It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think your team did in the NFL draft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Texans here. I like Brian Cushing, he reminds me a lot of Bill Romanowski. That is the kind of intensity the Texans defense has been sorely lacking. I was really hoping that Louis Delmas, the safety from Western Michigan would fall to the Texans in the second round, but the pathetic Lions grabbed him with the first pick in the second round. Man, I watched the bowl game he played in and that guy was all over the field punishing people. Instead the Texans grabbed Connor Barwin in the second round, a converted tight end playing his first year on defense (LB, DE). The highlights showed him to be pretty intense as well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there. Didn't know too much about him before the draft.

As far as the rest of their picks, meh. I do like the fact that we stole James Casey in the fifth round. This kid could be a great H-Back in the same mold as Frank Wycheck. He was predicted to go in the second, so it was quite a surprise that he lasted until the fifth.

So how do you think your team did?

Peace

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Jets fan here.

I know all the Jets fan are happy about the Sanchez pick but I'm not that sure ...

The guy only had a handful of starts in college and it's not like he set the world on fire.

But since they didn't manage to trade for a QB I guess it's worth a gamble, we shall see.

That's pretty much it for the Jets, they got a decent looking RB in the 3rd round and a late pick I never heard of.

The interesting news is that they've been inquiring about Plaxico Burress.

Now that would be interesting.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

You know the Jets (and Plaxico) would love to stick it to the Giants.
Sanchez I'm not too sure of either. Is he better than Matt Leinart, I don't think so, and Leinart's been far from a sure thing. Time will tell I guess. Sanchez will certainly be a media darling though, he's charasmatic beyond his years. That should buy him a little more time.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Man, the Texans got a lot of picks ...

And ESPN gave them a B+ so that's quite good.

Hope springs eternal!

As far as Plaxico, I wonder if the Jets will give him his old locker back?

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Colts fan here..

Loved the Donald Brown pick.. He will mark my words be the best RB drafted this year. I love the fact the Colts added 2 DT's that both weigh over 3 bills. I love the Austin Collie pick. He will be very productive with P. Manning.

The only pick I did not like was Painter as a backup QB. He was benched last year at Purdue.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Dr Love

Man, the Texans got a lot of picks ...

And ESPN gave them a B+ so that's quite good.

They really needed to draft a RB to take some pressure off of Steve Slaton which they didn't do, and they need talented youth at safety in the worst way. So a B+ is stretching it a little IMO. That being said, they did sign undrafted Jeremiah Johnson out of Oregon after the draft as a free agent. I'm really surprised this guy didn't get drafted and he could be a steal as well, averaged 7.1 yards/carry for the year. He's a Slaton-type running back, but his speed was unimpressive at the combine as well as having some injury history. He has timed at 4.4/40 in the past though.

I really like Donald Brown. If anything he should give Joseph Addai a kick in the pants to get back to where he was the year before. As much as the Colts have lost, they still have that aura that the Texans need to overcome psychologically to surpass in the division. Having Manning doesn't hurt either.

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Look at you with all the great analysis and junk ...

Dr Love ... more like Dr Football!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Not really, I just had to find out everything I could about a guy named Jeremiah Johnson.

What a name, Robert Redford would be proud.

Peace

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Not really, I just had to find out everything I could about a guy named Jeremiah Johnson.

What a name, Robert Redford would be proud.

Yeah, good movie.

My team is the Cowboys and I don't think they had a first rounder so, I'm betting they didn't get anyone good. I think they would play better if they traded Jessica Simpson.

top topics

join