It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: Farmer possibly gave swine flu to pigs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
(CNN) -- More than a week after the swine flu outbreak rattled the world, with cases of infected people popping up from Mexico to South Korea, the new virus strain has shown up in a herd of swine.

Masked workers push food to a sealed-off hotel in Beijing where Mexican nationals are being quarantined.

The catch, Canadian officials say, is that the animals may have caught the flu from a human.

Canadian officials are quarantining pigs that tested positive for the virus -- scientifically known as 2009 H1N1 -- at an Alberta farm in what could be the first identified case of pigs infected during the recent outbreak.

They said the pigs may have been infected by a Canadian farmer who recently returned from a trip to Mexico, the epicenter of the outbreak that has sickened more than 680 people.

The farmer "may have exposed swine on the farm to an influenza virus," said Dr. Brian Evans of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.

"We have determined that the virus H1N1, found in these pigs, is the virus which is being tracked in the human population," he added.www.cnn.com...

The article also says;

At this point we have to expect that phase six will be reached.

Can you believe this the guy recently returned from Mexico and gave his pigs the flu?

[edit on 3-5-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 3-5-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I wonder how they knew the pigs caught it from a human farmer?

They will quarantine the pigs. I haven’t heard that the 680 humans he infected have been quarantined. What’s up with that?

I was one of those people tired of hearing about the Swine flu, rather H1N1 but this stuff gets more crazy by the day.

If one guy in Canada infected 680 people the CDC and WHO numbers arent adding up.

How many birds that landed in the pig pen caught the flu? Hundreds? More? Birds have no borders.

I dont think now is the time to worry I'm thinking next fall when the new flu season begins. This will get nasty and more deadly.

new topics

join