It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The forgotten campaign issue...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The Second Amendment was a deciding factor in the last presidential election, with Bill Clinton himself ceding that Al Gore was defeated by the NRA and other pro 2A groups.
Why is everyone so silent about the issue this time around?
Could it be that the Republicans feel secure after 2000? I hope not!
Could it be that the Democrats are just afraid of facing the issue? I think so.

G.W.B. may have signed his political �death warrant� by voicing his intent to sign the Assault weapon ban renewal �if it hit his desk� even though it hasn�t. Many of the gun owners in this country see this as a stab in the back after the previous election. I am seeing dissent among even the �hardcore� gun rights activists saying that they might vote for Kerry to teach the Republican Party a �lesson� for disregarding them.

Kerry on the other hand is saying virtually nothing on the issue as he has a terrible record in the Senate as far as individual gun rights. Sure he paraded around some reporters to film him shooting a well-placed pheasant but what does that prove? It only showed me that he could be barbaric along with the rest of them. I�m sure every gun owner will be happy to �turn them all in�(California mantra) to enable the Federal government absolute control of the population. I also have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale�

This is an issue that I, personally, believe needs more attention. We ARE talking about the SECOND amendment here. Don�t you think the founding fathers had a good reason to amend the Constitution so early with such text?

As someone (sorry, forgot the source) once said, �The Second Amendment is the last protection for the First.�

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I don't think anti-gun proponents are willing to fight this election year. Since September 11th, I think even advocates of gun control are reconsidering their position. Hopefully more realistically. Plus, I don't think Kerry is stupid enough to bring up the issue on his own. I think he'd rather just let it slide as long as he can.

DC

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
If thugs have easy access to them "underground" then it is only fair for them to be availible for the common man.

Right now way too many thugs got their hands on these weapons and something should be done about it, that is an issue for Homeland Security IMO.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Make no mistake about Kerry and his anti-gun agenda. He IS Ted Kennedy's lapdog. He may not want to make it a campaign issue but if he were elected it would be a #1 priority.
As far as the "Thugs having access" Yes, we need to enforce the laws we currently have to get guns out of the hands of criminals. Until that is achieved 100% I will continue to carry my own, legally, to mitigate the threat.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
so your saying to teach bush a lesson in stabbing them in the back, the pro guns are going to vote for kerry? i would have to disagree. it does seem you are trying to suggest them to though.

there is no way a pro gun would vote for kerry unless gun wasnt his main issue.

of course i dont like the UN or gun control , so i probably wont vote for kerry. But i probably wont vote bush either...

it sucks being me sometimes.

top topics

join