It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Offshores 22,000 green jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

www.expressbuzz.com

BANGALORE: As the Obama government gets ready to raise a protectionist wall against offshoring, the US firms seem to be shipping more jobs to India.

The US firms have offshored 22,000 green technology jobs to India since January 1, 2009, Doug Brown, co-author of the influential 2009 Green Outsourcing Report, informed TNIE.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.expressbuzz.com

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I find this to be an unbelievable move by the US government with the current job losses we are experiencing. For our government to ship these high tech jobs oversea’s to non-tax paying workers. For our benefit?

I feel this is a complete stab in the back to the American people. Why is this not in main stream news?

Fed-Up!

www.expressbuzz.com

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by auntie_11k

www.expressbuzz.com

BANGALORE: As the Obama government gets ready to raise a protectionist wall against offshoring, the US firms seem to be shipping more jobs to India.

The US firms have offshored 22,000 green technology jobs to India since January 1, 2009, Doug Brown, co-author of the influential 2009 Green Outsourcing Report, informed TNIE.

Related News Links:
www.expressbuzz.com

They don't care about us "little people' citizens. If they did, the Fed would be gone, inflation and deflation would be gone, diseases would be cured, viruses would not be engineered, and woh cares where the jobs go when Obama is starting the NEW WORLD ORDER and he is giving jobs to the WORLD, get it? I hope you note my sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
You are correct, they don’t care about us at all. This article just really ticks me off.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The companies are outsourcing jobs because of taxation and market regulations. There is a simple solution to the problem: Anarcho-Capitalism

TA

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Tax the products when they come back into the US.

This should have been done for every ex US product in the last 20 years.
about a 20% tax.

Then we would not have the tax deficits we have in the US today.

We would also not have the unemployment we have today because many of the companies would not have left if they could not have made as much money by going offshore.

you will find that many US CEOs also have extra Income from going offshore that they hide in offshore banks and do not pay taxes on.
start hunting down this money and taxing the CEO for it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
yep, we need to do something. I think it's getting really crazy. Some one commented that worlds have been through this type of trial before. true. Maybe I'm wrong but I think people have really bad mental proplems now more than ever. Societies under constant stress. I think it's one thing to worry about a job, but now it's like worring about dying at a moments notice, violently. I feel alot are numb.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by auntie_11k

It's not the governments decision. Private companies are doing this. Governments have very little control over the real economy because every cent of their money comes from taxing the real economy. The best they can do to try to keep jobs here is keep taxes low and massive government spending is going to make that hard. Protectionism is the other method but it hasn't worked well in the past. So the best bet is to keep taxes as low as possible, not set minimum wage too high, keep unions in check and make sure American workers are well trained and educated.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This government seriously needs to do something about all of this outsourcing going on and they need to do it fast. Maybe they should try bringing back tariffs on imported goods and institute tax breaks for American companies that manufacture their products in America and companies that do not outsource to other countries.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

This government seriously needs to do something about all of this outsourcing

It isn't that they need to do something, it's that they need to stop doing something: taxation and regulation. Taxing companies into the ground is what is causing them to vacate the country and if this administration has its way, things are only going to get worse. (see cap-and-trade)

TA

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by The Associate

I believe that i mentioned something about reducing taxes on American companies that manufacture their products in America, and companies that do nopt outsource jobs to other countries. As well as suggesting that they bring back tariffs on imported goods. If they would institute a plan like that American companies would be able to better compete with countries like China and India, and would not have the need to outsource.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by chise61]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I raised this VERY question when Obama was pushing his "creation of jobs" agenda as part of the stimulus package that he pushed out. But no one on the Obama side was even willing to discuss THAT possibility. They were just trumpeting the fact that he was creating jobs and blindly going along with creating a trillion in debt for our children and grandchildren.

This is a GLOBAL economy. The U.S. economy hasn't been xenophobic ever and we're sure as heck not about to start now. But maybe people will continue to wake up to the fact that politicians cater to profits and big businesses, not matter what partisanship they claim to be part of.

top topics

join