It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently peaceful 'orange blobs' found in Roswell, N.M.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
blogs.usatoday.com...

Apparently peaceful 'orange blobs' found in Roswell, N.M.

UFO investigators digging at a site in Roswell, N.M., where some eyewitnesses claim to have seen the crash of a mysterious craft in 1947 report they found ... something, the Roswell Daily Record reports.

"At this point, we don't know what it was or why it was there," said UFO investigator Chuck Zukowski. "I don't want to speculate."

The artifacts were found in 2002 during a dig sponsored by the Sci Fi Channel. Zukowski said it took years for them to figure out whether they could run tests on the items, the newspaper reports.

Zukowski and his sister Debbie Ziegelmeyer, state director of the Mutual UFO Network in Missouri, found a tiny piece of silvery material, which is mostly aluminum silicate, that began to curl up after it was exposed to sunlight.

Bill Doleman, a retired archaeologist who supervised the dig, said aluminum silicate is not uncommon in nature, but that there seemed to be nothing around that would contain or produce the compound, the Record writes.

Doleman also reported finding "orange blobs" that were determined to be heat-resistant synthetic substances.

He says investigators are hoping to get some funding and professional labs to identify the material. Doleman said one of the benefits is that "everybody in the UFO community will think they're really cool."

Posted by Doug Stanglin at 08:40 AM/ET, May 01, 2009 in Health/Science, Offbeat, Research, Science, Space | Permalink
does anyone on here know if aluminum silicate reacts like that to sunlight?

I wonder what they mean by blob. Does it look and feel like fat?

[edit on 1-5-2009 by reject]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

i seen this story earlier today and thought it was interesting but i didn't post it because there is nothing so far that shows any of the material found is of an Alien nature. they just said the material or samples were not native to the area.

In 2002, UFO investigators, including some from the University of New Mexico, found small pieces of material near the 1947 crash site of what has become known as the Roswell Incident .

The group said it did some preliminary tests that found the mystery material is not native to the Roswell area although it is from this planet. This metal piece is aluminum silicon, they said.

www.kasa.com...

www.roswell-record.com...

[edit on 1-5-2009 by easynow]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Where are the artifacts now I wonder??? Good post

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Good thread,

I'd like to hear more about these blobs they supposedly discovered.

Why is there always a big delay anytime there could be a breakthrough involved?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why dont they even bother to show pictures? Maybe if they did that, some people could identify the objects, without need for lab analysis.

top topics

join