It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*takes a big breath*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
*takes a big breath*

I am gonna leap here, I hope someone can catch me and help me....

I said when I posted my 'Hello' that something happened a few weeks back. Well not really 'happened' more like reminded me.

I'm gonna give a little background info first tho. I was raised by my dad and my step-mom. Pop never seemed religious to me, but my step-mom was always searching. She drug me to a 7th day Adventist church, penicostal church and a baptist church. I never much cared for any of them TBH. I went, I made friends and left the religion alone. Or so I thought.

So here's the memory that has brought me here and to a sense of awareness...

I was playin with my very favoritest ball in the 'dinning room'. (I put that like that because later my dad put up a wall and it became my bedroom) As I was walking towards the closet I looked at the wall. And there was a picture of (I'm gonna sound like a crazy person but here goes. there was no pictures of him in our house anywhere) Jesus. But not a picture. Why not a pic? It talked to me. I was prolly 7-ish.

I stared at it becase it looked sooo real.. like he could just walk out of it. So.. all I can remember of that conversation is.. "do you know who I am?" he asked "of course, you are jesus" Thats all I remember of the conversation. I wasnt scared or worried or freaking out because the wall was talking to me.

I remember going to school and telling a friend "I saw Jesus on my wall". She told everyone, which of course she would. I got razzed and made fun of for a long time. I promised never to tell another soul about this. This is why I think it was a memory not a dream.

I had forgotten about this until a few weeks ago. I had a dream of it. But not really. I was standing in the corner watching my younger self talk to the picture. I was amazed.. I didnt miss a step when he just appeared there. And still I have no more info about what was said after 'of course, you are jesus'.

So I seem stuck. Was it just a whacked out dream? Or did it happen? Why would it happen? I had no particular religon... I am stuck.

Can anyone give me some guidance on what I can do to suss this out so I can move past it?

Hugs,
Dax

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, that is what is also called Visions or revelations. Be proud of your experience and keep it intact in your memory as something very special, because that is wat it was.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
...religion and faith are two different things...

Being 'religious' doesn't inherently provide someone with any special connection to God/s/call him/it/whomever what you will.
Nor does not being 'religious' exclude you from it.

As the saying goes: "Standing in a church makes you a Christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car"

...just my opinion anyway...

Peace.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...religion and faith are two different things...

Being 'religious' doesn't inherently provide someone with any special connection to God/s/call him/it/whomever what you will.
Nor does not being 'religious' exclude you from it.

As the saying goes: "Standing in a church makes you a Christian as much as standing in a garage makes you a car"

...just my opinion anyway...

Peace.

Thats not really what I meant. I was trying to explain that I had no vested intrest either way at that point in my life is all. I knew enough about religion to know who it was but I have no idea why or.. well why.

Hugs,
Dax

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Wow that's an experience for you.

I couldn't tell you what it was. Being only 7 years old you're imagination is budding.

Do you believe what you saw was real? I think this is the only way we could explain it to you. If you believe what you saw was real than take it as a religious experience.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyfrompain
Wow that's an experience for you.

I couldn't tell you what it was. Being only 7 years old you're imagination is budding.

Do you believe what you saw was real? I think this is the only way we could explain it to you. If you believe what you saw was real than take it as a religious experience.

I think it was real. I did go to school and talk about it as I said. That is the biggest reason I think it is a memory and not really a dream. If it was real I have to ask why dont I remember the rest of the conversation? It has really been bugging me lately. I dont know what to do about it.

Dax

new topics

top topics

join