It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dom DeLuise Dead at 75

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Dom DeLuise Dead at 75

www.theglobeandmail.com

LOS ANGELES — Dom DeLuise, the portly actor-comedian whose affable nature made him a popular character actor for decades with movie and TV audiences as well as directors and fellow actors, has died. He was 75.

DeLuise died Monday night, Michael DeLuise told radio station KNX on Tuesday. The comedian died in his sleep after a long illness. Calls to Dom Deluise's agent and his son were not immediately returned Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
He had a long career in movies and TV. Appearing in many of Mel Brooks' classic comedies, pairing with his friend Burt Reynolds in many movies, and numerous TV appearances, from The Entertainers in the 60s to the Carol Burnett Show in the 70s. Also, on Broadway and other plays.

I liked Dom best in the Cannonball movies.

He will be missed. RIP Dom DeLuise.

Other TV credits included appearances on such shows as The Munsters, The Girl From U.N.C.L.E., Burke's Law, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Diagnosis Murder.

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-5-2009 by TheComte]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
RIP Dom, you will be missed.

He was a jovial character, a lovable kind of comedian and I could imagine someone that would be fun to hang out with.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was really bummed when I read this. He seemed like a genuinely nice guy. My condolences to his family! I can't imagine what his poor wife is going through after all of those years of marriage.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
He was a unique comedian.

I wonder who the next two people to drop will be? These things always seem to go in 3's.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Oh Dom, so long and good journey.

He made appearances on so many shows and movies I've watched over the years.
One memorable moment was a single scene he did on the soap opera "All My Children". If I remember the line correctly he yelled at some woman to "get her ass out of the piatza", and he was referring to her donkey blocking traffic.

He was truly a class act and a joy to watch. I'm thankful he's left behind a great body of work that everyone will continue to enjoy eternally.

I for one will certainly miss him.

Just look at this long list of work posted on IMDb......
www.imdb.com...

new topics

top topics

join