It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban urges Pope to stop Christian conversion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
www.adnkronos.com...

The Taliban on Thursday threatened "harsh reprisals" if Pope Benedict XVI does not immediately intervene to stop Christians proselytising in Afghanistan. In a message posted on their official website, the Taliban made the threat against the pope and Christians for spreading their faith.

The message followed video footage aired on Arabic satellite TV channel Al-Jazeera earlier this week apparently showing Christian soldiers proselytising outside the Afghan capital, Kabul, and handing out copies of the bible in Pashtun.

"We are sending out a message to the most important personality in the Christian world - Pope Benedict XVI," read the message.

"If he does not immediately stop these stupid and irresponsible acts of proselytism by the crusaders, our reprisals and that of the Afghan people will be very harsh.

"Afghans are offended by this," the message said.

WOW!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow, somthing else that pisses off Muslims/Taliban/Afgans.

I'll side with the Taliban on this subject, but I fail to see their threat acctually hapening. So no worries.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This story is very interesting. So, some say religions are good. I say it's the worst poison we've ever had. I have nothing against people who need religion, but to see the manipulation that is taking place (on both sides) is ridiculous.
Take religion out of the equation, and voila, no more conflicts. Simple enough...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by prjct

"Afghans are offended by this," the message said.

***yawn***

Another case of hyper sensitive muslim extremists threatning violence because they are offended. Who cares?

If they want to act like humans, then possibly a discussion can happen. Until then, i don't give a rats butt.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Im offended when someone says "bless you" or "god bless you" when someone else sneezes. I can see why these people are offended.

Religion is the reason why this civilization is doomed. it gives people hope for the after life, but it also gives them hate.

[color=lightblue]--------------------------------------------------------------------------

christians needs to shut up and sit down.
muslims need to shut up and sit down.

they act like 2 bickering 8 year olds on the playground.
they are always going to hate each other.

[color=lightblue]--------------------------------------------------------------------------

religion is the reason for wars, religion and natural resources.

what makes me laugh is the fact that the holiest of holy's for BOTH religions is 100 yards away from each others. hmmmm...i wonder why.......maybe because they both sprout from the same opium enduced camp fire talk 10,000 years ago? .. .. .. hmm maybe.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Something I heard last night.
You have a liberating army coming into Afghanistan to rid the country of extremists.
they encourage democracy and hold elections so as the people can live and be as free as the liberators.
The goverment then passes a law that the liberators don't agre with and tell them to go back and change it.
How is that letting them have freedom to make their own rules?

Would you like a foriegn country to come in and tell you not to follow your belief system anymore and now you must now believe in Xenu?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm curious to know how many of these "bible spreading soldiers" are actually Catholic. Since a simple google search will show that most Evangelicals are against Catholicism, think the Pope is Satan, think that Catholicism in general is a work of Satan, we don't follow Christ, yada yada ya. Just some examples of what I've encountered on other forums. Because most Catholics I know, don't go around trying to convert people, and that "order" did not come from the Pope anyway, nor does the Pope have any say as to what American soldiers do or don't do. If they were serious in their message they would have sent it to the U.S., not to the Vatican.

So I checked with another post that referenced the military.com article and al jazeera footage of the soldiers, they are evangelical, not Catholic and therefore they don't care what the Pope says, so complaining to him will do no good. Perhaps the Taliban needs to take Christianity 101, I'm at least for basic correspondance.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Well I don't know why the Telibums are getting so mad most of them are not even Afghanistani. So what does it matter to them what goes on in Afghanistan.

Are they so scared that the Afganistanis faith in Islam is so weak that these people will convert? And if they do who cares so what?

[edit on 7-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Something I heard last night.
You have a liberating army coming into Afghanistan to rid the country of extremists.
they encourage democracy and hold elections so as the people can live and be as free as the liberators.
The goverment then passes a law that the liberators don't agre with and tell them to go back and change it.
How is that letting them have freedom to make their own rules?

Would you like a foriegn country to come in and tell you not to follow your belief system anymore and now you must now believe in Xenu?

That is not what my comment refers to. But since you ask, I will answer.

If people come into my country and do as you say, i would be upset. I might even possibly take up arms.

However, i WOULD NOT take up arms against a religious leader that was not even associated with the occupying force. Did i miss something? Did the Vatican send in forces? Or is Italy the occupying force?

The non-sequitor scenario you posted above doesn't seem to help clarify the position of the murderous and unGodly extremists who defile the name of their God with threats of violence and murder. Their behavior is an abomination, and this threat in particular is an affront to all that they claim is holy in their faith.

Mohammed surely must be spinning in his grave. If not, then perhaps the faith is berift of value, as it would then only appeal to the more base aspects of human nature (violence, aggression, and oppression).

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think the issue is, many Muslims do not differentiate between various Christian denominations, your either Christian or your not. The Pope, is the best internationally known Christian figure but the Pope is not responsible for ALL Christian denominations, personally I don't think they realize this. But who knows I could be wrong.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

Amen, Brother. Amen.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I think what also should be added is that most non muslims have no idea that there are different variations of Islam just like Christianity.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

True, I know there are Shai and Sunni. I have heard of various other shoots that claim Islamic foundations but for reasons that they contradict the Quran they are "not recognized". Although, I wonder if Shia and Sunni recognize the validity of the other since they like to go at it, but that's getting a ot I guess.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
Im offended when someone says "bless you" or "god bless you" when someone else sneezes. I can see why these people are offended.

Religion is the reason why this civilization is doomed. it gives people hope for the after life, but it also gives them hate.

religion is the reason for wars, religion and natural resources.

what makes me laugh is the fact that the holiest of holy's for BOTH religions is 100 yards away from each others. hmmmm...i wonder why.......maybe because they both sprout from the same opium enduced camp fire talk 10,000 years ago? .. .. .. hmm maybe.

but your beliefs are nothing more than a new style of religion essentially

it still makes the same mental fallacies as the old religions

i believe this happens to all of us because it is in our very nature to by hypocritical

so how can we solve the war between religions by replacing it with new more clever sounding religions? thats my question

no matter what form of ideas we have and debate over, there will ALWAYS be a conflict between different sides, the yin yang, + -
[edit on 9-5-2009 by muzzleflash]

[edit on 9-5-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It would be much easier to enslave the entire population of the world if they could find a way to ban all religions.

Worship the masters, let go your faith, become a true citizen of the world.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I somehow doubt the pope can just wave his hand and magically all the missionaries will just dissapear from Afghanistan. Or can he? Mind control! He wouldn't call them off anyways. Wanna know why Talibananas? Cause He's Da Freakin' Pope.

"A thought just crushed my mind"

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is this not trading one superstition for another? Really are the two that different? After all, if one were to follow the bible teachings properly, then christians should stone adulterers to death.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Is this not trading one superstition for another? Really are the two that different? After all, if one were to follow the bible teachings properly, then christians should stone adulterers to death.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

So I checked with another post that referenced the military.com article and al jazeera footage of the soldiers, they are evangelical, not Catholic and therefore they don't care what the Pope says, so complaining to him will do no good. Perhaps the Taliban needs to take Christianity 101, I'm at least for basic correspondance.

There are three city states in the world that are not beholden too or bound by the laws of the nations these city states dwell in.

Vatican City - (The Father)
London-(The Son)
Washington D.C.-(The Holy Ghost)

If you took Christianity 101...you would understand that Christianity is a Roman export. If you read the Treaties that allowed for the creation of each one of these City/States to be indpentant of the laws of the nations they are in, and what laws actually bind them then you would have a better idea how this message to the Pope would get past along to all the right people in all the right places to make sure that the laws of the Afghan Constitution are no longer broken in this way.

Looks to me like not only to the Taliban read their religious books...

They read all the contracts too.

I am impressed!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

However, i WOULD NOT take up arms against a religious leader that was not even associated with the occupying force. Did i miss something? Did the Vatican send in forces? Or is Italy the occupying force?

Yes friend you missed something. If you would like to find out start by reading the Treaty of Paris ending the Revolutionary War in American.

Read it very carefully and pay very close attention the the Titles used by the people involved first and foremost the English King who has quite a few titles. Note the sequence the Titles come in. Google the meaning of all the Titles used.

Read down a little further and watch the Titles that the three American delegates had and what happens to those titles and then the new Titles they are given.

Google those.

Then read the treaty literally not figuratively its a very important binding legal document not meant to be taken in the figurative sense.

Then go the Treaty of Ghent the Treaty signed ending the War of 1812.
Do not read just the cover but the actual treaty, it's several hundred pages long but what you really want to do is find the page close to the end where the eight delagates from the United States of American one of which was the President, and look at the Titles in Latin that all 8 delegates of the U.S. have. Then google that Title.

Then you will find out what you are missing.

I suggest you do it early in the day it will be a couple days probably until you feel like sleeping when you realize what you did miss!

It's a doozy.

The Taliban spoke more or less to the right guy, though I would have addressed the letter to His Serene Highness Prince Giorgio I of Seborga myself, but I am sure the Pope will relay the message.

[edit on 13/5/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join