It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North America in 2050 - your predictions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Mine are:

There will be no North American Union, but the US will annex Mexico, revalue the dollar, and the Canadian border will no longer be patrolled.

The US federal government will be mostly symbolic and the states will basically do the ruling. Some states will even form unions that are basically countries in their own right.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Interesting thought promoting thread.

Lets think in 41 years.

Ill be pretty old. Maybe dead, time will tell.

I'd say we'd have

1: Cars that drove without human touch
2: Artificial Intellegence with rich having their personal slave robots
3: NAU, Russia, Pakistan. China, Iran form a union of themselves, against America, Britain, Europe.

By 2100 I predict that there will be no life on earth existing at all, or we wil have great technology under 1 dictatorial ruler, who will be of pure heart. (King James talk
)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

One thing is sure: you don't want to mess with Native American governments. They might stay alive - some of them that did appropriate rituals with chambers and Internet - after the fallout of the 2036 catastrophe caused by asteroid Apophis which wipes out about two thirds of the planet.

Oh, did I mention that most of humanity will probably live in the tunnels and caves deserted by the former private property governments (no one gives a hoot about money or property after the crash), and only the old and the crazy ready to die are on the surface for a number of years to come? There is something in the quality of the atmosphere... already now you can feel it.

Sidereal and Indian astrology would be a natural skill for anyone. People start to grow larger eyes because they spend more time in the darkness. Over the years this is developing in the direction of the Greys - who could actually be us from the future...

No one uses cars. Levitation is practiced by those that are taught by the aliens that helped us through the 2036 crash. Roads are abandoned but people use anything underground for community shelters... and they have good music.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well according to most people we'll all be 4D

Which would be ace,

But thinking without super catastrophies and super natural stuff.

I'd like to think we'll of been to another Planet, maybe Mars, and would of set up some star ships - as in bases just outside the atmosphere.

We could have flying - or atleast hovering cars - but not for personal use.

There's alot of possibilities, but i guess only time will tell.

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
4D would be cool, but I don't see how we could live like a normal society after. People will be panicing, governments won't know what to do and nothing will really matter anymore because essentialy we'd be in a new world.

By 2050 the internet will be governed by a single party or not exist at all. We will have found how to prevent a lot of major medical issues before they happen, too, like tumors and mental illnesses, through technology breakthroughs beginning within 3 years.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I predict that there will be no NWO takeover, NAU, police state, or mass round up of civilians for death camps.

The economy will be marginally better than it's current state.

A major catastrophe, whether a natural disaster or widespread disease, will wipe out part of the world's population but not enough to prevent over-population or crowding.

City dwellers will grow tired of smog and traffic and move to more rural areas, creating smog and traffic jams there. Upon becoming fed up with being in a traffic jam next to a pig farm, they will move back to the cities.

Several wars will be waged.

People who have predicted the end of the world to be sometime in the next 5 years, will admit they have misjudged the timeline and the end of the world is actually in 2051. It was the switch in calendars that threw them off.

We will have a manned mission to Mars, and another to the moon. (Or would it be the first?
)

We will have our first female president before 2050, but she will be either an extreme liberal or an extreme conservative and will not be re-elected for a second term.

Life-long members of Congress will commission scientists to discover the secret of immortality and will live forever. The people, while fed up with the decisions Congress makes, will fail to realize that the people they are electing are the cause and will continue to elect the same people over and over and over again while expecting a different result.

Technology will go through another explosion, with every day tasks becoming increasingly automated to the point where few people leave the house for work. Instead they will use video conferencing. The resulting aftermath will be hundreds of people falling victim to death by powerpoint.

On the conspiracy front, no progress will be made on disclosure of any alien existence or contact, though many profits, I mean prophets, will come forward with channeled messages from beyond proclaiming the return of the reptilian greys. Their failure to appear will be contributed to the non-believers sending out negative energy.

Internet claims will still be rampant of the existence of death camps and evil NWO plans for world dominance. The failure of any plan to be implemented and the failure of death camp roundups to begin will be dismissed since it just isn't time for them to start yet.

(This post should be read with a sense of humor as it is meant to be taken, especially the last three predictions.
)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I predict NONE of us will be around then to tell the tale.
a catastrophic event is going to wipe us all out on 1.10.2012.
It will be a supervolcano.
Don't ask me how I know---I just do somehow.
So enjoy the "now"---- get partyin hard boys and girls.
Oh and in case I am wrong, pleeaase don't resurrect this thread on 2.10.2012, or I'll have to run away

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

If you could just give a hint to were the location of this supervolcano is, I feel distant to all of them, except yellowstone.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's kinda funny that when I think about the future and *gasp* being dead, I feel like i'm going to miss out on all the great leaps in science from space exploration to new consumer tech like watching movies in your head

I have always felt that I was born in the wrong time or maybe this is the end of my reincarnation cycle here on earth but I want to see what happens to the human race not only in 2050 but also 3050 and beyond.

Or maybe after watching Star Trek TNG and having day dreams about my own Holodeck has just made me selfish

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I know this is offtopic but what happened to the thing on the right side of the page?:shk:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

The supervolcano was always going to be Yellowstone.
I had vibes on this over 5 years ago.

top topics

join