It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{Hoax} WHO Level 6 and Zombies???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Here is something I stumbled across while "surfing"...

Opinions???

Did WHO "switch" their levels to a combined 5/6 to throw us off???

EU quarantines London in flu panic
bouncewith.me.uk...

There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in London due to mutation of the H1N1 virus into new strain: H1Z1.

Similar to a scare originally found in Cambodia back in 2005, victims of a new strain of the swine flu virus H1N1 have been reported in London.

After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”
More at Link...

And it led me to this...

Cambodian Troops Quarantine Quan'sul
web.archive.com

There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in a small town near the border of Laos in North-Eastern Cambodia.

The culprit was discovered to be mosquitoes native to that region carrying a new strain of Malaria which thus far has a 100 percent mortality rating killing victims in fewer than 2 days.

After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”
More at Link...

[edit on 5/1/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I made the mistake of starting a thread of the same topic about 10 min ago . I think its a counterfeit page .

We were tricked , I do believe

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
That is awesome. I always wanted to be in night of the living dead. A world full of Zombies. What could be better than that.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Woah ho ho man!!

Freakin cool and freaking Scary,

Just about to log off ATS, saw this, thought I'd check it out.

YOU my friend get a major star and flag for this!

Zombism. From H1N1. Jesus Christ, who would of thougth.

Lord F-in Krishna, unbelievable, i'm at a complete loss for words, thought I would write like crazy but i'm in shock!! A kinda good shock, just how amazing this is.

Straight out of Pet Cemetary.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
The first link you posted is not from the BBC. It appears to be a spoof website. I am trying to find some additional information on it. The second appears to be an archive of the same spoof website. Basically, the website is looking quite suspicious to me. I will post more when I find something.

Edit:

And found it... from the source code:

A ha! So you know to look at the source code! Yes, this is a slight play off of the old Cambodian zombie story that was originally an april fools joke which can (not) be found at:
65.127.124.62.wstub.archive.org... (no longer works, you'll have to use archive.org).

Just made a few changes to fit the current news, changed the date, and that's aboot it. This was originally intended as a simple joke among friends. Honestly, this swine flu virus has been blown way out of proportion, and I think we're all a victim of a world of high school students, looking for the latest gossip or car crash.

You can find a snopes article that verifies this is a false news story here: www.snopes.com...

[edit on 2009/5/1 by TLomon]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
zombism? sounds like your average friday night in any uk town.And yes i think this is a false story also.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Edit for being mistaken.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Republican08]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Yep you are right and I pointed out how it does appear to be a fake story , I have also tried to point that out in the thread I started earlier as well

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I just watched 28 days later, and now this thread, weird. But it doesn't sound real to me. Scary though!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I am very concerned by your enthusiasm

I don't think it's healthy to wish for and actually believe there could be a zombie outbreak....

[edit on 1/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I can't believe anyone would really believe this...

You will be seeing this on the onion news pretty soon.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
OK...I get it now...I was so afraid of this happening...

All the rest of the page links and looks to be BBC...Hmmm...

But what about the "new" WHO level chart?

www.who.int...

Did they "combine" 5 and 6???

Looks different to me from earlier...basically no difference???

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Ok well it is looking like a hoax...but the Dutch boy in the BBC article is real. He is just still alive we presume!
Dutch confirm swine flu case in three year-old

Dutch health authorities have confirmed a first case of swine flu in the Netherlands in a three year-old who had recently returned from Mexico, the health ministry said on Thursday.
The Dutch case was in a child who had returned from a trip to Mexico on April 27, officials said. The parents, who were not infected with the flu, are to be given preventative medicine.

www.alertnet.org...

LOOK!

The Swiss government said a 19-year-old student with swine flu was mistakenly released from the hospital and then hastily readmitted. The Dutch said a 3-year-old child who recently returned from Mexico had contracted swine flu and was being treated and recovering well.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Don't be concerned. I get enthusiastic about anything that is possibly a thing we can study to improve our life, the whole skit of fighting zombies was a joke to make that clear.

Study something that keeps you alive after death or resurect you, would amaze me. Don't worry I'm not a apocalyptic guy. Check some of my posts and you'll see.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

www.who.int...

The page was updated today. It appears they just clarified what 5 and 6 are. 5 is within one region, 6 is multi-region. Realistically, they are handled the same, so the boxes are merged.

Edit: Added quote so my statement makes more sense.

[edit on 2009/5/1 by TLomon]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hon, your brain stops functioning immediately at death and cannot be "restarted" after clinical death by a virus or any disease. Those cells die very rapidly and can't be regenerated. Ever hear of "brain dead?"

Any spasms or violent outbursts would be found in a living person whose central nervous system is being destroyed by a virus or lack of oxygen. You'd be too far gone and too uncoordinated to walk around like the Night of the Living Dead!

Still, I can't help but chuckle at you knuckleheads that fell for this!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Hon, your brain stops functioning immediately at death and cannot be "restarted" after clinical death by a virus or any disease. Those cells die very rapidly and can't be regenerated. Ever hear of "brain dead?"

Any spasms or violent outbursts would be found in a living person whose central nervous system is being destroyed by a virus or lack of oxygen. You'd be too far gone and too uncoordinated to walk around like the Night of the Living Dead!

Still, I can't help but chuckle at you knuckleheads that fell for this!

It's 1 AM were I am, been up for a very very very long time, hook line and sinkered me. I'm getting sleep, well deserved sleep.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
OK...I get it now...I was so afraid of this happening...

All the rest of the page links and looks to be BBC...Hmmm...

www.who.int...

They revised the chart. There were several articles that were published and reported that WHO has revised the chart. Then...the publishing was retracted.

Even WHO has a revision on the chart that just appeared today.

In the 2009 revision of the phase descriptions, WHO has retained the use of a six-phased approach for easy incorporation of new recommendations and approaches into existing national preparedness and response plans. The grouping and description of pandemic phases have been revised to make them easier to understand, more precise, and based upon observable phenomena. Phases 1–3 correlate with preparedness, including capacity development and response planning activities, while Phases 4–6 clearly signal the need for response and mitigation efforts. Furthermore, periods after the first pandemic wave are elaborated to facilitate post pandemic recovery activities.

www.who.int...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Woah ho ho man!!

Freakin cool and freaking Scary,

Just about to log off ATS, saw this, thought I'd check it out.

YOU my friend get a major star and flag for this!

Zombism. From H1N1. Jesus Christ, who would of thougth.

Lord F-in Krishna, unbelievable, i'm at a complete loss for words, thought I would write like crazy but i'm in shock!! A kinda good shock, just how amazing this is.

Straight out of Pet Cemetary.

LMAO! Well at least if there ever were a Zombie outbreak we've all seen enough movies to know what to do.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Actually all the zombie movies have taught me what NOT to do haha.
Don't get me wrong I love zombies and all and live out my fantasy in zombie video games but I'm sure people will understand what I mean about the movies you know those moments where you're yelling at the screen saying "no no you dumb _____ dont do that don't go in there why are you looking back no dont do that" even the ones who live wouldn't live if it were real life which makes me love those movies all that much and more.

My zombie survival guide might finally come to use some day haha.

"go up high and destroy the stairs!"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join