It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quiet Before The Storm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Anyone notice the startling lack of news over the last few days?

Even on ATSNN, we had all in a row, 'N. Korean Train Crash', 'Emergency Election Bill Passed', 'US under martial law by June 2004', then.. well, those are still there.. The world has gone virtually 'quiet' over the last 5 days or so.. And the quote that came to mind was that this was the quiet before the storm.

Anyrate, not anything amazing. Just interesting that there is such a lack of news..

30+ views and no replies? Nothing to comment, no ridicule, no fear, nothing at all?

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by Viendin]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If it helps, I think the moon is on the wane? Or is it the wax? Never can get those two right.

Like you, I get kind of antsy when there is no news....or what I consider significant news being reported. Had CNN on most all afternoon but finally turned it off because all I was hearing in the background was Michael Jackson....blah, blah, blah.

If I knew tiddly about astrology, I'd be running a horoscope for what's the next big world/national event to get people aggitated.

Like you, I get uneasy when things go quiet.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by radstar]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
no news is good news in my opinion. i try not to be too paranoid, as hard as that can be sometimes... and astrology is crap. i can give you a ton of reasons why too if you want.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I agree, I felt the same way before the Iraqi War, as I recall, everything seemed so peaceful. Hopefully this 'silence' will blow over.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think NK is hiding something about the crash, either it killed more people then their willing to deem media friendly or it killed some people that they need an that would cause a uproar if found out. something is fishy in the foxhole.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Its quiet because the people who report the news have been taken out .... or silenced. Some things you will never hear of again....

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Earlier today, I listened to a report on Fox about how the NK thought they were being nuked.

brother, could that have gotten out of hand fast. Like I don't even want to go there.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here's an idea... How about we all embrace the silence and peacefullness while it lasts??

The world is back to normal for a few days... thank god

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
don't get your hopes up, the worlds not gonna be back to normal for a looooooooong time, IMO.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by radstar
Earlier today, I listened to a report on Fox about how the NK thought they were being nuked.

Well, good thing they're not as rash as most of us believe. It's a good thing to know that they were patient enough to evaluate the situation before throwing nuke our way.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The world is never quiet... Many people lived and died today.

If your basing this 'silence' on the lack of major news by the whores of exploitation then you won't have to wait too long... And they'll drudge up whatever they can in the meantime to keep you satisfied.

Keep on shadowboxing the apocalypse... But for god's sake, don't sit around and wait for it and act as though it were a guest that didn't show up.

-Shadowboxing courtesy of Bob Weir and Co.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Perhaps its just been a slow news day. Not to mention the fact that North Korea isn't exactly accesable to information.

But then again, maybe they are keeping things mum on purpose.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've got it. The whole world was watching basketball games today.

Everybody took the day off including Death.

Only the women wanting to control their own physical destinies got in an uproar today by marching on Washington, 500 to 800 thousand strong. Rah NOW!

Oh, yeah, the backlash, Christian right also showed up to toss paintballs at the R vs. W. signs carried by the NOW marchers.

Found that news at www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
For one thing, it's the weekend. Except for the Sunday a.m. news shows, the crews of most news organizations are skeleton and made of of second and third tier people. If "something" were to occur, it would take them forever to react . They would have to bring in the "big boys" before anything "substantial" would be said, done, or reported.
My ex was in radio news and I was familiar with this phenom. The night that Gorby "suddenly" stepped down due to "ill health" years back, CNN made an announcement and I sat up for 4 hours waiting to hear if I were crazy or if I'd really heard something that was major news and no one was reporting it. I began to think I was the crazy one. Finally, about 4 a.m., the "big boys" came on t.v., all in a tizzy, and "reacting" to news that had come over Reuters hours before.
The weekend aside, there DOES seems to be an eerie "calm before the storm" feeling around. We were actually discussing it at the coffee shop today. However, most of our coffee shop speculations are pretty wacky anyway.
joey

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Bah, news is back now anyway.. Even moreso than major networks, the ATSNN page sat still from late Thursday until this morning, and that's not a common thing, even with the weekend sitting in there.

Thanks for your replies, folks.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I've got the feeling that something's coming to...
Especially since I live in England, we've had something coming for a while, we're going to get something soon, and Blair's gonna have to wake up and smell the chaos that he's caused.

new topics

top topics

join