It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Requests 'Sickening' CIA Report; 'History Refutes Torture' a Serious Bombshell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Cheney Requests 'Sickening' CIA Report; 'History Refutes Torture' a Serious Bombshell

www.democraticunderground.com

From MSNBC The Rachel Maddow Show - April 24, 2009.

July 2002 memo told pentagon that the methods yielded "unreliable information".

A document prepared by the agency that helped train interrogators in methods like waterboarding warned of "unreliable information" as a result.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.salon.com

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
See also: "2002 military memo: CIA tactics "torture," ineffective"

the Washington Post published an interesting follow-up on the recent Senate Armed Services Committee report on the treatment of detainees during the Bush administration: A document that reveals at least one part of the military was calling the tactics used by the CIA and others "torture" as far back as July of 2002.

www.democraticunderground.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ok you win. I will be all for Bush and Cheney going to jail as long as Pelosi and the other dems who were briefed about this "torture" beforehand and didnt protest get sent to jail to0. See I am a reasonable person.

P.S. Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann, and all of MSNBC is a joke.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

So Pelosi should go to jail... for not protesting illegal activities of the Bush administration? What happened to putting the perpetrators of a crime in jail based solely on their illegal activities, why attempt to shift the blame to some liberal democrats because they weren't vocal enough to stop it?

As for your opinion of MSNBC, that's all fine and dandy, I'm of the same opinion but I lump Fox in there as well. But let me ask you, why should your opinion of a news agency affect your consideration of the subject - memos from the pentagon or even internal memos of the CIA that recognize what the CIA was doing was torture, and that torture tactics result in "unreliable results"? The memos speak for themselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Personally, I've yet to see Rachel Maddow be a professional in any way shape or form. She annoys the hell out of me with her unnecessary remarks, and partisan hackery. She's like Sean Hannity in that respect. But she has made a few good points here.

I'd love to see Cheney and the whole gang arrested and tried for torture. I'm tired of the US justice system turning a blind eye to corruption like this.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

So Pelosi should go to jail... for not protesting illegal activities of the Bush administration? What happened to putting the perpetrators of a crime in jail based solely on their illegal activities, why attempt to shift the blame to some liberal democrats because they weren't vocal enough to stop it?

Aiding and abetting, she should get a lesser sentence, you can give her 90 years instead of the 100 years to those who ordered it.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Come on, if Racheal Maddow is reporting it then I'm not even going to bother watching it.

Thats like posting a video with Keith Olbermann in it.

edit to add-

or to some it would be like posting a video of Bill O'Reilly.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by jd140]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well, I knew I should have posted the second link first and not the one to MSNBC. Honestly I don't watch MSNBC at all so wasn't aware of her bias. That's my bad there.

Sadly, FOX News bias will also keep them from accurately reporting these memos without turning it into some anti-democrat rant.

But regarding the memos, here is what I find astounding - our own military knew what was torture and what wasn't. Yet, like we've seen so many times in the past, the military was coerced into bad decision making processes by the civilian government. Was the military brass afraid of being labeled cowards if they didn't kowtow to the Bush administration?

And as far as the CIA is concerned, you'd think their psyche evals would have kept guys like John Yoo far away from the president or public service. Yoo is the sort of man who masterminds the schemes behind nutters like Pol Pot and all his ilk. They grossly abuse power with no regard to the consequences.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubberBaron

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Aiding and abetting, she should get a lesser sentence, you can give her 90 years instead of the 100 years to those who ordered it.

Being that I am such a reasonable person I will sacrifice and agree with your concessions. 100 year for the bushies and 90 years for the dems.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Now that's a compromise I think we can all live with. But I must insist no possibility of parole or pardons for either camps!

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I remember during the second Iraq invasion, the one orchestrated by Chaney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz, Chaney called the Iraqi oil fields "the big prize".

Funny, cause I thought ridding the world of Bin Laden was the big prize. Shows us exactly where Chaneys priorities were. Chaney makes Nixon look like a saint.

Thanks for the link, although I have a hard time watching stuff like this without my blood boiling over (again).

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I remember during the second Iraq invasion, the one orchestrated by Chaney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz, Chaney called the Iraqi oil fields "the big prize".

Funny, cause I thought ridding the world of Bin Laden was the big prize. Shows us exactly where Chaneys priorities were. Chaney makes Nixon look like a saint.

Thanks for the link, although I have a hard time watching stuff like this without my blood boiling over (again).

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I agree, and if anyone passes gas thats an extra ten year sentence, 15 if its silent but deadly, because that is also a form of torture.
Also silent but deadly (SBD) has three letters and so does weapons of mass destruction (WMD) so there is that whole numerology connection.

[edit on 26-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
humorous that when an issue of such importance as the illegal torture of prisoners of the USA comes up all we can do is stoop to partisan bickering and finger pointing.

i do not care what party the perpetrators are from i wan JUSTICE.

i want the CONSTITUTION to be upheld.

blue, red, black or white i want this corrected.

the right place to start in making this happen is at the source, anyone who was complicit will be ferreted out.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Demanding justice for torture does not mean going soft in terrorist. But consider this: when US forces began offering $50 reward money to impoverished Afghani villagers who turned in "terrorists", they had no idea what they were going to get as a result. These villagers turned in anybody and everybody for the money, terrorist or not. That was how Chinese Muslems who traveled through Afghanistan, who had nothing to do with Al-Queda or the taliban, were turned over to the US and shipped off to Gitmo, and subsequently tortured.

I've never been tortured, but having watched some of these sickening videos, I can only imagine how desperate someone becomes to appease their captures to make the torture stop. Innocent men will probably begin to implicate themselves in plots they never had anything to do with. That is the charge behind these memos authored by the pentagon and the CIA, yet the Bush administration (I'm guessing Chaney was ultimately behind it) had to have their torture.

top topics

join