It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon's surface is red!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Our Moon is the strangest moon in the universe.

The Moon's surface is red but reflects grey when light hits it because it is mostly made of metal.

Look at how The Moon is red when light doesn't hit it in a lunar eclipse:
www.youtube.com...

It perfectly avoids showing one side of it (the dark side).

The chemical composition of the dust upon which the rocks sat differed remarkably from the
rocks themselves.

Moon rocks are magnetized even though supposedly there is no magnetic field on the moon
itself.

Hundreds of "moonquakes" are recorded each year that cannot be attributed to meteor
strikes. In November, 1958, Soviet astronomer Nikolay A. Kozyrev of the Crimean
Astrophysical Observatory photographed a gaseous eruption of the moon near the crater
Alphonsus. He also detected a reddish glow that lasted for about an hour. In 1963,
astronomers at the Lowell Observatory also saw reddish glows on the crests of ridges in
the Aristarchus region. These observations have proved to be precisely identical and
periodical, repeating themselves as the moon moves closer to the Earth.

On November 20, 1969, the Apollo 12 crew jettisoned the lunar module ascent stage causing
it to crash onto the moon. The LM’s impact (about 40 miles from the Apollo 12 landing
site) created an artificial moonquake with startling characteristics—the moon reverberated
like a bell for more than an hour.
This phenomenon was repeated with Apollo 13 (intentionally commanding the third stage to
impact the moon), with even more startling results. Seismic instruments recorded that the
reverberations lasted for three hours and twenty minutes and traveled to a depth of
twenty-five miles, leading to the conclusion that the moon has an unusually light—or even
no—core.

The moon’s crust is much harder than presumed. Remember the extreme difficulty the
astronauts encountered when they tried to drill into the maria? Surprise! The maria is
composed primarily illeminite, a mineral containing large amounts of titanium, the same
metal used to fabricate the hulls of deep-diving submarines and the skin of the SR-71
"Blackbird". Uranium 236 and neptunium 237 (elements not found in nature on Earth) were
discovered in lunar rocks, as were rustproof iron particles.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Well there is debate among some people over what the colour actually is, but it sure as hell ain't white or grey.

I think it's primarily due to the fact that the Moon does have the slighest of atmosphere's that provides a kind of reflective coating making it look like it does in our sky.

As you said in you OP there are multiple different accounts of anomolies being observed on the moon's surface, as well as the plethora of NASA footage and sound clips detailing "critters" and "alien spacecraft".

We definetly aren't getting the whole picture from NASA. Then again they are Nazi's.

~Keeper

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well someone said this one time:

The red light is light that is refracted through Earth's atmosphere. Our atmosphere scatters blue light (which is why the sky is blue during the day), leaving only the red light to shine through. This casts a red hazy light over the moon. It is significantly dimmer than the sunlight, which is why it requires a different exposure level to see it.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Doesn't blue and red (when together) make purple? So... if Earth's atmosphere scatters the blue light, and allows red, wouldn't the moon (or atmosphere) be purple? Anyone agree? Just mho.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The best evidence that I can think of to provide as to what color the moon is, is the rocks that we have taken from the moon.

here, take a look and judge for yourself what color the surface of the moon really is.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8d242b493e5.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a05b664728c6.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/582117e9b75a.jpg[/atsimg]

Also here is a color picture taken directly from the surface of the moon.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db6838e444c2.jpg[/atsimg]

I don't know about you all but I am just not seeing a single tinge of red. As for why the moon appears to have a red or orange tint some times here is the REAL reason.

What makes the eclipsed moon turn red? The answer lies inside Earth's shadow:

Our planet casts a long shadow. It starts on the ground--Step outside at night. You're in Earth's shadow. Think about it!--and it stretches almost a million miles into space, far enough to reach the moon.

Suppose you had a personal spaceship. Here's your mission: Tonight, at midnight, blast off and fly down the middle of Earth's shadow. Keep going until you're about 200,000 miles above Earth, almost to the moon. Now turn around and look down. The view from your cockpit window is Earth's nightside, the dark half of our planet opposite the sun. But it's not completely dark! All around Earth's limb, the atmosphere glows red.

What you're seeing is every sunrise and sunset on Earth--all at once. This ring of light shines into Earth's shadow, breaking the utter darkness you might expect to find there. Turn off the cockpit lights. There's a lovely red glow.

Here is the source for that quote

NASA

The moon is not actually red. It is an illusion you are seeing. I have a personal saying. "it is great to have an open mind, but do not open it to far or else your brain will fall out."

That means, that it is great to speculate and wonder about such mysterious things but it is never a good idea to post your theories as fact unless you have done all the research and can prove it as fact.

That is the key issue with the majority of consipracy theories. They often times are nothing more than mere speculations from people who forgot to include common sense, logic and facts into their speculations.

Peace and love!

See you all around the boards!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sorted!

Thanks for the pics.

I can understand someones reasons for believing the moon is red because of atmospheric effects etc. It's also made of cheeeeeese!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Sorted!

Thanks for the pics.

I can understand someones reasons for believing the moon is red because of atmospheric effects etc. It's also made of cheeeeeese!

I don't understand why is it even flagged?? The moon becomes red because it's getting light from a sunset, sunrise or whatever - straight forward atmospheric effect. I've known it since the first lunar eclipse I've seen, no need to read books or go to internet or have someone tell me. Just analyze it!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Not to start a religious debate, but to continue on what tothetenthpower said:
The bible talks about the moon turning to blood (figuratively red) in the end times.

Rev 6:12 I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13 and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind.

So, say this theory is true, of the atmosphere altering the moons colour appearance here on earth, technically, if the earth's atmosphere was altered or stripped (magnetic core stop working), the moon would appear red to us (if we were still alive).
Interesting? I dunno, I thought so but there are many ways that the moon could turn red.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It's not red. It's orange. It's orange because Americans add orange food colouring to their cheddar cheese.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's orange because of people that have been to the moon say it's orange.

history.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

...So, say this theory is true, of the atmosphere altering the moons colour appearance here on earth, technically, if the earth's atmosphere was altered or stripped (magnetic core stop working), the moon would appear red to us (if we were still alive).
Interesting? I dunno, I thought so but there are many ways that the moon could turn red.

It's the Earth's atmosphere that makes the moon look red, if the atmosphere was stripped away (and we were hyperthetically still alive), the Moon would appear the same colour as it usually does.

Here's a link that explains the red effect...

www.mreclipse.com...

[edit on 13/5/09 by Insomniac]

new topics

top topics

join