It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Dropping Charges Against 2 AIPAC Lobbyists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Something shady going on, dropping the charges after the suspects won the right to call on officials to include former Sec of State Rice.

The Glass houses phrase comes to mind, if you want the US to back off.. just get a judge to say it's ok to call on reps from our government and they scurry back to the safety of that crutch called...

I can see it now

In the interest of keeping classified info (evidence) classified... we have decided not to pursue action....

In other words.. we have skeletons we would much rather keep in the closet.

www.israelnationalnews.com

The U.S. is dropping 4-year-old charges against two former lobbyists for AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee) charged with conspiring to give secret information to Israel. The two, Keith Weissman and Steven Rosen, had won the right to call as witnesses top officials to testify that the US itself has often used AIPAC in this manner to pass information to Israel.

The case originally broke in the summer of 2004, and in August of 2005 the two were indicted on charges of "conspiracy to communicate national defense information to people not entitled to receive it." Rosen was also charged with actually communicating classified information.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It might have something to do with a prominent democrat making deals that was actually caught by the NSA wiretap!

www.salon.com...

Rep. Jane Harman , the California Democrat with a longtime involvement in intelligence issues, was overheard on an NSA wiretap telling a suspected Israeli agent that she would lobby the Justice Department to reduce espionage-related charges against two officials of the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee, the most powerful pro-Israel organization in Washington.

Harman was recorded saying she would “waddle into” the AIPAC case “if you think it’ll make a difference,” according to two former senior national security officials familiar with the NSA transcript.

In exchange for Harman’s help, the sources said, the suspected Israeli agent pledged to help lobby Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., then-House minority leader, to appoint Harman chair of the Intelligence Committee after the 2006 elections, which the Democrats were heavily favored to win.

Seemingly wary of what she had just agreed to, according to an official who read the NSA transcript, Harman hung up after saying, “This conversation doesn’t exist.”

So you see, this isn't about protecting Israel, this is about Democrats protecting their own.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Republican Democrat, they are all cut from the same bad cloth, while I can see what you present as a possible cause, to blame the Dems and completely forget the Reps involvement is deflection from the truth that they ALL are complicit.

I find it impossible to defend ANY of those elected to serve the people.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yes but if it was a major Republican player involved in dropping the charges, it would have been all over the drive-by media. Instead it gets a mention from Israelnationnews.com

Can you imagine a Republican getting caught conspiring with Israeli agents on a NSA wiretap? This has got to be one of the biggest covered up news stories of the year....all because it happened to a Democrat.

OH BTW....This conversation doesn't exist!

[edit on 3-5-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

That's the reason it is being covered up, BOTH PARTIES have something to hide...

Neither one wants this to be heard.

It's CYA time for alot of people in DC now and those who were in DC then.

To try and point fingers at one or the other is pointless, they are ALL complicit in one way or another.

That's why we here crickets, and Israel rejoices...

Doesn't this partisan posturing get old? I know that you have the right to it, personally I shake my head at both sides of the partisan issue. So many bright minds wasted in bickering back and forth for people that could really care less about them, unless it's campaign fundraising time.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
it doesn't surprise me either that this gets swept under the carpet.

they can't use bad propaganda for AIPAC or their political scams.

it shows again that the whole system can't get any more corrupted than it is now.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is absolutely disguesting and one of the primary reasons why many Americans are fed up!!!!! I can't believe blatent corruption, right there, in print, and still nothing people expect it, they expect it get swept under the rug, and they expect to not hear another word of it. I refuse to expect this anymore, people need to be held accountable.

top topics

join