It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sightings Much?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I was looking around the net, much like many of us do, just looking for some new information. I've been to this site before but I've never seen the accumulative image.

Many people say that anyone who has seen a UFO is eaither lying, hoaxing, making cgi, or just mistakes normal every day things that everyone should know as UFOs. If that is true than there are a lot of hoaxers, idiots, and cgi artists in the united states alone.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/808902e2ec7a.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is the source of all that. It's a good read.

[url=http://www.kindastrange.net/2008/10/top-5-signs-there-will-be-ufo.html]http://www.kindastrange.net/2008/10/top-5-signs-there-will-be-ufo.html[/ur l]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by DaMod]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I see the point you're making, it's an eye popping pic too.
I do think though, that there are a lot of people out there. Think about if you were (you maybe are) a teenager and you came across a website to report sightings... I know back when I was younger i would have posted a lot of fakies, just to see them up on the net I guess. Stupid I know but kid will be kids. Now imagine that there is atleast one kid in each school tempted to do this.... this would account for a lot of those sightings on the map there.

And that is only one variable out of thousands of possibilities within millions of people.

I still like the point though.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wow that is an incredible amount of sightings!

I very much doubt all of them can be true. Interesting post though just goes to show how many hoaxes there is!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Wow, look at all those liars.

Seriously, though, I think the pic speaks for itself and may probably be an uncomfortable one for many debunkers.
It will be interesting to see if the Webbots had it right, when they predicted that UFO-sightings would increase 10000 fold this Summer.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see something similar by state or even by city, I know the last one would be nearly impossible due to how many cities there are in the US, but still would be interesting and the state thing should be doable and interesting.

[edit on 5/4/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The crazy part is that even if 50% of those are all hoaxes and jokes the sightings in the image would still look like a massive blob.

and to poster el numero dos. I'm not a teenager.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I also found a UFO map for Europe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b3f091d80538.gif[/atsimg]

And the entire planet

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19617b591af9.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

That's ok man, I wasn't slipping in a veiled put down, I just didn't want to assume anything.
My experience with statistics would push me towards thinking that at a glance 95% of these could be blatent hoaxes but i really didn't want to say that because I've no evidence, I've made a HUGE ill educated assumption and because I've typed it people will think it is my opinion in stone.

I like the thread and I do see the point of the information it displays. In my mind if only 0.01% (I haven't counted here) of these are not hoaxes then it speaks volumes.
I have trained myself to try and look at things from the opposite point of reference from which they place me (if that makes any sense at all). If I don't I'll believe anything, I'm very susceptable, some would say gullible.

Gracias por leer este mensaje

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Love how on the globe map you can see the world hotspots. Intersting to note that most seem to be concentrated in the US and Europe, is this due to these contries paying more attention or because there are more hoaxers in these areas?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Another thought would be because that is where our civilization is most developed, therefore the most intriguing for a visitor from another world. Just putting an ET spin on it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
First off awesome images, really eye opening for sure.

Yeah I was noticing this as well it seems that most of the sightings are in the "western world" is this because of our alleged shadow governments involvement with ET? or simply because we believe therefor we see? Why would they be more interested in us and not interested in say Africa where the biggest AIDs is running rampant. I figured as an ET scientist I would want to check that out.

But I also guess that most sightings in 3rd world countries would not make it to whoever is collecting this data.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I think it's probably a little bit of both. Plus they are, as I said earlier, more developed nations which could have something to do with it. I'm sure third world nations would have problems posting data even though many of these areas that contain hardly any sightings are not third world at all. I think its a pretty safe bet something is going on.

top topics

join