It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at the H1N1 numbers video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is an excellent clip that breaks down the mortality rate of the H1N1 virus. The video makes you re think the "hype" theories and understand why the CDC and WHO has acted the way they have, maybe they have good reason to and are not overeacting. What puzzles me is all of the "hype" has calmed down, if these numbers are right then why is the media acting like the virus isn't that big of a deal? I am starting to think that once the economy started to suffer from the news about the virus then the media was orderd to pull back.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Im sorry but that videos just another person putting out an over hype opinion that is completely incorrect. Why? Seriously ask yourself why? I mean if they wanted to get your mind off the failing economy theyd have janet jackson show her breasts again. There is just no way this was released as a distraction and to many people are not taking this serious enough. My mind is on the flu and in the back of my head I realize how crappy our economy is. Until there is a motive this cannot be anywhere near correct, sorry.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
Im sorry but that videos just another person putting out an over hype opinion that is completely incorrect. Why? Seriously ask yourself why? I mean if they wanted to get your mind off the failing economy theyd have janet jackson show her breasts again. There is just no way this was released as a distraction and to many people are not taking this serious enough. My mind is on the flu and in the back of my head I realize how crappy our economy is. Until there is a motive this cannot be anywhere near correct, sorry.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Memysabu]

This video may very well be an over hyped opinion, but I have read some other threads that show about the same percentages and it is logical to me. If 1000 people are exposed 700 get the virus and if the current numbers of death is accurate then 5% of the 700 will likely die that is 35 people. If the media is reporting the death rate correctly then the H1N1 has a 5% mortality rate, which is fairly high given that the normal flu has a mortality rate of about .6% or .9%. Any who I do not think that the virus has been used to divert our attention from the economy what I do think is that once the economy started to suffer as a result of the news of the H1N1 then the media was ordered to pull back the hype in order to stop any further damage to the economy. It is just a theory, I am just trying to make 1 + 2 = 3 out of this whole mess that seems to have more holes in its story than Swiss cheese.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here is a definition of mortality rate.
dictionary.reference.com...

new topics

top topics

join