It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Threat level" is at 5?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
What "threat level?" OH. You mean the phases of a pandemic? That thing? I would hardly consider that a "threat level."

I imagine I'm not among a minority when I say that I'm kind of tired of ATS attempting to sensationalize this "Swine Flu" pandemic. I think the new RED headline is a perfect example of this, by not calling it "Phase 5," but a "threat level," as if it's a terrorist attack.

Who are the fear mongerers now? Who's trying to bring up memories of the DHS and their threat advisory system, and equate that with what's going on now?

I don't mind the forum, I find it informative, but the big red SWINE FLU ALERT crap everywhere needs to stop. In all reality, you're becoming what you hate. Pot, meet kettle.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Completely agree as soon as i logged in and saw that big red banner i shook my head in disappointment.Atleast we have members with common sense and intellect here to bring us back down to earth from all the hysteria MSM is creating,but it seems ATS is trying to capitalize on this as much as the media is.Then again just about every thread created right now is about it so maybe i understand..but the red in the banner,the word alert and signifying the number 5 all looks a bit sneaky to me...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but I know an ER doctor in DENVER and he says the hospital is busy with people wanting to be checked. He said they will know by tonight or tomorrow if there are any cases of swine flu in COLORADO. He says there is a backlog at the CDC.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Its really a testement to how sheepish all the "sheep-haters" here really are.
(@ them)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hey,the site is getting more hits so anything to increase traffic is good business-wise I suppose.It is a kind of sleazy way to increase hits for ATS but they are not the only ones doing it.

[edit on 093030p://1126 by mike dangerously]

[edit on 093030p://1126 by mike dangerously]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

I agree. It's pretty ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Does anyone else think this tread is going to be closed, and a mod is going to refer it to the ATS issues thread.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
.but the red in the banner,the word alert and signifying the number 5 all looks a bit sneaky to me...

What's so "sneaky" about it?...It's right in your face.

I dunno, so far I'm just not convinced of the extremity that this SwineFlu is being projected on MSM and even here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't know if I would go off on ATS frankly...the media itself is the one freaking people out. This just goes to show humanity's readiness and willingness to panic at the drop of a flu bug

sigh...

-Kyo

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I agree. A big red banner with the phrase "swine flue pandemic threat now at level 5" in all caps seems a little to close to fear mongering to me.

If they want a link to all the swine flue threads that is grea, I agree it is needed to make this site more organized however does the link really need to be like it is?

It looks as if it is suggesting that we all should panic and run in circles, screaming our heads off or something silly like that.

Oh well, It is an attention grabber and I suppose that is what the three amigos were going for so people will know where to look for the swine flu threads. Ugh

top topics

join