It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Nelson Plans To Oppose Public Health Plan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, would any American members care to share what they pay monthly/yearly for their private health insurance coverage? It would be interesting to see how much you are paying now.

Because all this talk of 'I don't want my taxes to go up' and stuff makes it sound like it doesn't cost very much at all.

Also, why do you think your taxes will go up? You do know you wouldn't have to pay the private companies any more, right?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

For my wife and me (she is 29 I am 33) we pay about $4oo a month. Which really does not sound like a lot of money, but it is to us.

After posting this I went online, or else where online to see what the average per capita health care cost comparisons are between nations.

What I found was not surprising. The USA has 46 MILLION uninsured but those of us who are insured pay the highest price for the coverage than ANY other nation, we are most defiantly the #1 nation, in getting raped for coverage.

Bar Chart Showinbg Per Capita Health Care Costs Around the World

# 1 United States: $4,631.00 per capita
# 2 Switzerland: $3,222.00 per capita
# 3 Germany: $2,748.00 per capita
# 4 Iceland: $2,608.00 per capita
# 5 Canada: $2,535.00 per capita
# 6 Denmark: $2,420.00 per capita
# 7 France: $2,349.00 per capita
= 8 Belgium: $2,268.00 per capita
= 8 Norway: $2,268.00 per capita
# 10 Netherlands: $2,246.00 per capita
# 11 Australia: $2,211.00 per capita
# 12 Austria: $2,162.00 per capita
# 13 Italy: $2,032.00 per capita
# 14 Japan: $2,011.00 per capita
# 15 Ireland: $1,953.00 per capita
# 16 United Kingdom: $1,764.00 per capita
# 17 Finland: $1,664.00 per capita
# 18 New Zealand: $1,623.00 per capita
# 19 Spain: $1,556.00 per capita
# 20 Portugal: $1,439.00 per capita
# 21 Greece: $1,399.00 per capita
# 22 Czech Republic: $1,031.00 per capita
# 23 Hungary: $842.00 per capita
# 24 Slovakia: $690.00 per capita
# 25 Mexico: $491.00 per capita

Remember we have 45 MILLION uninsured compared to the others listed here where EVERYONE is covered yet we pay the most. Sure sounds like a bad deal to me guys...

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Animal]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

$750.00 per month....grrrrrrr that is for me wife and three kids in florida. If I could buy out of state insurance I could cut that in more than half..

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
For my wife and me (she is 29 I am 33) we pay about $4oo a month. Which really does not sound like a lot of money, but it is to us.

Whaa!! $400/month? $4800/year? WOW! That's a lot. I thought you were going to say something like $60/month for a family!

And some of you think your taxes are going to go up more than $5000 a year? Why?

I only pay about $7000 a year tax (federal/provincial/health premium) on a $40000/year salary TOTAL.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

That's more than my mortgage payment. If you lived in Canada, you could buy another house with what you are currently paying for health insurance.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

they think their taxes are going to go up more than the cost of halth care because of the various mouth pieces of the medical-industrial-complex have convinced them it will be so via the standard fear tactics.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal

they think their taxes are going to go up more than the cost of halth care because of the various mouth pieces of the medical-industrial-complex have convinced them it will be so via the standard fear tactics.

If taxes are not raised for this, how will it be paid for? Will doctors and nurses and other staff work for free?

I do not see any way at all that 100% free health care can be provided for every single US citizen (and illegals) without taxes being raised. Impossible, in my opinion.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by inked up]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by inked up

wow....

yes taxes will go up, no one said they would not.

however they will undoubtedly NOT go up equal to the amount we are paying today which leaves out 45 Million citizens.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Just out of curiosity, would any American members care to share what they pay monthly/yearly for their private health insurance coverage? It would be interesting to see how much you are paying now.

For my GF who is diabetic and myself, $960 a month. We are small business owners and this really cuts into our profit margin enough that I can't afford to pay health care for my employees. I'm sure they just do without.

Health care is the reason I voted for Obama. I hope he comes thru with something soon.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by inked up
If taxes are not raised for this, how will it be paid for? Will doctors and nurses and other staff work for free?

I do not see any way at all that 100% free health care can be provided for every single US citizen (and illegals) without taxes being raised. Impossible, in my opinion.

Yes, but realize you will be saving approximately $5000 a year from not having to pay the private insurance companies. Look at the statistics posted above. Most countries can provide universal health care for about $2500-3000 per capita. Americans are paying on average almost twice that much.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

$125. a month just for me, but it's not the best insurance either.

WE think they're gonna majorly increase our taxes to pay for this because that is what they do, we're used to being raped by the government. Every stinking time they want to do something they increase our taxes in one way or another. You have to understand it's not just the federal government, it's also the state, city, and county that taxes us to no end also.

According to what you said, you pay approximately 17 1/2% of your income for taxes, total federal, provincial (state ?) and your health insurance with a 40,000 yearly income.

Now i made about $21,600 and was taxed 20% of my income (although that does include social security, not that i'll see any of it) and that did not include any health coverage. So yes i truely believe that if they implement national health care they most likely will start taxing me at 25% or more. And i don't believe this due to any fear tactics by mouth pieces, i believe this because of what my government has already shown me.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

That's more than my mortgage payment. If you lived in Canada, you could buy another house with what you are currently paying for health insurance.

More than your mortgage payment ???
I can't even pay my rent on a five room apartment with that here in Chicago
. Mortgages around here start at about $1,500. a month (not including property taxes and water) and that's on the low end in not fantastic neighborhoods

It sounds like you Canadians have it pretty good up there

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chise61 Mortgages around here start at about $1,500. a month (not including property taxes and water) and that's on the low end in not fantastic neighborhoods

It sounds like you Canadians have it pretty good up there

If I recall, though...you have your mortage interest deductable...we don't, though I've also heard that your municipalities jack up their taxes accordingly.

But I'm just about to re-sign for a 5 year at 4%.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join