It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wired magazine on the Georgia Guidestones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
www.wired.com...

A Fascinating look at the 'American Stonehenge' With Bits of exclusive interview with the man who was involved with assiting the Unknown man Robert C. Christian.

I did learn some new things here, in this pretty good article, a good read. if you know about the stones or not

[edit on 27-4-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I must have been living under a rock (or Capstone) the last decade because that Wired Article was the first time I had heard of the Georgia Guidestones.

I was so fascinated I spent the morning doing all kinds of research on them!

I thought it was odd that Wired conveniently didn't mention that R.C. Christian was a thinly-veiled play on the name Christian R.C. (Rosenkreutz), the central figure portrayed as the author of the primary three Rosicrucian Manifestos.

I also thought it was odd that they didn't point out the obvious misspellings on the Monument and it's Capstone. I can't imagine they were accidental considering the cost and scale of the project.

So, my personal project this week, is to design a monument that I would want to leave behind to future generations. I'm going to make a scale version out of clay and have it fired. (I love when the News actually motivates me to do useful things!)

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

It is four pages long btw
dont forget to click next when you read the first.

It is mentioned about the play on letters in his name, in mentioning someones theorys on the origin.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
that was an enjoyable read, but hey i dont know what the future holds i anit a psyhic, so fingres crossed and all works out for the best.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Great post thank for the find.

Some of those pictures and diagrams are the best I have seen of the Guide stones.

It has made me think why they have used so many languages on the monument.

Could it be a kind of Rosetta stone for modern day languages?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Interesting read. I had never heard of them before which is kind of surprising.

I find it odd that more people have not put forth their opinions , good and bad, given the opportunity that today's access to electronic outlets provide.

Just curious, but has this ever come up on Coast to Coast or similar programs that cover this sort of thing? I've heard all about things like the Coral Castle but not this.

It is kind of "new age" in its design and I'm surprised that more effort wasn't made to either prevent the project or take it down with the text and message that it portrays, especially in the religious south. Where was the local pastor whipping up the congregation to stop this work of the devil, etc? It seems like everybody involved, directly or not, just kind of sat back and said that maybe we can make a few bucks and let it happen. I also wonder what the farmer who sold the land feels about strangers tromping around to look at the thing. Maybe he's charging for parking and selling T-shirts or something.

I would. Anyway, thanks. One of the more intriguing subjects I've read lately that doesn't concern the damn flu.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

Good point about the Rosetta Stone idea, don't know why I missed that. Must be in a fog today (OH NO...maybe I have the flu!!)

I also got to wondering about the location. I looked it up on Google Earth and it seems pretty out of the way and would probably escape anything but a direct hit in some future war but why Georgia? I understand the site is near the granite quarry but from the story it appeared that money wasn't an object so why not locate them where they would be guaranteed to survive not only dramatic events but the ravages of nature as well.

The site is near some major rivers and is only a little over 700 feet above sea level. Plus, last time I checked Georgia is a pretty moist place most of the time and also in the direct path of some major hurricanes. The main reason that the pyramids are still around is because they're out in the middle of the blessed desert and haven't been exposed to a lot of weather erosion. The Central American cultures that were literally swallowed up by the jungle come to mind as a good idea of where these stones would end up, given the collapse of civilization. Somewhere out in Arizona or New Mexico would make more sense and would probably be found a lot easier in the future. If you've ever been to the southeastern US you may know what havoc Kudzu vines can cause when unchecked for just a few years. They swallow up everything in a sea of green until you can't tell what was there before.

So for the idea, kinda cool. Who ordered it, kinda spooky. How it was built, pretty impressive and cool. Where its located, not cool or not well thought out. Certain aspects just don't add up given the amount of money that seemed to be thrown about. I guess we'll just have to see.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
More things should be done in stone so they last forever. I like the idea of all the languages being used as a Rosetta stone. I also think all the laws are common sense and should be followed. If there was no ridiculous patriotism over random bits of land you were born into, there wouldn't be nearly as many wars or conflicts. A world court is a good idea, especially one that has actual power. The population is irrelevant since soon we can colonize other planets and so resources won't be an issue. But people should be more spiritual, they should be nicer, more giving, and more understanding.

new topics

top topics

join