It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban urges Pope to stop Christian conversion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

While, I find you connection between Vatican City, London, and Washington DC as Father, Son, Holy Spirit a little hard to digest.... to each their own. I am having a slight problem with what direction you are taking, as in I'm not certain where we are going. So is this some big Vatican conspiracy? No. And nor do I believe that the Taliban is as well versed in international law and treaties as you would like to give them credit. Exactly which treaties might you be refering to?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
sioe.files.wordpress.com...

Peace be upon him

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Really? Are you expressing you personal opinion or mocking? Either way it's irrelevant.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I posted that in a second post below the one in response to yours.

Its the last post on the first page of this thread.

If you are someone searching for the truth, you will find some pretty eye opening revelations taking a little bit of time to actually discover for yourself by following the example I posted in that post.

You really do have to do it yourself though in order to understand that it's not about a theory or specific belief, but actually what's been written down in binding accords between the empowered parties that actually bind quite a few things together over a very long period of time spanning over a thousand years.

While you do that understand you are looking for answers about an argument or at least an aparent argument going on between 3 parties that whole time and a little bit longer.

That argument is the one between Jews, Christians, and Muslims regarding who is correct in the doctrines they put forth on how to worship the same G-d they all share.

This thread is of course about that argument, and I post this information for that reason, because it is tied in in a very relevant way to the question you are asking.

I don't consider the Muslims to be my enemy by the way, but personally I never feel it wise to under estimate any opponent.

I won't take a side in this particular argument. Everyone looses in confrontational situations.

I will say that this argument is being used in a way and for a purpose that is not to the benefit of those involved in it or bound to one of the 3 sides.

That would be the real conspiracy.

Speaking of which, that inscription on the back of your Dollar Bill around the Pyramid is written in Latin...do you know what it says? Do you know why it's written in Latin? If you follow my suggestions from my post on the bottom of the first page, you will really know.

Have fun!

Thanks.

[edit on 13/5/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I will check out the post you refered too, yes I'm well aware of the Latin on my dollar bills and what it means. Personally, its sounding a little Hollywood movie for my tastes, but as they say the best place to hide is out in the open, and for that reason I will follow up with your suggestions and get back to you. Although certainly don't expect to hear from me specifically regarding this tonight.

edit for grammar and to add after reading:

I am familiar with most of your list, but I'll go back through it, I'm sure their on the book shelves somewhere

[edit on 13-5-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
I will check out the post you refered too, yes I'm well aware of the Latin on my dollar bills and what it means. Personally, its sounding a little Hollywood movie for my tastes, but as they say the best place to hide is out in the open, and for that reason I will follow up with your suggestions and get back to you. Although certainly don't expect to hear from me specifically regarding this tonight.

edit for grammar and to add after reading:

I am familiar with most of your list, but I'll go back through it, I'm sure their on the book shelves somewhere

[edit on 13-5-2009 by searching4truth]

No worries friend, do take your time. I really enjoyed looking up titles and this histories attached to them, to look at the first treaties that defined those titles too.

When you take it to the level where you even define why the title person is sometimes used in some cases and natural human beings in other cases to define different responsibilities and privelages by looking up the precise legal definition of those in the contractual sense they are used...you do in fact come to realize a huge deal of masking, acting, and theatre is involved that does set the whole world up as a stage.

One might even say Hollywood itself helps set the stage for it all to work.

I think it's great reading and learning and can open your eyes to a whole different way of looking at things from that actual top on down instead of stuck somewhere in the middle like we all are and forever seem to be!

I hope you find the time and enjoy researching it, I would very much enjoy hearing your own conclusions if you care to share them when you do.

Thanks.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with religion per-sé. Religion teaches people to treat others with respect and love and compassion, and gives people a sense of hope in their otherwise miserable lives. It also helps people deal with injustices, because all injustice is sorted out in the afterlife.

The trouble with religion is that it gets corrupted by people. It gets used as an excuse to dominate and control.

In the middle ages the Roman Catholic church was one of the most crushingly oppressive institutions in all of history. Its power was absolute, it controlled every aspect of peoples' lives, and any dissent was met with the harshest punishments (including being burned at the stake for heresy).

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not religion that's corrupt, the problem is that people use it as a source of power and oppression. Power corrupts.

It seems that the Taleban are now trying to put the war in Afghanistan in the context of a religious war - they are trying to portray themselves as the army of Islam once again fighting the evil Christian crusaders. This may be to garner more support from fellow Muslims, or to decrease support for the government forces in Pakistan.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by prjct

Wow. This story is a evidence that "stupid" is not only quantifiable and measurable, but that it can be squared as well!

So. Which of these two is the unstoppable force, and which is the immovable object, and can their god stop / move either one?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by TheWalkingFox]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join