It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed cut banks' deficits after negotiations: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Fed cut banks' deficits after negotiations: report

www.reuters.com

The Federal Reserve reduced the size of capital deficits facing several banks before releasing the results of "stress tests" on the financial institutions, according to a story in the Wall Street Journal on Saturday.

The changes came after days of negotiations with the banks, the story said. The Federal Reserve used a different method than analysts and investors had expected to calculate the required capital levels.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
online.wsj.com

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The White House wants to present a positive picture of the economy, especially banks. They want the market to go up and people to believe things are improving even though the original problem, the toxic assets in these banks, have not been dealt with.

This story suggests that the picture painted by the results of the stress tests is contrived, a fiction. It would not hold up if the normal tests were applied.

This government has no right to fake results to reassure the American public. We have a right to know what is really going on with the banks.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Okay. I get it. You don't match our formula. So we will change our formula and then you can match our formula. I am of the opinion that those that can fail, fail. Don't encourage them to remain afloat with taxpayers money,, nor hinder them from failure.

I had a small business. It did affect others than me. but should the government have propped me up? No. I did a bad job. Let my business die and those that it affected, along with me, learn a lesson.

I promised no pie in the sky for the employees. Did I feel bad? Hell, yeah.

I have worked for other companies that failed. It's life.It happens.

The last company I worked for failed. The owners failed to listen to my advise. Interestingly, they hired me for my advice and ignored my advice. lol.

I learned from my own experience, and was hired for my experience. Hah.

You can hire someone who failed. And then if you ignore this person's advice, then it is on you.

Trust me. I have been unsecessful, and know how to avoid it all.

When I talk to a businessman and he tells me he learned in college that he should lose money the first year of business because this means a succesful company because he doesn't have to pay taxes, because he can. lol. It makes me laugh. Silly people. Just produce. "Don't try to hide your succes. Just produce the best you can do. Don't play the tax game.

Just produce.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I spelled some words incoreclyh Aha, lhey the last few words.\ .I am not an idilot. Heh.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It seems like this takes things beyond propping them up. The bailouts prop them up, keep them going when they should be allowed to fail. But this is outright deception. It's insulting to all of us to pretend to do tests but fake the results, and then be all happy because they passed. Though I don't really understand what they are hoping to accomplish. Do they really believe that the problems are all "emotional"? If they get everybody into a hopeful mood, everything will be okay? it's crazy.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
More fraud than that and you're at Greenspan level of fraud...

Disgusting. Burn the whole thing down. Geithner, GO TO JAIL, DO NOT COLLECT 200$.

new topics

top topics

join