It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Xbox forensics toolkit targets criminal gamers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That was wild, LOL. 4 pounds of thermite to destroy one drive? Yea, thats a little excessive!

Muriatic acid can be bought at any home center near the concrete products, its used for etching freshly-poured concrete. It has a small percentage of hydrochloric acid.

Neither of these methods seems like a quick and safe way to protect your data from seizure - I'd say in a "product showdown" between thermite, muriatic acid, or a raskat, the raskat would win.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
That was wild, LOL. 4 pounds of thermite to destroy one drive? Yea, thats a little excessive!

Muriatic acid can be bought at any home center near the concrete products, its used for etching freshly-poured concrete. It has a small percentage of hydrochloric acid.

Neither of these methods seems like a quick and safe way to protect your data from seizure - I'd say in a "product showdown" between thermite, muriatic acid, or a raskat, the raskat would win.

Heheh, totally.
All those in favor of waiting 3 hours and needing sunshine/heat/gas mask for muriatic acid, say aye.
All those in favor of burning down your house and a hole straight through your foundation, say aye.

*crickets*

Raskat=win!

I do find it funny, though, that in the Ukraine, if you are a politician, you get automatic immunity from being charged with...well, anything?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Why would they pre-empt all this by announcing it so criminals can find an alternative?
Sounds like they are wasting their time and energy to me.
Unless they keep it totally covert, what's the point?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
An electro magnetic pulse is more than suitable for scrambling and ruining a drive.

Detachable drives and registry cleaners are the way to go if you want to keep your secure data secure.

This is just another way for some well connected kid to pick up some pork from the Government.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
So, "Forget warrants, lets just break into anyone's hard drive we feel like, because... we're the government"?

1: No search of a persons property without warrant or suspicion.
2: Freedom of privacy.
3 :...

... the list goes on.

Looks like your country isn't even pretending to be free anymore.

My question is, when do we get to edit your anthem?
Land of the free is totally out of date.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join