It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama wants Fed to be finance supercop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Obama wants Fed to be finance supercop

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – The White House told industry officials on Friday that it is leaning toward recommending that the Federal Reserve become the supercop for "too big to fail" companies capable of causing another financial meltdown.

According to officials who attended a private one-hour meeting between President Barack Obama's economic advisers and representatives from about a dozen banks, hedge funds and other financial groups, the administration made it clear it was not inclined to divide the job among various regulators as has been suggested by industry and some federal regulators.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/9/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
"The idea of having a council of regulators was pretty much vetoed," said one participant.

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, who briefly attended the meeting but did not identify the Fed specifically as his top choice, told the group that one organization needs to be held responsible for monitoring systemwide risk. He said such a regulator should be given better visibility into all institutions that pose a risk to the financial system, regardless of what business they are in.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/9/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Since the Federal Reserve is a private company, is Obama suggesting that it be nationalized to fulfill this role of "supercop" ?

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Oh my god...They're going to hand over the private finance sector straight over to the Federal Reserve...This has to be stopped. This cannot be allowed to happen. To have a secret organization like the Federal Reserve, whose activities have never been audited, run a financial sector that has remained unsupervised for 4 decades cannot lead anywhere but total disaster.

I don't like this. I don't like this at all.

It's the day after Legatus.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I think this video just about sums up the current state of affairs and presents a case for NOT having the Federal Reserve as the financial sector regulator.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Talk about clueless.... she'll go far!

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
And the Bilderberg agenda GOES forward! How big a surprise is this? It's not. We knew whoever was going to be president would have pushed that... it was some of the information leaked in June 08... Giving all powers to the FED after a generated crisis... guess what happened? Exactly that.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

in several threads leading up to the G-20 meeting where all this began,
I reported that the EU and other influential others were proposing a
Global Supervisory Group

the USAs 'Powers' are in a battle, where in the past the USA agenda would have a rubber-stamped approval.
but in any event, there will be a 'supervisory' agency or group of diverse
regulators to dictate just 'Whom' will be saved and Who will be left to bankruptcy/acquisition/the financial trash heap.

~ It all ammounts to Central Planning, none the less ~

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What's the point of having a cop if there's no penalty for the criminals? In fact they get rewarded with huge amounts of bailout money for being nothing but white collar thugs.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don't take Obama or congress serious if they don't alter the FED's status or autonomy, this seems to make it only worse..But people seem to swallow everything after the engineered financial collapse, another victory for the Chicago [Friedman] school..

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
What's the point of having a cop if there's no penalty for the criminals?

There's really nothing else to be said after this

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I think this video just about sums up the current state of affairs and presents a case for NOT having the Federal Reserve as the financial sector regulator.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Talk about clueless.... she'll go far!

She is not clueless, as you can clearly see she has a number of people behind her coaching.. what this boils down to folks is that the Federal Reserve is nothing more than a white collar criminal syndicate, answerable to NO ONE!!! until America wakes up and kicks these scumbags off the continent we will never be anything more than slaves. One other thing why must the Federal government pay interest on the money it borrows from the fed?? when the Fed itself does not pay 1 red cent of taxes on the money it makes as official "Leach of America" This in itself should betray the true criminality of that organisation.

Sailor

[edit on 9-5-2009 by Sailor1]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
the thread title disappointed me greatly....i thought obama was pushing for a real life robocop or sometihng...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This begs the question , what will the Fed become ?

If it is in fact given more powers just where will it end ?

Could we see the Fed join other national banks of the world to create a world bank of sorts , incorporating the I.M.F and the current world bank ?

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

I just had a thought, since Mr Paul is having a hard time getting the Federal Reserve audited, why not nationalize and create an oversight committee to evaluate and audit all of its work??? Including but not limited to punishing them for when they screw up and cant give straight answers to congress.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

top topics

join