It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans to Merge with Robots in 2029

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Click Here For Full Story

Thought this was a cool story and didn't see it posted yet. Well, I don't know how I exactly feel about letting a robot into my brain's capillaries...anyone ever see Dr. Octavius from Spiderman???? Hello! Just doesn't seem like a good idea. But, technology is cool nonetheless.

Hope you guys like it.

At the heart of this theory is the idea that with science and technology – especially nanotechnology – evolving at breakneck speed, man will eventually be able to fuse himself with machines of the future to create a sort of Borg-like, man-robot hybrid that’s vastly more intelligent and capable than man alone.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Now it doesn't seem like a bad idea at first glance, but the best thing to do is to hold off until the 'bugs' have been worked out.
This would have beneficial results as well as dubious, beneficial as it will stop a lot of diseases, age etc. But with one hand giving, there will be a hand taking. how do we know we can trust the suppliers not to have alliterative motives. You have some tech burrowing through your brain, how do we know what it will be implanting, or if it become corrupted, how do we know it wont do much worse damage? Would we become susceptible to computer viruses?

I think we remember the Borg from Star Trek, there wasn't any good points.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yeah, that's our best bet!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gyoung88

Yay!! We'll soon be exploring the galaxy with this at Transwarp speeds!!

Only that our thoughts will not be our own, but the collective..

All I can say is good luck and watch out for Species 8472!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
Now it doesn't seem like a bad idea at first glance, but the best thing to do is to hold off until the 'bugs' have been worked out.
This would have beneficial results as well as dubious, beneficial as it will stop a lot of diseases, age etc. But with one hand giving, there will be a hand taking. how do we know we can trust the suppliers not to have alliterative motives. You have some tech burrowing through your brain, how do we know what it will be implanting, or if it become corrupted, how do we know it wont do much worse damage? Would we become susceptible to computer viruses?

I think we remember the Borg from Star Trek, there wasn't any good points.

Yeah kind of like a new Operating system, sometimes it's best to wait a while until they fix bugs and make updates.

Anyway about this subject, it really is quite obvious this is where humanity is heading, we use technology all the time, communicating across the world, listen to music etc etc, we are already half borg haha.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yeah, most humans are more computer than compassion. It's sad really. It's all about numbers and quotas and 'everyone else can go to hell'. Where's the love?

Hopefully I'm not a borg. It's like a cast member from the Office once said "If you don't know a Michael Scott, you ARE Michael Scott!"

top topics

join