It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Secret Majestic 12 - UFO Recovery Manual

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Found this on the internet and felt I should share this here. Not sure if this has been posted before. I did search.

Looks to be a genuine document to me, but could not find out how recent this was, although the date on it states 1954

MJ-12 Ufo / ET recovery Manual

Try right click and Save, this is a pdf

[edit on 6-5-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

All of the MJ-12 documents can be found here: www.majesticdocuments.com...

Please note that their authenticity is a topic of much debate. I have my doubts.

One of the most controversial documents to be uncovered in the anals of UFO research is called the MJ Documents. These documents were left under Jaime Shandera home door (as I recall reading) by an unknown source in 1984. At this Mr. Shandera was a producer in the Los Angeles area and was working with Bill Moore, to undercover the secret about the UFOs. At this time, Bill Moore was working with scientist Stanton Friedman and so the three of these men upon receiving these documents did extensive research. These documents have been re- published in a Richard Hall's book, "Uninvited Quests" as well as "Crash at Corona" by Stanton Friedman and Don Berliner in 1992. Mr. Friedman believes based on other documents they found in the National Archieve that the documents are geninue and other researchers have found some inconsistancies with page number and type face of the 1950's.
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I'm thinking fake, how could this have possibly gotten on the internet?
Every page it says Top secret / Majestic eyes only

[edit on 5/6/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

how could this have possibly gotten on the internet?
Every page it says Top secret / Majestic eyes only

The PDF that I got from the web seems to be a photocopy of some book, which supposedly is the manual

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Some of the evidence found is hard to discredit. I've also been baffled at *why* someone would go through the trouble to do this, if it was not true. If it is a hoax, it is one of the grandest hoaxes ever, imo. Only the highest levels of scrutiny by some of the top critics out there found anything even remotely wrong, and even then it was niggling things.

The book written about this by Friedman is one awesome read.

One of the things that I personally found hard to discredit, was the level of detail someone would have to know in advance to perpetrate this hoax. That is, consider it in reverse. You have to cover all your bases in advance. The level of scrutiny these have gone over is amazing. And so, when creating them, you'd need intimate knowledge of creating such documents in the 40s. It's quite staggering to think someone got it that 'right.'

It could be a hoax of course, I just find it difficult to believe that is the case.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm no expert but I'd have to agree, the font used on the cover page and throughout doesn't look like type face used in the 50's.

Typewriters were very common in the 50's and 60's

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Has anyone compared this to the FEMA manual-and can anybody show that the Majestic documents pre-date the fema publication. If the two seem to correlate we might have some amazing smoking gun happening.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by stewartw2]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
you can say that mj12 never existed if it makes you feel better but at some time you have to face the truth the history channel has a nice documentary on kecksberg 1965 in penn craft recovered the next day the govenor of penn is flown to lbj ranch in texas along with a few other guys named gen twinning curtis lemay hoyt vandenberg vanaver bush he sure looks alot like bush senior maybe just a coincidence that he would be running our country decades later anyway james forrestal and rocket guy named werner von braun im sure he was a dummie i think on his worst day he could talk circles around some of our brightest engineers today and oh there were a few nasa boys down there as well on that day i dont think they were all flown in to talk about barbeque although they probably had a big one lets see now do you want to run that 60 yr old weather balloon story out there again im not buying that anymore but thats just me do you want to pretend some more or can you start to read between the lines

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
I'm no expert but I'd have to agree, the font used on the cover page and throughout doesn't look like type face used in the 50's.

Typewriters were very common in the 50's and 60's

I'd suggest reading the book Top Secret/Majic by Stanton Friedman before you jump to that conclusion. That was one of his biggest concerns. He spent many years researching this documentation.

He studied all the typefaces used by all typewriters by the military, the ones used for eyes only documents, and so on. He came to the conclusion the typefaces were authentic.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This is another interesting doc I found, although it looks burnt out (and that is why shady). It is again a Pdf

MJ 12 UFOs and JFK

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Some of the evidence found is hard to discredit. I've also been baffled at *why* someone would go through the trouble to do this, if it was not true. If it is a hoax, it is one of the grandest hoaxes ever, imo. Only the highest levels of scrutiny by some of the top critics out there found anything even remotely wrong, and even then it was niggling things.

The book written about this by Friedman is one awesome read.

One of the things that I personally found hard to discredit, was the level of detail someone would have to know in advance to perpetrate this hoax. That is, consider it in reverse. You have to cover all your bases in advance. The level of scrutiny these have gone over is amazing. And so, when creating them, you'd need intimate knowledge of creating such documents in the 40s. It's quite staggering to think someone got it that 'right.'

It could be a hoax of course, I just find it difficult to believe that is the case.

I first heard about these documents a decade ago, before I was interested in UFOs. I thought for sure it had to be a fake. I've seen bona fide above top secret documents, although nothing as old as from the 1950s, and despite the topic, the Majestic-12 briefing paper, just didn't seem 100% authentic.

But after getting into UFOlogy, and reading Friedman's research on the Majestic-12 papers, I'm not as sure as I once was, that they're definitely fakes.

There are a lot of strange details, that if hoaxed, they went to an enormous amount of difficulty. IMO it's either genuine, reproduced by memory from someone who'd seen the genuine briefing documents, or it was written by intelligence professionals and put into circulation for disinfo purposes.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

The one thing about that: If it was a disinfo piece, there is no way they'd go through the efforts to do this unless they were really covering up ufos. Also, imo, if they were going to do this as disinfo, well, you need an endgame. The disinfo bit is the part that gives them leverage. They have never produced the hoaxer to finish it. So I honestly don't think it's disinfo. It would be terrible disinfo if that was the case, unless they produce something proving it was fake.

I've always appreciated Stanton Friedman. He put over 10 years into Roswell, and another 10 into this. He is a researcher, not believing crap just because it would make ufos seems more real. He is a the real deal. Every attempt to debate the Air Force about UFOs has been ignored. They do not want to step into that ring. He HAS put in his time, he has NOT bought into hoaxes, he has solid, accurate, well researched facts.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Right, there is no way they'd go to the trouble if the topic wasn't real. Luckily, my belief/knowledge of the visitors doesn't depend on this document in the slightest.

What I'm saying is, I dont think the Majestic-12 briefing doc was made in some UFO nut's basement. It's either genuine or a forgery by some very talented people.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Schaden]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

It's either genuine or a forgery by some very talented people.

I have looked up on a lot of Majestic material on the internet since this post and I feel that some of the MJ docs seem to be sophisticated forgery, but by indirect inputs from people who have access to the so called "MJ"

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
ive never seen such a lay down on this topic hit boys and girls im sure you werent offended by me naming a few of the boys who were there by the way what really happened to forrestal was it really one of those arkancides? no comment on your part means to me you want me to believe that 60yr old weather balloon story again not!

new topics

top topics

join