It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists complete 'Big Bang' Large Hadron Collider repairs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
They collide protons into something, a target.
Is it a metal like aluminum.
And they expect to find something.
The operation specifics are lacking to me.
Tesla applied millions of volts to an aluminum hemisphere
and something came out but has never been revealed.
Hitting a target to add a potential blast might also be done
at the target itself.

incorrect my friend they collide protons stripped of their electrons (hence the name hadron) with other hadrons and then they study all the strange subparticles that are formed when they annihilate in whats known as a quark gluon plasma. They hope to find new sub hadron particles like quarks and most specifically the Higgs-boson. . . .

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
This Experiment to try and discover what happened right after the Big Bang, and as several Scientists have said find the God particle (which disturbed me some) some things are better left alone, the Experiment came to an abrupt stop at the end of last year 2008, after a major failure involving a leak, prevented the warm up process from continuing . . .

Dear Azzllin,

I have found Man's activities in that underground circular tunnel disturbing as well, and so I decided to gently interfere. Yet Man's persistence proved to be of a higher grade than I expected, and I do not have any other choice but to interfere again, this time in more resolute manner. However, this is not to suggest that you go and buy earplugs. It is my sincere, divine hope that it will never get to this point and that Man will reconsider his actions. I don't have any particles and therefore there is no need to look for one using such a reckless and costly experiment.

Always Yours,
God

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
stander. . . . WHAT lol please tell me that was satire and that you dont believe you are god. . . . thats quite an interesting claim. . . . and if you are god arent you supposed to be letting us use our free will to destroy ourselves if we wish. . . . if im wrong though please mr stander dont smite me

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Its funny that i never hear a bad word or any doom and gloom ever mentioned about the Tevatron in the US, who are expecting to find Higgs before the LHC and is being used currently.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Anybody here ever play Half-Life? I hope this does not work as I am extremly afraid of headcrabs!
I'm all for new breakthroughs in science and technology.I live near fermilab in Batavia Il. and have not suffered any ill effects from it.I say crank it up,let's see what happens.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Thanks for that refresher in terminology, lost to me long ago.

So proton to proton collisions.
I know a lot of particles have resulted from collisions so far.
I think one physics professor said it was all particles now days.
But I knew one professor doing low temperature research.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Wont kill you. I have an arrythmia that gets that fast. It can kill me but has not.
It does however make me pass out when it happens. Scary.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
We built a bomb and exposed people to it just to see what would happen which was kind of stupid.

So not too worried about the HC what I'm a little concerned with is the possibility of a vacuum bubble because I've never heard of it before and on top of it, it could destroy the entire universe if there is even such a thing. At least it would be nearly instantaneous if these scientists are correct on the whole vacuum bubble theory.

The interesting/intriguing part is the scientists that built this thing are the ones saying that there is a possibility of that along with the black holes. That is what really makes me wonder. Why would they even release a paper saying that if they want this thing to actually get off the ground and work.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

well theres alot of low temperature science going on such as Bose einstein condensates aswell as research into superfluids and there use in superconductivity applications

here we go

and make sure you watch the whole thing it starts a lil slow and ends with some stunning physics

Google Video Link

[edit on 9-5-2009 by constantwonder]

[edit on 9-5-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
stander. . . . WHAT lol please tell me that was satire and that you dont believe you are god. . . . thats quite an interesting claim. . . . and if you are god arent you supposed to be letting us use our free will to destroy ourselves if we wish. . . . if im wrong though please mr stander dont smite me

And I truly say onto you that I do not believe that I am God, for I AM God.

Its funny that i never hear a bad word or any doom and gloom ever mentioned about the Tevatron in the US, who are expecting to find Higgs before the LHC and is being used currently.

I was blinded by my professional pride when I decided to give Man freedom to conduct his affairs to the common benefit of his generations. I never anticipated that Man would build very expensive underground tunnels in order to locate someone named Higgs.
Scusme . . .

Heavenly Father, here are the latest global economic indicators.

Thank you, Michael.

Oh, my Myself! These figures are infallible sign of Man's desire to locate Me.

(Straight to Andromeda, turn left and start tunelling under Messier M13.)

[edit on 5/9/2009 by stander]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Alright then, let's start her up and end this miserable existance already shall we?

No, but in all seriousness, let's get it over with. We may be making the single greatest mistake in human history if this does produce some sort of anomoly that swallows us whole.

However, much like Y2K (which was a much bigger things) I doubt anything serious will happen.

Most likely the program will have another "Malfunction" cause by unknown issues, which will delay it further.

IMO they aren't ever going to be able to turn the damn thing on. Methinks some people are scared of what they will find.

~Keeper

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Outer space is quite cold, no wonder ETs travel by mind control.
Lord Kelvin worked with gases.
He did a lot with conservation of energy.
Compressed air has energy storage properties as well
as liquidized gases or air.
He found a non Relativistic gas response of extra cooling
during a no work expansion.
After cooling one gas you go on to cooling the next coolest.
Tesla had many vacuum pump and cooling experiments.
Linde of Europe patented the liquid air process.
On a net board was posted he saw liquid air on a hose
carrying rocket fuel. He figured the air moisture froze so the
liquid must be air.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join