It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five futurist visionaries and what they got right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Five futurist visionaries and what they got right

www.newscientist.com

Within 50 years humans will merge with machines and become both superintelligent and immortal, in an event known as the technological singularity. So says the ever-controversial futurist Ray Kurzweil. We pick his brains on his latest initiative, the Singularity University, and on his plan to use advancing technology to bring his father back from the dead in our exclusive interview with him this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think within the next 50 years the technology will be so advanced that we will communicate telepathically. The mind-reading helmets being developed by the US military are a step in that direction.

Progress in genetic engineering will result in us living longer. We may even be able to travel by warping space time, making today's space shuttles look like World War 2 materials.

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think he's saying that soon we will be fully able to transfer our consciouslness to synthetic bodies, immortal, not lacking for food or water, only the word of G-d, or video games, whatever.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
nice thread. i like that kurzwell dude. his ideas remind me of literature i once bought. it was from a publishing company which claimed to be writing atheist literature. so i purchased one book after another until it started sounding too mystical for my tastes. (funny that, atheists being mystical) i learned some incredible concepts from it though. i hope this does not sound off topic. this guy sounds like he is one of the guys behind this literature. his ideas are so extraordinarily close to some of the main themes of these works. it's the current neotech writing that i am writing about. i'm going to search neotech next . i'm sorry i didn't do that first. it's just that this thread reminded me of those books which i haven't looked at in so long. i might make a new thread about it. and i'm happy to answer any questions you or anyone might have about the literature. i'm not part of their club, but i love some of their ideas. the authors names are kept secret and they claim to be the illuminati so i feel it's appropriate to make that parallel. this guy , man. could be a neotech writer.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

Great article, thanks for posting it. It's nice to look at predictions in relation to the evidence.

The Club of Rome stuff was particularly interesting to me, and it sadly seems only more and more relevant. (That think-tank needs a less cabal-sounding name, though.)

top topics

join