It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent link between Dengue fever and Monsantos GE Soy and Roundup in South America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
20min.ch
20 Minutes is a Swiss Newspaper / Online-News provider that finances itself from advertisements. It's slightly sensationalism-oriented but the facts are usually more or less solid. Somtimes they provide a gem that literally SCREAMS for further investigations, and this is one of them.

I smelled blood when I read an article that mentioned that recent dengue-outbreaks happened in regions that were using Monsanto's Roundup-Ready Soy (which is genetically engineered Soy) and Roundup as main pesticide.

According to the article, the explanation is actually rather easy: Roundup kills frogs, fishes and toads, practically all natural enemies of the "Yellow fever Mosquito"; the prime carrier of the virus. Strangely enough, the Mosquito seems not to be affected by Roundup.
With this background it's no wonder that the occurrence of the mosquito falls almost to the meter on the same regions where large Soy plantations are. This was found in a study by Argentinian agronomist Alberto Lapolla.

Monsantos Soy seems quite controversial in Argentina as is shown here and according to 20 Minutes, the Monsanto Crops were only allowed in Argentina on March 25. 1996 due to some irregularities in the evaluation process under Felipe Solá, then Secretary for Agriculture, Livestock and Fishing for the presidency of Carlos Menem.
This happened three days before the juristic department could issue a statement and against the warnings of several scientists who clearly said that long term implications of GE crops and the use of Roundup are unknown and potentially hazardous.

So, here we have:
- Monsanto selling GE Soy and a toxic pesticide trough a process that more than likely involves bribery and corruption.
- A corrupt regime that lets go warning voices unheard in the name of profit.
- A poison that alters the natural balance in favor of a mosquito that can transmit a deadly disease.

Has anybody still any doubts that Monsanto is only interested in Profits without ANY HEED whatsoever for human lives?

Dengue Fever
Yellow fever Mosquito
Monsanto
Roundup
Roundup Ready crops
Felipe Solá

Further references to Monsanto and Felipe Solá:
Combat Monsanto
The Rams horn
The Ecologist

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Interesting post..tyty

Perhaps the recent outbreak of Malaria in Africa and other areas is actually this Dengue Fever? Symptoms, transmission etc are all equal.
Was just reading about it on wiki and wanted to pose this question.
Food for thought indeed.

s & f

Peace..

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

No, as far as I can tell, Malaria and Dengue fever are not the same but they are transmitted in a similar way and occur in approx. the same places. Malaria is from a parasite (Plasmodium) while Dengue fever is virus-induced (Flavivirus).

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Exactly...I know that they are different, yet transmitted the same way.
That's my point.
The mosquito is not reacting at all to the Roundup.
The malarial outbreak in AFrica has been all of a sudden and not expected, with symptoms exactly like that of Dengue Fever. Maybe treatment is wrong then and thus, numbers of infected are increasing.

Interesting also that Roundup is not the pesticide of choice anymore in this country; ergo stockpiles sent elsewhere, as usual.
Monsanto is quite the dangerous player ..eh???

Peace...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Roundup isn't a pesticide, it's a herbicide. Er...well, it's supposed to just be a herbicide. Monsanto claims Roundup is perfectly safe for mammals. There is a lot of non-Monsanto information out there about Roundup. The more you read, the more scared you will be.

This weekend, I am trying vinegar and soap as a weed killer. I have read that Roundup is toxic to amphibians, and I have a pond with frogs, fish, turtles, etc., on my property. That, alone, is enough reason for me not to use it.

top topics

join