It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Lung Assn. Says Vog Worst In Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

HONOLULU -- The vog, volcanic smog, covering the islands is the worst it has been in years, the American Lung Association officials said.

A combination of light winds out of the south and the eruptions at Kilauea Volcano created the situation, officials said.

While the poor air quality is affecting some more than others, this is not stopping people from enjoying the outdoors.

www.kitv.com...

All of this volcanic activity is creating even more problems with volcanic smog covering islands such as Honolulu, and there are several other volcanoes which have erupted, or are about the erupt which will cause the same situation and worse in other countries.

Any members from Honolulu?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
No, but I've visited, very beautiful. Although honestly I couldn't enjoy myself since I kept thinking of the various ways I was going to die there, tsunami's, volcano's, hurricanes, etc.
Most people I have met, that do live there, really have a sort of peace about the whole thing, they know that their existance is at the mercy of the surrounding forces, and they're cool with it. Not for me, personally I stay nearly in the middle of the country I think it's slightly safer.

new topics

join