It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu in Canada - 6 confirmed cases and counting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Swine flu confirmed in Canada, 6 cases confirmed and counting

Link - CTV News

Health Minister Leona Aglukkaq says the federal government will take whatever measures are necessary to keep the public safe, after confirming six cases of swine flu in Canada.

Four of the cases are in Nova Scotia and another two in British Columbia.

Mexico has had the highest number of swine flu cases since April 13. There have been 22 confirmed deaths from the virus, and another 64 people are suspected to have died from swine flu. In total, more than 1,300 people have become ill.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Same story, different source.

Health officials confirm 6 cases of swine flu in Canada

Federal health officials have confirmed six cases of human swine influenza in British Columbia and Nova Scotia and are warning more cases are likely in the near future, as medical personnel around the world test for the virus linked to a serious outbreak in Mexico.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So far the only deaths have been reported in Mexico though correct? This is a very interesting story so far but I can't help but think that the media is sending this into overdrive to keep us distracted from something else.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
So far the only deaths have been reported in Mexico though correct? This is a very interesting story so far but I can't help but think that the media is sending this into overdrive to keep us distracted from something else.

I am tending to agree with that as well. If we have any deaths in the USA and other countries then I am going to get really concerned!!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
What isn't clear is if the infection mutates enough that it no longer kills as it moves away from the original epicenter.

That may be why it isn't showing deaths (or unusual deaths) elsewhere. It mutates into a less fatal form quickly.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Or possibly the reason for so many deaths in Mexico is because a lot of the people that died didn't have access to (poverty), or didn't get treated until it was too late.

As far as I know all but one of the cases in San Diego have recovered or are recovering.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Breaking news, there are 2 more confirmed cases in Canada.

Alberta confirms 2 cases of swine flu

Two human cases of swine flu have been confirmed in Alberta, the province's chief medical officer of health said Tuesday.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There will be a lot more in the next few months. So far we have been lucky in north america that its only been mild cases but give it time and im sure we'll start seeing worse cases as well as people dying from it. Scary.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
4 swine flu cases in Ont.; Canadian total now 13

"All cases are the same strain of the human-swine influenza that has been found in the United States and Mexico, and all of the confirmed cases in Canada so far have been mild," Canada's chief public officer of health David Butler-Jones told reporters Tuesday.

I think I have to agree with some of the others here, that this may only be a distraction from something else. I know for myself, this is all that's been on my mind for the last few days.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hog producers boost safeguards

MANITOBA hog producers are ramping up safeguards to protect against swine flu since scientific experts still can't pinpoint whether the virus originated in pigs or humans.

Hog barn workers with flu-like symptoms are being told to see a doctor and stay home, while hog producers on are the lookout for any signs of sickness among their herds.

Manitoba's chief veterinarian Dr. Wayne Lees called pigs a "mixing vessel" for flu, since the animal has receptors in its trachea for bird flu and human flu, along with a susceptibility to swine flu. Lees said human flu prefers human hosts, bird flu prefers birds and swine flu normally likes pigs -- but he warned viruses can mutate quickly and jump from species to species.

While the disease is currently spreading from person to person, Lees said there is a concern the virus could crop up in pigs.

www.winnipegfreepress.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
3 more confirmed cases in Ontario, Canada now. Bringing the total up to 16.

www.news.ontario.ca...
www.edmontonsun.com...

* 7 in Ontario.
* 2 in Alberta.
* 4 in Nova Scotia.
* 3 in British Columbia.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Any Canadian ATS members out there help keep this thread updated with any breaking news concerning swine flu in Canada.

The Canadian Pandemic Influenza Plan
www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...

There are now 19 confirmed cases in Canada. 3 more were confirmed in BC.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Canada Updates. Thursday April 30. 2009.

Canada doing all that's needed to respond to swine flu: PM
www.cbc.ca...

Nova Scotia confirms 4 new cases of swine flu
www.cbc.ca...

1 confirmed case of swine flu in Quebec
www.cbc.ca...

Alberta confirms 4 more cases of swine flu
www.cbc.ca...

Vernon school closed as swine flu cases in B.C. climb to 11
www.cbc.ca...

Japan’s first suspected swine flu case linked to B.C.
www.vancouversun.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So on the 26th there where 6 cases now on the 30th there are 31 cases at that rate next thurs. we will have 530 cases , and if it it continued at that rate 2 weeks later there would be over 150.000 about a week after that all hell would break loose over a million people with even a mild virus will tax the medical system to the max, So much for

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Cases of swine flu confirmed in Canada increases to 76

Health officials in Nova Scotia, British Columbia and Quebec confirmed a spate of new swine flu cases Saturday, boosting the national count to 76. The Nova Scotia Department of Health said lab testing had confirmed 17 new cases in the province. Eleven of the cases are related to the King's-Edgehill school community in Windsor, but the breakdown between students and staff is not known, according to the Nova Scotia Department of Health. Six other cases are outside of the school population.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
As soon as I post that last link they update it a few minutes later.

Number of confirmed swine flu cases in Canada now at 83
www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Instead of adding to all this incessant and ridiculous fear mongering by counting the number of cases of this completely normal flu, why don't we start listing all the car accidents as they happen in Canada?

C'mon, this is ridiculous. You're like a bunch of 8 year olds kids counting how many marbles they have in the marble bag.

This flu is no more serious than any other so far. So why all the hype in the media? It's certainly to keep us distracted from something... probably all the theft of the American people's money by Wall Street. $6 trillion and counting.

Not to mention that Donald Rumsfeld, who is one of the largest shareholders of Gilead Sciences (makers of Tamiflu) is foaming at the mouth about all the money he's gonna make by selling and injecting the poisonous vaccine. Today it was reported that the WHO is jumping to the rescue by flying 70,000,000 doses of this potion (that doesn't do a damned thing to help with this flu) to 3rd world countries. And of course, like all the sheeple in America, these 3rd world populations are not informed and will take this immoral and vile shot. All it will do is fill their bodies with who knows what kind of poison.

Rumsfeld could care less if he kills 10,000,000 Americans as long as he gets his $10 a head.

Let's stop this asinine counting, ok? It's playing right into their greedy hands. Enough of this childishness already! The dark bastards have distracted us and we're (well I'm not) falling for it hook, line and sinker.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
2 more cases have been confirmed bringing the total up to 85 Canadian cases.
www.cbc.ca...

new topics

top topics

join