It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's really going on with the flu in Mexico**PICTURES**

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
HI Everybody!!! I am new here and arrive a couple of days ago when googling swine flu. I just register to give WyleeCoyote a hand! I live in MOnterrey Mexico, not an area with a big problem but still shut down by the gov orders. The pictures wyleeC posted are pretty valid I don't think in anyway they are false. I have been spending my days at my pool actually, my gym was closed...I will be logging in later or maybe till tomorrow cause I have to get dinner ready before I catch American Idol thanks to USstream! If you have any question about my area will be glad to answer...and yes although businesses were closed and everyone was told to stay home and avoid people gathering...it just lasted like two days and most started taking it like vacations, either going to Texas, or organizing private parties. At first I was upset with this, mostly when my husband wanted to go with his cousins (around 50 people) to their property in the beach, even though it is like a resort withrooms for each family I decided to stay and get some quiet time, He took my boy, in their return they told me how nobody had any caution at all! But yeah it is true for me too that I know noone that is sick, or anyone who knows someone...which with the kidnapping thing, we all knew someone who knew someone that had suffered one, you know...I have many complaints to my local newspapers and gov, I feel they are either not telling the truth and we have many more cases than reported or they exaggerated to the point of paralyzing the whole country with no need...i mean there are only 4 mild cases confirmed here when Ny city has so many more and the subway has not been shut down nor theatres in broadway...I feel news media are lacking the investigative spirit, where is the mexican Geraldo trying to get inside the hospitals? All media are simply praphrasing official reports but that is not enough cause many are thinking this has been a lie, from start to finish...I think that is either an exageration or minimizing data. Also the big news now is how mexicans had been discriminated abroad, but what did they expect when they make each of us not even give a hand shake and forgo family gatherings?...Have to go, bye

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MexicanACME

Thank you so much for posting. We are all trying so hard to make some sense of this. We have so little information to go on. I wish we could get everyone from all over Mexico to post here and update us on their area. My thought is that if this flu is so deadly and fast spreading, we should know people affected.
I'm not saying it can't mutate into something that kills millions, just that it hasn't in Mexico. If the flu comes back and kills twenty days later as some people seem to think it may, we should be seeing it and be able to warn others. Please come back and update.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This has got to be the dumbest thread..disinfo??? Good grief!

I live in the Sacramento area. Some of the very first cases were reported just a few miles from where I live..and I'm telling you..NOTHING is different. Nobody cares because..there's nothing to this. Its all media hype.

If we didn't have televisions, or the internet with people overreacting over NOTHING..NONE of us would even know there was a "problem"..cuz there isn't. There never was.

Does anyone know how many people..since the beginning of the year has died of regular..run of the mill..flu? Anyone?

Know why it didn't make the news? Because it happens every year; its NORMAL.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
WE should get someone from Mexico city to post!
One of my big concerns here that upset me the most is how are governor had been showing off saying we had zero cases in Nuevo Leon, which was so odd, how could people from so many countries had been infected and taken this as far away as New Zealand and NOONE in MOnterrey had caught it, it would had been great ofcourse but unreal, so in the comment box on our newspaper.com there were a couple of people posting about some kids being sick, but not that many, then I found out in the Washington post that we had 4 confirmed cases when they kept saying 0, I wrote about it , and a couple of hours later the governor announced about this 4 cases, but added they had not needed the tamiflu they were already cured...and just while ago , while fixing dinner, a nurse called the news on tv and said that that was a lie, that two of the kids sick were still in the hospital where she works, FINALLY the anchorman started questioning if we were being lied!...it took like ages for someone to talk...I hope this brings more people to approach the media and we will start getting more info...I want to think the federal gov acted in good faith restricting our lives in that way when confronted with a new virus, but the number of sick-death do not justifies this actions...but then again, how could we not have that many cases when so many tourists caught it? it is plain weird

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MexicanACME

It's very weird... My sister just flew into Cancun. She said at the airport they have some kind of thing they are waving in front of people flying into Mexico to see if they have a fever. They are also stopping all cars and busses leaving Cancun and using the same device on the passengers. The government here seems to be taking this pretty seriously. Do they know something we don't? Are they trying to keep a mutated virus out of Mexico? It's now being said the first cases came out of the US not Mexico.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join