It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forecast of Grattan Woodson, MD - 210 millions deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Forecast of Grattan Woodson, MD - 210 millions deaths

canprep.ca

The virus will be in every country within 30 days of outbreak.

Regrettably, we are at 30 days now from the first reported cases that occurred in March.

What this means is that very probably this new strain has already made its way around the world.

Given the above assumptions then the expected death number worldwide is:

CAR 50% x CFR 7% x 6 billion = 210,000,000 deaths from the flu directly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is in regards to the swine flu. Grattan Woodson is a doctor and has written a few books about pandemics. This is a link to a post he made on Fluwikie regarding the potential deaths that could result from the swine flu coming out of Mexico. Unfortunately his original post has disappeared from Fluwikie. It was, however, copied and pasted in full on CanPREP, a forum about the ethics in pandemics. I have not pasted the entire article here.

canprep.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Interesting... 200 millions is quite something. How many the vaccination will kill? Half of that?
If it is as deadly as the HPV vaccines, if we vaccine the world's population, the death toll will be high.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I just saw some man on the news say that the virus appears to have started "about a month ago" and he also said that meant that by now it would likely be all over the world. Still, no one outside of Mexico and the other places has had it yet and 4 weeks have gone by already....should we be encouraged by this or not....

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Dont panic.. take your time to watch the news and see what happens..

We are all only just seeing this unfold.

if the media starts talking about it being in your area then start worrying...otherwise sit tight until something upsets the apples a whole lot more

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Still, no one outside of Mexico and the other places has had it yet

It's in the USA. So... it crossed the border.

It's in California, New York, Texas, Mexico, those are confirmed so far.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It was on all news and news portals here in Croatia. Should I be worried

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Pretty scary stuff. NY is pretty close to Canada, and I frequest Phoenix and Orlando. Any thoughts as to if this is a man made illness, or if the vaccine will be the end of us all. I have not gotten a regular flu vaccine in over 7 years, and cannot remember the last 'bad' flu. Oh well, no more bacon for me.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolMemberOfATS
It was on all news and news portals here in Croatia. Should I be worried

FORTUNATELY, we still haven't found virus that can spread via internet and infect us while surfing

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolMemberOfATS

I think we should not worry about it.

First, worrying is bad for your health.

Second, I find it a very strong coincidence that, after a year where the flu vaccine sales were very low and there was no profit for the pharmaceutical companies, they discover this new flu that spreads between humans (making it easier to spread) but that can be cured by the same vaccine as the avian flu.

Also, considering that many people were expecting thousands of deaths from avian flu and it did not reached 100, I think this is just another way of keeping us scared.

Apparently, the economic crisis did not scared us enough.

Edit: I should have said "the deaths did not reached 1000", not 100. Sorry.

[edit on 25/4/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I would not be to worried , as if found only 20 died from it in Mexico! that was on record the last few days. There may be more now. But in the U.S as of yesterday there where a few that had it with no deaths! I am not saying that it is nothing but I do not see a major thing going on at this time. And it Mexico it was in a city of millions and the rate there was really low. If it was as bad as some are making it then Mexico City would be a real mess.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by raz24400

Yes, this could very well be something from a laboratory,

here's why,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Still, no one outside of Mexico and the other places has had it yet

It's in the USA. So... it crossed the border.

It's in California, New York, Texas, Mexico, those are confirmed so far.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

...and 2 in Kansas

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Let's talk prevention. Are you aware that Tamiflu, the prescription pharmaceutical prescribed for those suffering for avian flu, has as its main active ingredient a substance refined from a common spice known as star anise? You can buy the whole form of this spice (it grows in a rosette or circular form) at larger grocery stores. In Los Angeles county, the cheapest source for star anise is in ethnic stores selling food imported from India. Very fresh and comparatively cheap. Go for it!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Never heard of star anise will have to check it out online maybe because I know the stores around here wont have it. Im still sticking to my plan any diseases, plagues etc. I'm heading off to a little island country in the middle of nowhere .

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

Do you have a link for this info ? I'd be curious to know if there are different forms of Anise and if all forms of Anise have the same qualities, or just that one type.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well looks like it is spreading all over, I had not checked up on the news!
This happened in the 70's and it made quite a few ill but did not kill a whole lot.
Well I guess we will see as it is in the U.K now by reports. I would say it is in just about every country there is by now.

join