It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yukon Packs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I've been watching the Discovery channels "Out Of The Wilderness" show and without getting into the comedy of the goofy things the participants are doing to themselves, I am certainly intrigued by the Yukon packs they are carrying.
After a long search of the 'net, I came up with 192 hits and almost all of them describe something or other from a store.
Not what I'm interested in. I have tarps, (Fla. hurricane replacement roofing), but would like to know what size they are using, type of rope, tie off methods, knots, etc.
Any riggers or other knowledgable backpackers, outdoorsmen care to lend a hand?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I am not believing that nobody knows how to makea "Yukon pack"

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm familiar with backpacks for hiking and travel- my main pack is about 5000 cubic inches which suffices for me about 5-7 days camping provided I pack light- I'm somewhat anal about ergonomical stuff. In civilization I've used for the whole summer.

As for yukon packs- I don't really know. I've made my own bike panniers and am familiar with basic canvas portage bags for paddling and I'd recommend simply drawing up some designs of your own, using it, and seeing where you can make improvements. Having DIYed it will give you a good understanding of its functionality.

join