It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Hospitalised - 36,000 dead!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Hi,

Just to put this hype in to perspective, in the U.S.A last year there were 200,000 people hospitalised due to Flu (normal flu) with 36,000 Flu related deaths!!!

Source - CDC

Now...please ask yourself this, do you spend your days worrying about catching the normal flu? Do you stockpile face masks? Does your government advise against travel to the US due to this? NO NO NO!
Depsite the fact that the normal flu affected thousands of times more people than swine flu!

Move on people, nothing to see here. The only killing going on is the one the pharmaceautical and face mask companies are making on sales!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Jeez would you trolls please go the heck away. We've heard this arguement before and youre talking about MULTIPLE strains of flu and its 20k in the US not 36k. And we can go on and on.

/in troll

THE FLU THAT KILLS PEOPLE EVERY YEAR DOES NOT JUMP FROM ANIMALS TO HUMANS AND CANNOT JUMP BACK TO ANIMALS FROM HUMANS. READ AN EFFING ARTICLE ALREADY QUIT TROLLING! A PHD KNOWS A HECK OF A LOT MORE THAN WHATS COMING OUT OF YOUR MOUTH OMG ARE YOU A DISINFO AGENT OR SOMETHING? IM GOING TO START TYPING IN ALL CAPS IN RESPONSE TO TROLLS AMG THIS IS WORSE THAN DYING OF THE FLU!!

/troll off

LOL couldnt resist, thats pretty much what you trolls look like to me except youre on the other side of the arguement.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stratsys-sws

The 1918 pandemic killed upwards of 50 million people world wide. A similar pandemic today could kill 3x that wold wide. Just because it hasn't happened YET, doesn't mean it won't.

You have to look at the BIG picture, not just what is happening right in front of your face.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Everyone knows this is pure fear mongering by the media and government,the people that don't and think this is some ploy by the NWO/illuminati/anti-christ will get their knickers in a twist from just about anything they read.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
:shk:

The 1918 pandemic that killed tens of millions started out the exact same way that this Swine/Avian/Human Hybrid Mexican Weaponized Flu is starting out.

It starts out mild and then spreads and develops ... mutating into a killer.

It's SMART to be informed and alert to what the changing details are.

OY.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Memysabu,

Not at all sensationalist are you? Please don't call me a troll, I'm simply extracting information from a CDC article, that if you could be bothered to read would clearly state it is 36k people, not the 20k figure that is "coming out of your mouth" It's simple forum etiquette to actually read a full post and it's sources before name calling and flaming. Etiquette is something you cleary don't possess.

As for jumping between animal and humans, I'm not that worried about that. I spend a lot more time with humans that I do animals, and find animals much easier to avoid. Perhaps you are concerned because you spend a little too much time, a little too close to animals.....if you know what i mean!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I disagree.........Don't move on......That is what the government is wanting us to do....be the good sheeple as we are.

I am not saying panic but focus on what the government is doing. Who is profiting form all of this, who owns stock in what companies, Why was the 1918 and 1976 strains created in a lab? Why do the numbers in Mexico not add up, Why does the US government own the pig farm in the area in Mexico where all of this started? Ask questions............And what the hell is Baxter intentions? Who is behind Baxter, Why all the microbiologist deaths?.............Ask questions get informed......

This is not time to turn our heads.............

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
every once and a while nature thins the heard of the slow,week and ignorant..It is nature...time will tell op,time will tell

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Its real simple this is the third time this article has been posted and you did zero research. This is not THE FLU. This is a flu that crosses multiple species barriers. Thats not the flu and you came here spreading disinfo how do you expect to be recieved?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Hi Cloud,

How pleasant to read a polite post! Thank you!

I totally agree with you in that the goverments, pharmaceautical firms etc are the ones profitting! That's why I say move on......the more people panic the more they spend on anti-virals, tissues with bleach in, face masks etc, and the more they stop focusing on what's really happening in the world!

Simple formula;

Start mass flu crisis = goverment receiving less attention so may do what it wants without people noticing + corporations making millions from the sheep!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Memysabu,

You are right, I didn't spot the other post with a similar subject. As a an ATS member of several years that was a mistake, sorry. However, the number of similar posts of this nature pales in to insignificance compared to the other panic related threads, yet they are not accused of trolling!

Surely your initial response was the definitive troll!

I'm expressing an opinion which is curretly statistically supported by government figures. Last year on average 547 people were hospitalised every day by normal flu.....that makes this swine flu look like a minor cold in comparison yet people are panicking....can you not see the real conspiracy here????

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What a complete load of crap.

This government decided to release a virus that has the ability to become a true global monster killing millions just to get your attention away from the budget. Even though this potential killing virus would bankrupt the entire world.

Do you realize how retarded that sounds.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I can't believe how many people I've come across on all the various flu threads who are talking like this is some run of the mill flu. I mean alot people are REALLY not getting it . You'd think with all the media attention, WHO emergency briefings, daily DCD conferences, presidents and prime ministers on the TV , virologists, biologists and other scientists talking about it, all the articles etc that it WOULD be understood this is not the same problem as seasonal flu but nope, heads are still in the sand.

Maybe someone with the time and inclination could start a thread about "why this is NOT the same as normal flu".....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

Hi Alexiss,

I've never suggested that the government released the virus, that is utter sensationalist rubbish which you will find in several of the other threads, I'm mearly suggesting they may be taking advantage of the fact that it is happening!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Hi Cosmic,

Yeah I agree, that certainly seems to be the general opinion. I've watched the briefings, I've seen the articles, I've even spoken with the experts (Our company works with the HPA and specifically the CDSC at Collindale) and as yet the evidence does not live up to the hype!!

Sorry for having an opinion...I'm just going on current empirical evidence, and not theories, conjecture and speculation from the same people who had us all terrified during the avian flu scare!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is becoming a real problem for people, not just here on ATS, but several well known forums, to many chef's in the Kitchen, dozens of different opinions, advice to steer clear of Tamiflu and other products.

Does anyone actually know the truth? does anyone have an inkling as to which advice is right?

Surely spreading the wrong information is likely to put lives in danger even kill some, this is why people are becoming paranoid, and when people are paranoid, they don't think straight, again it puts lives in jeopardy.

Myself I have already made plans for if this does mutate into something even more deadly, Tamiflu is now not an option, because there are so many different opinions, a lot of it just plain old scaremonger tactics, but I have a feeling those who are doing that to instil fear, will have questions to face when all this is over and more facts are known.

You know it's fine to have an opinion, but base it on facts, not just a gut feeling, and all this absolute crap that's been spilling over for over a year now, you know the crap I'm talking about, this Americanising of ATS, you know it doesn't matter if your not American, of course it bloody matters, sure America has problems, so does the rest of this Planet.

Until we start forgetting about invisible borders, then we give TPTB permission to do what they like, stand up for a change and do something about it, instead of waiting for someone else to get off their ass and do it for you, for the sake of the Human race. stop fighting with each other and really take control of your lives, remove those who you think are bringing us all down, until then, don't waste your time.

Their going to complain anyway, it's not just ignorance being fought against here.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
While this might be out of the ordinary, it's not extraordinary. Every 20-30 years we have a pandemic of sorts. There was the Hong Kong flu back in the late 1960s. I even had that as a kid.

Also, ALL influenza mutates through the passing of the virus from fowl, to swine, to human. Pigs are the intermediate 'lab' in which the virus recombines.

Normally, no virus that a bird has can transfer directly to humans. HOWEVER, this is the threat of the Avian flu that we've been hearing about in the last few years. Meaning that there now is a bird specific virus that has mutated and is able to infect humans. The danger is that our immune systems are defenseless towards it.

This Swine Flu that we're hearing about now is H1N1 made from four different flu viruses – North American Mexican influenza, North American avian influenza, human influenza, and swine influenza virus typically found in Asia and Europe.

So this Swine flu isn't anything special. This is just a 'mix' that we haven't seen before, so it's hitting people rather hard and has some particular aspects that affect that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bf1d6f25fbe.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Jadette]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Jadette]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Not only do I personally believe that the virus was released by government operatives, but I believe two viruses were released. I believe the killer was released in Mexico and another simalar one was released in the US for vaccination purposes and that's why it's milder. The baby that died from the swine flu was from Mexico. I have no definate proof except that even the scientists are scratching their heads as to why one is mild and the other sopposedly from the same virus is a killer.

If I wanted to pull off something so evil where I wanted to use a boi weapon, I would want to create a weaker virus to use to make my people create the antibodies to prevent a catch of the killer one. This way no one needs to line up for needles. You only need your neighbor to cough around you.

That being said, I treat all viruses the same. I wash my hands often, don't pick my nose, and don't touch my eyes. And I hold my breath when someone near me sneezes and walk away.

Notice in this article how there was the killer virus and another flu at the same time.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This thread is a duplicate.

Discussion should be taking place on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join