It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon cyber command to create force for future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Pentagon cyber command to create force for future

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The U.S. military must reorganize its offensive and defensive cyber operations and will use a new command at a Maryland Army facility to create a digital warfare force for the future, the director of the National Security Agency says.

Lt. Gen. Keith Alexander, also the Pentagon's leading cyber warfare commander, said the U.S. is determined to lead the global effort to use computer technology to deter or defeat enemies, while still protecting the public's constitutional rights.

In testimony prepared for delivery Tuesday to a House Armed Services subcommittee, Alexand
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I have two ways of thinking on this issue. Part of me is considering that this is perhaps going to lead to an increase in what we may term 'snooping' by TPTB in our online lives.

Few of here are stupid - we are aware that we are being watched online and we just hope that nothing we say or do will result in us being flagged or having a 'friendly knock' at the door.

Another part of me thinks that this may lead to an increase in the number of disinfo agents we see floating around the 'net.

Either way, I think that when governments talk about cyber defence they are being extremely vague and making out that they are talking about protecting servers and the like.

I, for one, am not convinced about this and expect to see the fingers of government spreading wider and wider in our online world.

Silent weapons for a quiet war, indeed. But what war? That is the question I pose. Not the war against the people and our freedoms, I hope.

Peace,

MGGG

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-5-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

[edit on 5-5-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

new topics

join