It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

threatened by the elderly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It doesnt matter if they are old or not, you need to stand up to them, just because they have been around many more years and and have seen everything does not give them the right to expect anything and have free reign of the place. You dont have to be rude back just dont acknowledge them, pretend they dont exist, your first mistake was saying 'excuse me' when she started spinning the wheel. What you should always do in a situation like this is take control of the wheel and not allow it to move until you are ready, and when you are ready try to make sure that the wheel spins in the opposite direction to the one she wanted it to go. If then at that stage she tries to speak to you, at first you ignore the comment and then finally after a bit you react as if you only just heard her, then you proceed to explain in some form of gibberish that 'I no speaka da english' then turn and go back to observing the pretty shiny things you were looking at, expect to get hit by a cane it does happen and when this does you need to find mall security as fast as possible and say you somebody just assaulted you with a weapon, a mall cop will always take this far more seriously than is neccessary and detain the old woman. Then after reviewing the security footage it will show a completely unprovoked attack upon yourself, at this point you will be asked if you want to file assault with a deadly weapon charge, you do.
Now if that does not put that uppity cow in her place, well then quite frankly she deserves to do a little time.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by pazcat]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

She was VERY well aware of her surroundings. She was just a mean person plain and simple. I do not care how old you are if you are rude to me I will say something. I am not a door mat, it's called respect. I would expect someone to give it back to me if I was rude and believe me I have been rude to people and they said something to me and they had every right to because I shouldnt have been rude to them.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
It doesnt matter if they are old or not, you need to stand up to them, just because they have been around many more years and and have seen everything does not give them the right to expect anything and have free reign of the place. You dont have to be rude back just dont acknowledge them, pretend they dont exist, your first mistake was saying 'excuse me' when she started spinning the wheel. What you should always do in a situation like this is take control of the wheel and not allow it to move until you are ready, and when you are ready try to make sure that the wheel spins in the opposite direction to the one she wanted it to go. If then at that stage she tries to speak to you, at first you ignore the comment and then finally after a bit you react as if you only just heard her, then you proceed to explain in some form of gibberish that 'I no speaka da english' then turn and go back to observing the pretty shiny things you were looking at, expect to get hit by a cane it does happen and when this does you need to find mall security as fast as possible and say you somebody just assaulted you with a weapon, a mall cop will always take this far more seriously than is neccessary and detain the old woman. Then after reviewing the security footage it will show a completely unprovoked attack upon yourself, at this point you will be asked if you want to file assault with a deadly weapon charge, you do.
Now if that does not put that uppity cow in her place, well then quite frankly she deserves to do a little time.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by pazcat]

LOL! I had people at work cracking up at this. I still find it funny myself. I was completely polite to her and she just snapped! She was still rambling on as I walked away and was still in the store. The sales associate came up to me and apologized because even she couldnt believe it. IDK maybe she was having a bad day but still there is no need to take it out on someone else. I treat others the way I want to be treated she obviously wasnt taught that. Oh well next time I know to stay away from old ladies at the jewelry spinner....lol

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Wow! That's nice you became good friends. I have worked around the elderly before and some are very nasty. I guess maybe they are just miserable or something and take it out on anyone around no matter who it is. I guess that could be said for anyone I guess....Anyways it does seem like she respected the fact you didnt put up with her crap! My friends say that about me, they love how I am honest and upfront. I dont take crap from anyone and I use to be the one who got bullied until I changed my ways and I am much happier now. People dont walk all over me now. I am not a mean person by any means but I dont let people be rude and disrespectful either no matter the age.

This is a completely different incident and with a 6 year old...lol I was in Barnes and Noble getting coffee and this kid pushed me out of the way a few times and stepped all over my feet while the mom said NOTHING! Well the next time it happened I calmly looked at her and said "if you dont say something I will," only then did she say something. I mean for 10 mins this kid was literally pushing me out of the way and stepping on me and she was just standing there! Sometimes I just want to stay in my house and never go anywhere. IDK if it's just where I live but people are so rude!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

I must give you a word to the wise: All my elderly female friends carry a firearm in their purses and they know how to use it.

So is that like a warning that next time the woman will shoot him for telling her he was trying to look at the jewerly? haha

Just joking.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

LOL that was good stuff!

<< 1   >>

join