It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Contingency Plans For Food Shortages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This is premature, granted, but as alot of us are preparing "in case " something really bad happens on a grand scale, I wanted to find out just what plans /preparations governments around the world have made in readiness for the possibility of food shortages in the event of a pandemic.

I'll start this off with a document I found concerning the United Kingdom Plans :

Pandemic Food Planning in the Food Retail Sector

And in the Telegraph Today there is talk of how some UK supermarkets are mobilising themselves a little already, preparing for potential "panic buying" . The title of the article is slightly misleading though as they only seem to be readying themselves for extra demands for bottled water and tinned goods at this juncture rather than ALL kinds of things.

Supermarkets Prepare for Panic Buying

In addition, it might be worth reading through the following website which outlines and discusses potential problems with food manufacturing, supplies and distribution as well as other problems like power outages etc in the event of a full scale pandemic. It tells you what to expect in a worse case scenario and how to prepare yourselves.

Get Pandemic Ready

No, we are not sure yet if it WILL be a case of SHTF either in the upcoming months or later down the line but it is prudent to be informed regarding what to expect if it DOES go crazy and what plans YOUR government have made to cope with food shortages .

So, perhaps we can gather documents from governments around the world outlining plans and procedures that have been set up to try and cope with a worse case scenario in terms of the food supply chain. Post any news articles you come across in relation to any of this too.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
If history teaches us anything it teaches us the SHTF eventually. Being prepared is smart and dont let anyone here tell you any different. Or that youre freaking out or over hyping something. I just see how you load your posts with "Im not saying" etc and feel for ya. Realize there are people here that spread misinformation. I probably have a year to two years worth of food with a very long shelf life stored. I prepared a long time ago. Its only a matter of time before we have a SitX and this pandemic could very well be it. Im not so much scared of it as I am what people will do when they are desperate.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

I word some of my posts carefully mainly to avoid having people clog the thread with comments challenging the point of the thread rather than because concern about what they might think about me. Some info is really important so not worth inviting arguments so I avoid talking like I'm an all seeing eye ! I am preparing like you, with the aim of getting at least a years worth of stuff in. I'm going to try and up the ante with my work to increase funds short term to enable me to keep buying lots of extra stuff.

[edit on 3/5/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Try prepared2survive forum.......uk based forum with some good info

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I second that on P2S Forum. Have had alot of useful tips and with it being mainly UK based its ideal

new topics

top topics

join