It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'Losing To China On Iran S-300 Quest'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Russia 'Losing To China On Iran S-300 Quest'

www.presstv.ir

In its quest for an advanced air defense system, Iran has reportedly shifted its hopes from Russia to China which owns a replica of the controversial Russian S-300.

As Iran's quest for the advanced Russian-made S-300 air defense system is believed to have hit rock bottom, a report by RIA Novosti said Tehran is eying a Chinese-made HQ-9 surface-to-air missile under the name FD-2000 -- recently put on the export market.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wow! - Double Headed Eagle is doing it again...

Smart move from Russia/China - Medvedev/Putin... SCO meetings has taken place in Moscow all week, and Chinas ministers has been in Moscow over a week now - and this is coming out...

We really can put the word "losing" to its context

Iran is follower state in SCO tables - and Russia and China has no true difference in their global stance. I have follow this S-300 talk fot two years now, but this is very good "Win-Win" deal for all sides...

Russia cant be judged - China will arrange the delivery - USA is speechless... Israel is in its knees - and Iran will get security.

I like this move - Iran should have their defence weapons against aggressors!
Thumps up, Putin!

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-5-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Why on Earth would you support this move?

Why would you support terrorists like Iran?

This is a perversion of the leftist anti-war view. I am against all war. I am somewhat of a pacifist myself in regards to war.

The friend of the enemy is not my friend. It's the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I can't believe you would want more weapons to be in the world. Sheesh.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

One thing what absolutely gives higjly needed balance to Middle East is good, and tight aerial defence umbrella to Iran - and that has been my opinion for years.

Without those weapons, sovereignity of Iran is threaten all the time - and like any other nations - they have all the right to sleep their nights in peace.

We have seen what happen if country lacks air defence in Syria and Lebanon... Aggressors, USA and Israel has atacked those countries recently with aerial bombardments.

I understand your point - but as long as situation in Middle East is unbalanced - and US is arming Israel - Persia needs defence to religious threats. Russia and China is doing only thing they should - try to balance the situation - and do that fast with high numbers.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It's not about having more weapons in the world. It's about a certain country gaining independance from Military bullying and economic sanctions.

The above poster is right, Iran is always being threatened by multiple countries, all they are trying to do is get their foot in the door. If they don't need worry about other countries going ballistic, they can then focus on creating a country that will benefit the world at large and contribute.

We all know middle-eastern countries have been kept oppressed for decades because of the oil trade and other religious causes.

I entirely agree with you that more weapons in general, more in fighting, more arm flailing by Israel and the US is a bad thing, and probably won't help things right now. However a more stable societal and international structure in the Middle East is needed in order for peace to finally come.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I understand that...

But really what makes you think that Iran, China, or Russia aren't part of the globalists game?

If anything Russia works for the globalists... trying to stimulate more conflict in the region. That should be obvious to you by now. They're just trying to start another war and this is just one more step towards that.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think Iran should be able to defend itself. To often Ive seen the media say they said something they didnt. Its quite obvious theyve been slandered. Israel is the war monger not Iran.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Tjanks from asking,

Arm of coat in Russia is made from two headed eagle... Yes - lots of rumors, and facts has been shown to me too that Putin is just part of globalist agenda - that Russia is.

But are they really part of the same conspiracy, or are they ruling their own with Chinese? Fact is this: If there would be only one global conspiracy, we would live under NWO already - but we are not.

I have counted, that there are at least four global conspiracy structures fighting from their interest in big picture... Zionist Illuminati is just one of those players.

Like we say in neighboring Finland: "Russia can be your best friend, or worst enemy - that is them to decide, not yours." Here we speak how Russian diplomacy is always, and smartly done: Two blade in every sword - and two headed eagle has spoken in Iran question too.

But is it just part of the game?

I cant know the answer, and I think none of us can: I just have my hope - and trust to those smart guys in Kreml and Bejing... They want world to be multipolar - and so do I.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Why on Earth would you support this move?

Why would you support terrorists like Iran?

I can't believe you would want more weapons to be in the world. Sheesh.

1, Because they have every right to defend them-selves against an attack from any other nation/country(most likely Israel)

2, Where/why do you use the term terrorists? Iranians aren't suicide bombers or what you just said "terrorists", they could be calling the Americans terrorists because they don't agree with their agenda, but that doesn't seem right since the generalisation of "terrorist" is someone with a towel raped around his head and bombs strapped to him.

3, If you want to get technical here, they're not actually "weapons" they're more of anti-weapon weapons(get the picture...)

I think it's time you re-think before posting garbage, good on Iran for protecting themselves!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Iran to procure Chinese defense system

For years Iran has been trying to purchase the S-300 anti-aircraft missile, which is considered to one of the most advanced systems available on the market and would dramatically increase Iran's air defense capabilities against any attacks on its nuclear installations.

The S-300 surface-to-air missile system, which can track targets and fire at aircraft 75 miles away, features high jamming immunity making it harder to incapacitate the system electronically, and is able to engage up to 100 targets simultaneously.

Teheran will now turn to China for the HongQi-9/FD-2000 system which reportedly combines elements "borrowed" from the Russian S-300 and the American MIM-104 Patriot system, according to the Iranian news agency.

www.jpost.com...

- Four long years I have also follow every turn in this deal - done, and then not done, maybe done ---

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Is the defense system in question capable of deterring an attack ? Is it capable of defending protected areas ?

Are there any international laws prohibiting the sale of a defensive weapon ? Every country does have the right to defends ones sovereignty does it not ?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Some of Russia's better equipment has been circumvented by the Israelis for decades.

The S-300 system can be circumvented by Israel as well.

If that's what Iran is relying on, well, like an entire scroll of others, they're going to be severely disappointed.

The S-300 system can be circumvented two, and possibly three different ways.

The truth is, no weapon system is proven, until it's proven.

And likely, the Israelis know just about as much about the S-300 system as do the Soviets.

new topics

top topics

join