It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The obvious reason why people in the U.S. aren't dying

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If you think about the amount of infected people in Mexico in relation to the amount of deaths, there aren't that many, and considering there aren't nearly as many infected people in the U.S., combined with the fact that the U.S. has better health care, it is too early for there to be deaths. When more and more people get infected I wouldn't be surprised to see the U.S's infected/death ratio to near Mexico's.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

good point.

mortality is around 9,3%

so we should have only 5 case of death now as there are 68 confirmed cases. taking in account the better service in USA it can go down quite much, but it looks like we are not that far away.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am still in wait and see mode here. I don't think they have been properly diagnosing this yet. So the real numbers of infected people and deaths isn't really apparent. Let's see where we are in a few weeks now that doctors seem to know what to look for.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I would agree with Karl. This thing hasn't run its course yet.

Right now, for the few cases in the US, the medical community can tag team the victims.

Wait until the numbers pile up and start to overwhelm the medical community.

Then you're basically on your own.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I wonder if the reporting from Mexico is acurate, seems like there are alot of people calculating a body count based on what the mexican gov. is telling the rest of the world , could there be more cases than we know about ?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I heard in the news today but I'm not sure from who because everyone is covering it, but that the reason the people died in Mexico was because they had the swine flu and type B influenza. It just overpowered their immune system. We already had flu type B here in the US. If this is true than this swine version is not lethal if caught in time, at least not unless it mutates again into something more lethal. It's just the flu, and the panic is for nothing... maybe.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Perhaps another reason for the difference could be that in America people are far more likely to seek medical care at the first signs of illness whereas mexicans perhaps only go to the doctors when the symptoms become unbearable and therefore more likely to be fatal.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
No no no... We're just afraid to admit that the pharmaceuticals in our water are actually having an effect on our bodies.
But seriously, we're all still speculating right now as to why nobody is reported to have died from the swine flu in the US. Better diets could be a reason, who knows. Too early to tell.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuarl

This theory doesn't take into account the BBC eyewitness reports from Mexican doctors, who were vaccinated AND still fell ill and (in a few cases) died.

I'm sure some people would wait until the last minute before seeking medical advice - I certainly would be among those. But do you really think doctors wouldn't take appropriate precautions, knowing what was at risk?

It is too easy to resort to the conclusion (media doesn't help) that all Mexican swine flu casualties are country bumpkins who don't know any better - instead of the many students, professionals and medical folk who live there and who have been infected.

While I'm sure there are some poor unlucky ppl who don't have access to decent health care, that doesn't seem to be the case for everyone. Just trying to point out that the answer to why there are swine flu deaths in Mexico and not elsewhere, may be more complex than we think.

I am thinking possibly a combination of mutated strain and affected numbers.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I think they have and will die here. I also think it will be encouraged not to be reported. I know what I saw in the ER tonight. The place was full of what looked like flu cases. they had beds out in the waiting room. I was just hospitalized there last week and the place was dead.

Where i live is over 50 percent spanish and I am close to a border. I KNOW it is here. I know what I saw.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
another Huge obvious reason is that mexico is a third world country and the united states is not. Over there vendors sell food on the streets without proper santitaion and flies buzzing around. The water over there is mostly undrinkable. I bet these deaths are from people who already had poor health or had another condition.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
by the way the one death that took place in the united states was a Mexican boy. He was visiting here in the United States.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Gonna just propose something here, just an idea.

What if this flu is killing people in Mexico because it is just better at killing people of Hispanic descent? I mean if it is a GM virus, then this stops illeagal immigration, drug war, etc. Maybe it was designed this way, I haven't heard of any people of other genetic heritages getting seriously ill yet.

Anyways, just a theory. Who knows?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Personally, numbers wise, it is reaching pandemic proportions, but I am not going to worry about it. I had three severe chest infections one on top of the other. I was given an antihistamine to open my airways, and a heavy dose of antibiotics (I have a low immune system) I survived against the odds.

My chest infections strange enough tied in with the chemtrails spraying at that time. Also, it was a strange viral infection and the numbers of the people infected in the city was proportionally high. I don't recall any large number of deaths.

I still think this virus is man-made, and I wonder if the chest infections that tied in with the chemtrail spraying. I think the chemtrail spraying was some kind of experiment to enhance depopulation. The fact that there is a combination of human,avian, and porcine suggests to me a man-made virus using those prions to enhance it's potential.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Pretty sure a young kid died in Houston.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think we should also take into account home remedies. Home remedies in Mexico are common and this could also explain why many have died there. They were treating themselves and by the time they got diagnosed by a doctor it was basically too late.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oneinthesame

The same thought has also crossed my mind. Viruses can be engineered to seek out certain blood groups or antigens. I have always believed eugenics to be alive and well within certain elitist groups.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There are a lot of counterfeit drugs in Mexico and that may be one of the problems.
Along with the lack of doctors in many rural areas.

all this can cause a higher mortality rate for this Mexican flu

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

If that being the case, wouldn't Mexico be the ideal place to launch a man-made virus? A place where the virus would spread and mutate in a sustainable environment.

I have been watching the internet and the forums, along with YOUTUBE, and DISCLOSE TV, along with OUT THERE TV, or MATRIX NEWS. The launch of a bio weapon at this level has been planned for some time by those in power. Check out how long the FEMA camps have been set up, along with the trains etc.

I was anticipating something like this from what I have been seeing on the internet. Before I came across the FEMA camps etc. online; I sensed something big was about to happen that would make 9/11 seem insignificant in the numbers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join