It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts Giving Taxpayer Funded Cars To Welfare Recipients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Wow! I grew up in Taxachu$ett$, and it's always been a welfare recipient's haven. But this is ridiculous! Glad I got out of there decades ago!

Free cars for poor fuel road rage

Gov. Deval Patrick’s free wheels for welfare recipients program is revving up despite the stalled economy, as the keys to donated cars loaded with state-funded insurance, repairs and even AAA membership are handed out to get them to work.

But the program - fueled by a funding boost despite the state’s fiscal crash - allows those who end up back on welfare to keep the cars anyway.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Can anyone give me a good reason any of us should even work? We can get a free house, free food, free healthcare, extra spending cash, and a free car for sitting home and watching Jerry Springer all day. At the end of the year we wont even have to file those pesky tax forms. Where do I sign up?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
Can anyone give me a good reason any of us should even work? We can get a free house, free food, free healthcare, extra spending cash, and a free car for sitting home and watching Jerry Springer all day. At the end of the year we wont even have to file those pesky tax forms. Where do I sign up?

Only if you're black or hispamic, I am white I tried to get the help when I was laid off, and I was DENIED!!!! And I have three children, always worked and paid taxes and I served in the military!!!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

What if I put on blackface like in the old day movies. You think that would work? I can curl my lips pretty good.
Or maybe I could tear up my citizenship records and tell then I am illegal. Maybe that would help.

Ok before I get flamed,, its a joke people.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Actually subsidised vehicles to help the unemployed secure work is a good idea.
Although according to the article it says that even if people become unemployed they get to keep it.
So I assume this is for working people who may have lost their cars due to the financial meltdown.

I guess it would be impossible to pay your mortgage if you can't get to work, so that's the only reason I can think of why they are giving away free cars.
And these days, it's hard to find work without a vehicle.
I know where I live, 90% of advertised jobs stipulate that you have your own transport.

So I guess there must be method to the madness.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by Flighty]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

What if I put on blackface like in the old day movies. You think that would work? I can curl my lips pretty good.
Or maybe I could tear up my citizenship records and tell then I am illegal. Maybe that would help.

Ok before I get flamed,, its a joke people.

Ir's the truth, why would you get flamed? I am not kidding, if you're wwhite and a legal citizen in this country, you better work.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Well, I suppose, somebody around here has to work to pay for everybody else. I guess they decided us white devils have had it too good for too long. By the way I can fake tap dance and I like Mexican food and I always wanted to be black so I could grow an afro and dance. Does any of that count.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Well, I suppose, somebody around here has to work to pay for everybody else. I guess the decided us white devils have had it too good for too long.

Apparently so, and that's why I will work at a job that will either one
ay me Under the table or two a Job where I will get good tips to supplement the money Uncle Sam takes to give these losers my hard earned cash...and yes I will claim I barely made any tips...Not that I am greedy, but if I can't get the help when I need it why should I give it to anybody else???? I have my children to keep in a house and to keep fed, I can't feed the world...Not on the money we bring into this house hold!!!! And as for the poster who said that giving out the cars will help them to work/keep a job. Don't fool yourself, these people do not want to work and if they do get a job, they would be fired for not showing up calling out and just being all around lazy at the job. I have worked with these people, I know first hand!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I've considered changing my name to Leroy Washington Hernandez. Perhaps that would help.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The problem is, those who would use it the way it is intended are the ones who get denied. All they have to do is fill out one application a week to collect their checks. JUST ONE.

My wife and I recently moved due to her PCSing. I had to quit my job and am now in the process of finding another. I have filled out 5 applications a day for the past 2 weeks and have called each place I filled an application once a day to hound them for an interview.

I have sent my resumee to every place I am qualified in a 50 mile radius. I have called them once a day for the last 2 weeks.

I have gone to each construction job site around here everyday, talking to the same forman everyday asking them if they are hiring.

I went to the welfare office asking for some help and told them this and I was still denied.

The reason I was denied is because I live on post. They think that we get everything free anyways that we don't need anymore help.

We have gone into our savings to help pay for food and bills and they think we make to much because I am a reservist and I bring in about 150 a month.

The welfare system needs a complete overhaul.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Yeah has anyone ever heard of public transit? Maybe they should give that a go. By the way, good luck Leroy. I wish you the best

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

OH yeah, and since we are all descendant out of Africa, I'm going to check off 'African american' on all forms that have race boxes.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Jd I know how that is. I couldn't even get a grant when I was a reservist because they said the army was going to be paying, but the army reserves only pays a portion of tuition and not for supplies or text books and I was getting the same pay you're getting!!!! They don't need an overhaul at all, they need to completely do away with it then maybe our populaton here will decrease opening more jobs for us and we can put all that money saved from the welfare system into unified healthcare! Just a thought.

top topics

join