what would be better would be a group of people taking over all the secret organizations and the gouverment. Until that happens this world is all F*cked up and we cant do nothin. "Freedom Before Peace"

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by Chronic7]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Freedom is overrated? How is that possible? Have you ever truely been oppressed? NO. So it's like an addictive drug, once you have a little taste you want more and more. You have to get out and see what life is like elsewhere, otherwise freedom is relative and easily manipulable. What you think is freedom, may be the worst kind of oppression. Look at citizens of North Korea, did you know the propaganda their government spews tells them their country is the most beautiful and prosperous in the world. They have no idea otherwise. They think they live in a varitable paradise thanks to their government.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I dont trust anyone who uses wildcards to get past profanity filters.

I dont trust you.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
I dont trust anyone who uses wildcards to get past profanity filters.

I dont trust you.

Where does the issue of trust come into play? I personally feel that this thread offers insight into how relative freedom actually is. How do we really know what it is if a collaboration of governments wish to throw propaganda at us telling us how free we actually are? The only true freedom is absolute freedom within bounds set up by the community. So long as you are not hurting anyone else, freedom should not be limited.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
We discussed this at length in my government class recently... and it came to be that the general consensus of the class agreed that 'freedom' itself like 'equality' is a state of mind. It depend son how you see yourself.. You�re free to beat the crap out of somebody... just like you're free not to. The only restraint lies in the consequences imposed by the folks in charge.

I don't think the point was trust, shidge, I thought it was the message of his opinion ^_-

top topics

join